News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 09, 2019, 05:53:53 PM
That just sounds like genocide with extra steps.

Well, if Trump, in his great and unmatched wisdom doesn't like it he'll destroy Turkey's economy. Got popcorn?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Hydra009

If only there was some sort of policy in place to help with that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 09, 2019, 05:53:53 PM
That just sounds like genocide with extra steps.

It sounds bad. But I think they mean sending back 4 million Syrian to that region by that. E: Or I want to think that. I shouldn't even follow the news about this...whatever it is.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Two of Guiliani's associates arrested for campaign finance violations

Apparently, they were using a shell company to disguise the source of a $325,000 donation to a pro-Trump political action committee.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Unbeliever

QuotePresident Donald Trump’s spiritual adviser Paula White says she was ordered by God to serve the Republican president.

The prosperity gospel pastor explained that she was compelled to serve as chair of Trump’s evangelical advisory board.

“Literally, the God aspect, like, what God told me to do, how I even got involved, because the one thing that I said, I’ll never do politics,” White said. “But when it came down to it, it wasn’t about doing politics, it was about an assignment. To say no to President Trump would be saying no to God, and I won’t do that.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szQo-LKtxqQ

Trump doesn't have a "spiritual advisor" - he has a religion propaganda advisor.
God Not Found

SGOS

Trump as God?  Political satire couldn't be much better.

Unbeliever

Seems kind of sacrilegious, to me.
God Not Found

drunkenshoe

Do you guys know the documentary series Family? I think he was defined as God's instrument there. Which can be flawed?

QuoteThe Family â€" which is a nickname for The Fellowship â€" is based on the 2009 book The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power by Jeff Sharlet. The five-part series looks into the inner workings of the highly private group, and its members who have held positions in government.
Quote is from google not the link.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/aug/15/the-family-netflix-powerful-sinister-christian-sect-trump
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 10, 2019, 08:11:21 PM
Seems kind of sacrilegious, to me.
I like the idea of Trump as god -- non-existent, with zero affect on the real world.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

drunkenshoe

How does he have zero affect on the real world?

Unbeliever

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 10, 2019, 11:52:54 PM
Do you guys know the documentary series Family? I think he was defined as God's instrument there. Which can be flawed?
Quote is from google not the link.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/aug/15/the-family-netflix-powerful-sinister-christian-sect-trump
We may already live in a secret theocracy and not know it. Well, of course we wouldn't know it, that's what secret means!

As Aristotle put it, "A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side."

The theocracy may not be secret for much longer, as the right-wing may manage to get even more power through religion, more blatantly. And the version of religion they will use to enslave the masses is of the most horrendous variety! When they start saying that God put them in their position we're all of us in grave danger. But especially we nonbelievers. We may become be targets if our unbelief is generally known.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 11, 2019, 07:57:24 AM
How does he have zero affect on the real world?

He just means it would be nice if Trump, like God, had no effect on the real world.
God Not Found

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 11, 2019, 02:01:00 PM
He just means it would be nice if Trump, like God, had no effect on the real world.

Ah. The god part escaped me,lol.