News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on August 13, 2019, 01:42:41 AM
True enough.  The only real gain from a successful impeachment in the House would be that all the evidence of criminal activity and wrongdoings -- the required "high crimes and misdemeanors" -- would then all be on the public record, with the paper trail that validates the evidence.

The downside of course is that Republicans are utterly shameless and would claim that (for example) obstruction of justice is all right when Lord Dampnut or any other Republican does it, because they have a divine right to govern or some damn thing so the rules are different for them.

Sometimes the shame or even threat of impeachment is enough to change history.  Nixon resigned at the (convincing) threat.  Not that I think Trump would, but even the threat might have some consequences.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 13, 2019, 02:00:51 AM
@Cavebear ... yes, the academic types want you to bow and scrape ;-)  But a PhD in Librarianship might be useful if you were working at a major institution, like The National Archives.

They were history PhDs, not librarians.  Though given the research demands, that might be similar.

But the history PhD I knew best as a co=worker was interesting.  He wasn't worth a damn as an office worker, but he was a Civil War re-enactor and and "The South Shall Rise Again" type.  We had some great debates about Civil War battles.  I think he was often shocked that I a "mere" history minor, often knew more about some battles and broad strategies than he did. 

He could name Divisions and Generals.  I could name maneuvers in battles.  Drove him nuts...

He didn't actually know anything meaningful.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on August 13, 2019, 12:46:37 AM
As opposed to The Donald who makes the only money he gets by staying at his own places and making the Govt pay him to do it?

Well, I generally agree.  I don't want either of them.

Well at least Bernie is not swimming in rubles...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 13, 2019, 02:40:18 AM
They were history PhDs, not librarians.  Though given the research demands, that might be similar.

But the history PhD I knew best as a co=worker was interesting.  He wasn't worth a damn as an office worker, but he was a Civil War re-enactor and and "The South Shall Rise Again" type.  We had some great debates about Civil War battles.  I think he was often shocked that I a "mere" history minor, often knew more about some battles and broad strategies than he did. 

He could name Divisions and Generals.  I could name maneuvers in battles.  Drove him nuts...

He didn't actually know anything meaningful.

Sad.  I consider history (which is mostly false reconstruction) to be mostly entertainment.  A part of literature.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 13, 2019, 05:41:14 AM
Well at least Bernie is not swimming in rubles...

He got married in Moscow Russia.  Sucked Lenin's dead dick.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 13, 2019, 06:14:12 AM
He got married in Moscow Russia.  Sucked Lenin's dead dick.

Of course Bernie is evil, Donald is a saint. We know your broken record.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 13, 2019, 06:13:22 AM
Sad.  I consider history (which is mostly false reconstruction) to be mostly entertainment.  A part of literature.
I'm sure that Mein Kampf is you favorite read...

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 13, 2019, 06:24:22 AM
Of course Bernie is evil, Donald is a saint. We know your broken record.

Haha, too bad Sen Joe McCarthy never waterboarded you.  You were too young at the time.  Never met an American hating commie you didn't like.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 13, 2019, 06:36:16 AM
I'm sure that Mein Kampf is you favorite read...

You really have to use Lavoris.  You have germans in your mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVwlUe_t3jg
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 13, 2019, 10:33:20 AM
You really have to use Lavoris.  You have germans in your mouth.
Pitching a product is unbecoming of you. Are you being enslaved by corporate greed???

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 14, 2019, 04:17:33 AM
Pitching a product is unbecoming of you. Are you being enslaved by corporate greed???

You have gone so Left, you are Right.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 14, 2019, 08:35:49 AM
You have gone so Left, you are Right.

Not quite correct but almost: Left + Right = Center.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on August 08, 2019, 01:21:55 PM

I've been expecting a global economic downturn caused by Trump.

Treasury inversion is the first sign that a recession is on its way. DJI down 400 points at this moment. Expect more of this.

aileron

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 14, 2019, 10:35:56 AMDJI down 400 points at this moment. Expect more of this.

Timing the market can be hard, but yeah, I'm concerned too that there's more to come. All Trump had to do on the economy was nothing, and his NPD makes that impossible.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 14, 2019, 09:13:25 AM
Not quite correct but almost: Left + Right = Center.

I am Center, so you are anti-Center.  I did the survey on-line, I was the most centric of anyone.  Gilgamesh was banned, so was Pr126 ... so there was no one to the Right of me, just people more or less to the Left of me.  So I am relatively Right.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.