Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

He must be using something.

Trump wants 6G internet ‘as soon as possible’

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/21/18234540/donald-trump-6g-internet-5g-us-telecom-cell-network-carriers

"ı want 5g, and even 6g, technology in the united states as soon as possible. ıt is far more powerful, faster, and smarter than the current standard. american companies must step up their efforts, or get left behind. there is no reason that we should be lagging behind on something that is so obviously the future. ı want the united states to win through competition, not by blocking out currently more advanced technologies. we must always be the leader in everything we do, especially when it comes to the very exciting world of technology "
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Draconic Aiur

Yet America isn't the best.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 21, 2019, 10:03:33 AM
He must be using something.

Trump wants 6G internet ‘as soon as possible’

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/21/18234540/donald-trump-6g-internet-5g-us-telecom-cell-network-carriers

"ı want 5g, and even 6g, technology in the united states as soon as possible. ıt is far more powerful, faster, and smarter than the current standard. american companies must step up their efforts, or get left behind. there is no reason that we should be lagging behind on something that is so obviously the future. ı want the united states to win through competition, not by blocking out currently more advanced technologies. we must always be the leader in everything we do, especially when it comes to the very exciting world of technology "

It is about network security, NSA/GCHQ.  As long as there are holes that the Western security services have, then your network equipment is OK.  I presume that China was doing the same with Huawei and was going to share the metadata.  Maybe the blowup occurred because the Chinese decided they were not going to share the metadata at all.

You really don't understand communications, it isn't about art, it is about spying.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on February 21, 2019, 12:16:25 PM
Yet America isn't the best.

Never was, never will be. Britain is best ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 07, 2019, 02:08:58 PM
I don't think he misspoke or misread from the teleprompter - evangelicals are trying to abolish civil rights and create a theocracy in America.

It could be both accidental teleprompter misreading AND the truth.  Sometimes one like Trump can misread AND mean what he says.  His mind is very fluid (watery).
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on February 21, 2019, 12:56:42 PM
It is about network security, NSA/GCHQ.  As long as there are holes that the Western security services have, then your network equipment is OK.  I presume that China was doing the same with Huawei and was going to share the metadata.  Maybe the blowup occurred because the Chinese decided they were not going to share the metadata at all.

You really don't understand communications, it isn't about art, it is about spying.

LOL Do you get the point ?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 22, 2019, 10:46:14 AM
LOL Do you get the point ?

Your point ... that Euro-communism was right, before and after the fall of the Soviet Union ... as in that being pointed enough?

I am always surprised when otherwise intelligent people are completely blind to obvious things about their situation.  Like ... the government is powerful and uses that power for its own purposes, not for you.

BTW - NJ wants to pass a law, banning anyone who is a millionaire, from running for office ... which would include Trump in 2020.  Death to Capitalism!  Long Live Lenin!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 22, 2019, 01:07:50 PM
I am always surprised when otherwise intelligent people are completely blind to obvious things about their situation.  Like ... the government is powerful and uses that power for its own purposes, not for you.

You never fail to amuse me.  OF COURSE the GOVERNMENT strives to control things.  It is made of people and people want to control things to their own ends.  That's why Ben Franklin said we had "A Republic, if you can keep it."   It TAKES some "keeping".

And that is why Trump and his lickspittle cronies are a danger to our Republic.  They want to end it.  And I don't mean partisan politics either.  Democrats and Republicans, liberals and conservatives alike see the danger (though some are more fearful of their political careers than others). 

Unbeliever

This is really fascinating! It only peripherally concerns Trump, but America's relationship with Saudi Arabia seems to be very complicated:

QuoteIn a TRMS Special Report, Rachel Maddow shares newly published documents revealing former Vice President Spiro Agnew appealed to the Saudi crown prince for millions of dollars to support what he described as a Zionist conspiracy against him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZZcLAmsWnE
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 22, 2019, 02:28:11 PM
This is really fascinating! It only peripherally concerns Trump, but America's relationship with Saudi Arabia seems to be very complicated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZZcLAmsWnE

The US should distance itself from all of The Middle East.  They exist only due to oil, and oil is going to be obsolete "soon".

Baruch

When oil and gas are obsolete, so will most of humanity.  Renewable (minus nuclear) will be insufficient for the present population or life style.  Low density energy is not a one for one replacement of high density energy.

Yes, the Saudis are nasty, but the US is just as nasty.  Beware the day, when everyone gets what is coming to them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 22, 2019, 06:36:59 PM
When oil and gas are obsolete, so will most of humanity.  Renewable (minus nuclear) will be insufficient for the present population or life style.  Low density energy is not a one for one replacement of high density energy.

Yes, the Saudis are nasty, but the US is just as nasty.  Beware the day, when everyone gets what is coming to them.

Well, first, I didn't say "minus nuclear".  And second, you fail to account for technology improvement. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 22, 2019, 06:42:11 PM
Well, first, I didn't say "minus nuclear".  And second, you fail to account for technology improvement.

Technology improvement = free lunch?  Only to the ignorant.

Yes, most of your Lefty friends are anti-nuclear, even thorium reactors.  Fusion reactors are not radiation free either.

It was Marx, the greatest technology prophet of all time, who thought that the steam engine and coal would lead to a free lunch utopia.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 22, 2019, 06:46:32 PM
Technology improvement = free lunch?  Only to the ignorant.

Yes, most of your Lefty friends are anti-nuclear, even thorium reactors.  Fusion reactors are not radiation free either.

It was Marx, the greatest technology prophet of all time, who thought that the steam engine and coal would lead to a free lunch utopia.

Moore's Law, human ingenuity, and dumbass persistence...  Beats a Luddite Flush (eventually.