News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 09, 2018, 02:52:56 AM
Hm  ... 40 years ago they were into "why did McGovern lose".  How did you turn out on the 8values poll some of us took awhile back?  Anarchist?  Bloodthirsty Revolutionary?  Bloodthirsty Reactionary?  Just kidding.  Most people here who did, and who admitted their results, were moderate to hard Left.

It isn't just about the Republicans.  They are 1/3 of the electorate.  The problem for both parties is they have lost the middle 1/3.  I saw nothing partisan I wanted to support 2 years ago, and also this election.  DNC and RNC continue to play with the band on the USA Titanic.

I came out on the survey right on Bernie Sanders' forehead.  I'm dead-enter Libertarian/Left.  But that's my personal view for an idealized universe of people just like me.  Since the world is (sadly) not all "just like me", I think some accomodations have to be made. 

Let's just say that if Trump had a fatal heart attack, I wouldn't mourn much...

I would like to think of myself as an independent voter.  But every time I have to make a choice, I end up with a Democrat.  If Republicans weren't so damn MEAN and anti all-people-vote all the time, I would consider them more.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 09, 2018, 07:01:31 AM
I came out on the survey right on Bernie Sanders' forehead.  I'm dead-enter Libertarian/Left.  But that's my personal view for an idealized universe of people just like me.  Since the world is (sadly) not all "just like me", I think some accomodations have to be made. 

I would like to think of myself as an independent voter.  But every time I have to make a choice, I end up with a Democrat.  If Republicans weren't so damn MEAN and anti all-people-vote all the time, I would consider them more.

Sort of answered the question.  Nothing wrong with the answer.  I wouldn't mind if all the D and R party officials dropped dead.  Myself .. I would end up with an independent candidate each time.  I can no longer consider either D or R, as first choice, ever again.  They have burned their bridges.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 09, 2018, 12:54:10 PM
Sort of answered the question.  Nothing wrong with the answer.  I wouldn't mind if all the D and R party officials dropped dead.  Myself .. I would end up with an independent candidate each time.  I can no longer consider either D or R, as first choice, ever again.  They have burned their bridges.

Name the Independent candidates (non R or D) you have actually voted for.

I voted for Anderson in 1980.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 09, 2018, 12:57:43 PM
Name the Independent candidates (non R or D) you have actually voted for.

I voted for Anderson in 1980.

You are older than me .. so not Cotton Mather?

No national office.  State office gives you my location.  It is enough to say I was surprised how many Independents filed.  I voted Independent for both Governor and Lt Governor for example.

In the past I wouldn't vote independent, that has only happened in 2008 and on.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 09, 2018, 01:05:47 PM
You are older than me .. so not Cotton Mather?

No national office.  State office gives you my location.  It is enough to say I was surprised how many Independents filed.  I voted Independent for both Governor and Lt Governor for example.

In the past I wouldn't vote independent, that has only happened in 2008 and on.

On might wonder about Mather's Remarkable Providences...

Are you from Maine?  NH?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 09, 2018, 01:24:01 PM
On might wonder about Mather's Remarkable Providences...

Are you from Maine?  NH?

I know a Mr Main ... but I don't know which state he is from.  He is in charge of military/civilian training in our unit.

Never got closer than Kennedy International.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 09, 2018, 01:26:10 PM
I know a Mr Main ... but I don't know which state he is from.  He is in charge of military/civilian training in our unit.

Never got closer than Kennedy International.

The State you are in is the state you are in.  I don't really care.

Dropped Cotton like a rock, didn't you?

Unbeliever

Trump's trying to remove the cataracts from the eyes of Justice. He doesn't just believe he's above the law, he believes that, for him, no law exists.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Wow, I just found out that Matt Whitaker, the acting attorney general, believes judges should have a "biblical view of justice"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/08/matthew-whitaker-acting-attorney-general-judges-christian

“Because natural law is often used from the eye of the beholder, if you will,” Whitaker said. “I’d like to see things like their world view. What informs them? How have they lived their life? Are they people of faith? Do they have a biblical view of justice? Which I think is very important.”

“What I know is that as long as they have that worldview, that they’ll be a good judge. And if they have a secular worldview, that ‘this is all we have here on Earth’, then I’m going to be very concerned about how they judge.”

I still think the right is trying to turn America into a theocracy, and this is just one step more in that direction.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 09, 2018, 03:22:46 PM
Trump's trying to remove the cataracts from the eyes of Justice. He doesn't just believe he's above the law, he believes that, for him, no law exists.

The law has to be blind.  It is written by politicians.

You know the Guardian is a communist rag, right?

I like the judges Hitler used after the 1944 assassination attempt.  They were certainly godless, unless you count Hitler as deity.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 09, 2018, 04:29:20 PM
I still think the right is trying to turn America into a theocracy, and this is just one step more in that direction.
The Talebangelical wing of the GOP is pushing that way.  And the profit über alles wing doesn't care as long as they can make a buck from it.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on November 09, 2018, 07:01:31 AM
I can give you two words that would make you mourn just a little: President Pence.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 09, 2018, 03:22:46 PM

Just like Nixon and Clinton.  Civil War 2.0 now!  Turn the internet over to China, to insure patriotism by algorithm.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on November 10, 2018, 11:16:15 AM
The Talebangelical wing of the GOP is pushing that way.  And the profit über alles wing doesn't care as long as they can make a buck from it.

Yep, in some people's universe, Pat Robertson became President in 1988.  Why are all the parallel universes, dystopias?

If you hate money, give all you have away to the nearest atheist shelter.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on November 10, 2018, 11:17:11 AM
I can give you two words that would make you mourn just a little: President Pence.

Let's consider Trump as a gibbering idiot orangutan and Pence as the mildly annoying web-footed wanna-be duck.  Give me Pence.  He would be chewed into mincemeat.