News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on November 03, 2018, 02:30:08 AM
I am looking forward to Election Day when people who despise Trump win.  The House at least.  The Senate seems unlikely.

I know it is popular in some circles to think Trump will be defeated in a few days.  I predict that the Repubs will retain control of both houses and that Trump will be reelected in two years.  I don't see much hope for this country; and it seems to be a sickness that is creeping around the world. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 03, 2018, 11:26:23 AM
I know it is popular in some circles to think Trump will be defeated in a few days.  I predict that the Repubs will retain control of both houses and that Trump will be reelected in two years.  I don't see much hope for this country; and it seems to be a sickness that is creeping around the world.

You may be right.  But the idea that people will turn centrist and moderate, shake hands, and stop acting out ...is even more unlikely.  Think Planet of the Apes.  I voted for as many non-R non-D as I could.  I had to choose the R over the D when no independent was available ... for the same reasons I voted for Obama over McCain or over Romney ... I don't vote for ...

When I voted for Obama, it wasn't because of the D after his name, but in spite of it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

My default is Demo.  Never, ever a Repub.  Once upon a time, that was not the case.  I would, every now and again, vote independent or Rep.  Now, all repubs represent evil--yeah, 100%.  So, I consider the issues and who represents those issues I care about.  If an independent represents those then I vote for them; otherwise I default to a Demo.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 03, 2018, 11:35:20 AM
My default is Demo.  Never, ever a Repub.  Once upon a time, that was not the case.  I would, every now and again, vote independent or Rep.  Now, all repubs represent evil--yeah, 100%.  So, I consider the issues and who represents those issues I care about.  If an independent represents those then I vote for them; otherwise I default to a Demo.

I did that once, then stopped voting.  I didn't like myself that way.  I understand that demonizing an opposition is what you do before war and genocide.  I can see genocide coming to the US.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on November 03, 2018, 11:43:40 AM
I did that once, then stopped voting.  I didn't like myself that way.  I understand that demonizing an opposition is what you do before war and genocide.  I can see genocide coming to the US.
Yeah, so can I.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 03, 2018, 11:26:23 AM
I think so, as well, but I'm a pessimist, so I always expect the worst. Occasionally the worst doesn't happen, and I can be glad I was wrong. I really hope I'm wrong in this case! I hope we don't see a terrorism style of civil war, which seems to have already begun. Whatever happens, I don't expect it to be good for this country.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

War in general, and civil war in particular, are never good ideas.  But people keep turning to it again and again ;-(

Americans could stick together better, with an external enemy like the Soviet Union.  That is part of the reason for the "Russia, Russia" narrative.  I seem to recall and Outer Limits episode about this ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 03, 2018, 11:35:20 AM
I swore never to vote for another Republican during the attempted coup d'état against President Clinton -- not only do I remain unconvinced that articles of impeachment brought by a lame duck House even need to be considered by a Senate of the next Congress, but the standing ovation that then-chairman (and professional class hypocrite) Edward Henry Hyde and the Repubs on the Judiciary Committee gave Witchhunter General Starr at the end of his testimony was the most revoltingly partisan display I had ever seen, up to that point.  Especially if you're old enough to remember the way Pete Rodino ran the Judiciary Committee during Watergate.  The Republicans clearly had no interest in unearthing the facts -- they wanted revenge on a President they were unable to defeat in two elections, no more, no less.

That doesn't mean I will always vote for the Democrat, but I will withhold my vote in specific races if there's no acceptable alternative.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Democrats want revenge too.  That is what Hitler wanted against GB and France.  So noble a motivation.  Is that any different than KKK who want revenge for the US Civil War?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Yawn ... broken promises of every slime ball politician ever.  Have you ever read H L Mencken?  Now there was a newspaper man ...

"A good politician is quite as unthinkable as an honest burglar."

"Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods."

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance."

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

But ... wishing everyone a happy day.  I want everyone to be successful and happy, though I now it won't happen, because I know people work a cross purposes.  For Americans ... go vote if you haven't already.  Be a good sport, and don't be too upset if your candidate looses or too arrogant if your candidate wins.  Unlike some others on the Internet, I don't feed on liberal tears, or conservative ones either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on November 06, 2018, 12:52:38 PM
But ... wishing everyone a happy day.  I want everyone to be successful and happy, though I now it won't happen, because I know people work a cross purposes.  For Americans ... go vote if you haven't already.  Be a good sport, and don't be too upset if your candidate looses or too arrogant if your candidate wins.  Unlike some others on the Internet, I don't feed on liberal tears, or conservative ones either.
well said. whatever happens happens
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Today will be the day the US of A will cement it's claim to the stupidest people in the world.  To be clear.  The dems will win more seats, but the repubs will retain control of both houses--throw in the presidency and the supreme court and the agents of the 1% and the religious will have free reign over what is left of the govt.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 06, 2018, 01:18:15 PM
The dems will win more seats, but the repubs will retain control of both houses--throw in the presidency and the supreme court and the agents of the 1% and the religious will have free reign over what is left of the govt.

https://youtu.be/WH1NihRN5cU