News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on October 07, 2018, 02:32:09 PM
Says a self hating American?  Shiranu much?

I don't hate being American, I only hate that being American has become synonymous with being a boring and horrible human being. Yes... we always did horrible things... but we also lead the way in magnificent achievements in science, in war, in culture as well as pioneering revolutionary new ways of thinking culturally and politically for many generations.

I hate that we are trying to regress into repeating everything we did wrong rather than celebrating and emulating everything we did right. In that way, I would argue I am quite conservative... I want to conserve the things that made America great, and it was never our bigotry, our racism, our sexism, nor classism and screwing our fellow citizen over that did those things... it was our drive for progress, for equality, for excellence and being the moral beacon of the world that made us great.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Draconic Aiur

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on October 07, 2018, 05:42:46 PM
So help me, I read that last clause as "half a Korean guy" and was going to ask what happened...

LOL!  But BIL.  His dad married a Korean woman.  She was loved in the family.  No problems there.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Draconic Aiur

It offends my intelligence that certain groups of republicans say that a obvious corrupted liar should be respected and praised as a member of SCOPTUS. It also offends my intelligence that they say its a liberal's problem and snobbishly laugh. It should everyone's problem but these people who can be good people are stupid and bigoted as fuck and I like to hit them with a crrowbar.

Cavebear

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on October 10, 2018, 02:38:28 PM
It offends my intelligence that certain groups of republicans say that a obvious corrupted liar should be respected and praised as a member of SCOPTUS. It also offends my intelligence that they say its a liberal's problem and snobbishly laugh. It should everyone's problem but these people who can be good people are stupid and bigoted as fuck and I like to hit them with a crrowbar.

Yes, the SCOTUS should all be centrist.  They SHOULD be a safety zone.  Kavanaiugh will not be.

Unbeliever

I suspect that, if the Republicans lose any mid-term elections, they'll just take them to court, all the way up to the SCOTUS. And then, guess what? They'll win.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 10, 2018, 03:13:10 PM
I suspect that, if the Republicans lose any mid-term elections, they'll just take them to court, all the way up to the SCOTUS. And then, guess what? They'll win.

Yes.  No more to say.  Just Yes.  OK, more...

I look at the world thinking if Al Gore hadn't been cheated from the Election in 2000.  We would have solar power everywhere.  We would not have climate change now, we would have transcontinental maglevs.

Don't laugh. We would...  18 years is a long time.    We went to the moon in 9.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on October 10, 2018, 04:33:26 PM
Yes.  No more to say.  Just Yes.  OK, more...

I look at the world thinking if Al Gore hadn't been cheated from the Election in 2000.  We would have solar power everywhere.  We would not have climate change now, we would have transcontinental maglevs.

Don't laugh. We would...  18 years is a long time.    We went to the moon in 9.
If Al Gore had not been such an abject coward, we may not be on the doorstep of a dictatorship. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

The Republicans know how to fight dirty, and are not afraid to do just that. The Democrats either don't know how, are afraid to. or both. The corporations win either way, but the people lose more with the GOP in power.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 10, 2018, 03:06:15 PM
Yes, the SCOTUS should all be centrist.  They SHOULD be a safety zone.  Kavanaiugh will not be.

BS ... SCOTUS worthless since Dred Scott decision over 150 years ago.  Where were you people when Citizen's United was approved by SCOTUS?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 10, 2018, 06:55:58 PM
The Republicans know how to fight dirty, and are not afraid to do just that. The Democrats either don't know how, are afraid to. or both. The corporations win either way, but the people lose more with the GOP in power.

Rollerball ... enjoy your entertainment, citizen!  All corporations, all the time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on October 10, 2018, 02:38:28 PM

Funny, that is exactly what some Republicans are saying about the Democrats ... that unless you give them a dictatorship, they will take their spunk-in-spiced soy latte, and run home to watch Oprah and have a good cry.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 10, 2018, 06:42:51 PM
If Al Gore had not been such an abject coward, we may not be on the doorstep of a dictatorship.

A bug not a feature.  We have insect overlords, not reptilians.  Social insects are ruled by Queens.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 10, 2018, 06:42:51 PM
Gore and Kerry both.  I have little doubt in my mind that Kerry had his election stolen in 2004 right here in Ohio, and despite all his posturing about not backing down, he immediately caved anyway.

I'm sorry, but the notion that the exit polls happened to be inaccurate only in Ohio and nowhere else â€" which is what you need to believe in order to accept the "official" 2004 results as being true and accurate â€" is bullshit.  The simple facts are:

• exit polling is not a "guess", it's a well-researched way to measure, within statistical limits, the results of voting; and
  • only one out of every 37 Kerry votes needed to be flipped to a Dubya vote to change the exit poll result to the "official" result; and
  • the CEO of Diebold, HQ'd right here in Ohio and manufacturer of electronic voting machines, had in a rather Orwellian way publicly promised to deliver Ohio for Dubya.
I for one would really prefer for the head of a voting machine manufacturer to publicly promise to deliver accurate results without regard to who they personally support.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan