News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

At least one Republican won't put up with the BS coming out of the Republican party anymore:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gop-donor-les-wexner-announces-departure-from-republican-party-after-obama-visit_us_5b9d455ae4b046313fbbbdf1

QuoteOhio billionaire and longtime Republican donor Les Wexner says he is officially done with the party, and was prompted to leave after former President Barack Obama visited the state.

Wexner, the CEO of retail conglomerate L Brands, which owns Victoria’s Secret and Bath & Body Works, announced at a leadership summit in Columbus on Thursday that he “won’t support this nonsense in the Republican Party” anymore,

I really hope this will set a long-term trend.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

God Not Found

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 16, 2018, 07:36:51 PM
At least one Republican won't put up with the BS coming out of the Republican party anymore:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gop-donor-les-wexner-announces-departure-from-republican-party-after-obama-visit_us_5b9d455ae4b046313fbbbdf1

I really hope this will set a long-term trend.
That tremor your seismographs just picked up was my jaw hitting the floor.  Lex... er Les Luthor... dammit!  Wexner has bailed on the Repubs?  Wow.  Just... wow.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Mr Hedges ... don't hedge your bets?  Financially, the craziness can continue longer than you can protect your assets.  Te financial craziness is driven by the political craziness.

Burn down the American empire?  Well ... only a true pyro would burn down his own house, while he was still in it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on September 16, 2018, 08:27:46 PM
That tremor your seismographs just picked up was my jaw hitting the floor.  Lex... er Les Luthor... dammit!  Wexner has bailed on the Repubs?  Wow.  Just... wow.

Every week, there seem to be more and more Republicans leaving the party and/or abandoning Trump.  I consider this a decent action of the "better" people understanding the inanity and craziness of the Trumpians.

Nixon was forced to resign due to factual crimes.  Trumpians will be charged one at a time for sheer meanness, corruption, and idiocy. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Why feel reassured by Mike Pence supporters?  With him as President, everyone here will be in a FEMA camp, run by Christians.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Yeah we can't win, even if we win. Damned if we do, and damned if we don't.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 19, 2018, 01:50:53 PM

Well, technically, we are not "damned" either way.  And neither are Christians, for that matter.  They just don't wake up after death and realize it.  We atheists, on the other hand realize that we are not damned BEFORE we die.

Unbeliever

Well, then, let's just say we're screwed either way. I've been expecting the rise of powerful theocrats for a while, and soon they'll be coming into their own.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 19, 2018, 02:57:15 PM
Well, then, let's just say we're screwed either way. I've been expecting the rise of powerful theocrats for a while, and soon they'll be coming into their own.

Not in the US.  The theists are mostly old and dying off.  TROTW is another problem though. Poverty creates stupidity and stupidity creates religion.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 19, 2018, 01:50:53 PM

Proof of G-d if I ever read one ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

ferdmonger

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 19, 2018, 02:57:15 PM

They've actually been here for awhile.

Swaggart, Falwell, Robertson, and the new breed like Olsteen. 

Different guys that need money. 

Baruch

Quote from: ferdmonger on September 22, 2018, 12:20:57 AM

Billy Graham was the first successful one.  And the Bakkers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: ferdmonger on September 22, 2018, 12:20:57 AM

They are less socially and politically important than they used to be. 

ferdmonger

They are less socially and politically important than they used to be.

Thank god!  (Giant smiley unattached.)