News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on September 08, 2018, 03:00:01 PM
Question.  If you come straight down into a country from outer space, have you really illegally crossed a border?
Prefacing it with the obligatory I Am Not A Lawyer... no, probably not.  National borders do not extend upwards indefinitely, otherwise orbiting a satellite would be a nightmare of diplomatic negotiations.  I think the rule of thumb is that aircraft are subject to national boundaries, but spacecraft are not.  It's probably tucked away somewhere in the Outer Space Treaty.

As a side note, there is a body of opinion that Eisenhower had received intelligence that the Soviets were about to launch Sputnik I, and rather than accelerate the Explorer program to try to beat them to it, he let the Soviets launch first to get a precedent for unrestricted orbital overflight.  After all, once the Russians had orbited Sputnik I and II before Explorer I launched, they couldn't complain about American satellites passing over their territory when there had been no objection from the Americans for Soviet satellites overflying theirs.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on September 12, 2018, 03:40:52 PM
Prefacing it with the obligatory I Am Not A Lawyer... no, probably not.  National borders do not extend upwards indefinitely, otherwise orbiting a satellite would be a nightmare of diplomatic negotiations.  I think the rule of thumb is that aircraft are subject to national boundaries, but spacecraft are not.  It's probably tucked away somewhere in the Outer Space Treaty.

As a side note, there is a body of opinion that Eisenhower had received intelligence that the Soviets were about to launch Sputnik I, and rather than accelerate the Explorer program to try to beat them to it, he let the Soviets launch first to get a precedent for unrestricted orbital overflight.  After all, once the Russians had orbited Sputnik I and II before Explorer I launched, they couldn't complain about American satellites passing over their territory when there had been no objection from the Americans for Soviet satellites overflying theirs.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised.  Politic thinking at the top level is beyond me.  And beyond Eisenhower too, maybe.  But a staff member might have thought of it that way.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

I think the Putin/Trump agenda is the destruction of the economies of the West, with "America first" then Europe. Trump wants to punish the Western banks that stopped loaning him money and reward the Russian banks that did loan him money.
Quote“The federal deficit hit $895 billion in the first 11 months of fiscal 2018, an increase of $222 billion, or 32 percent, over the same period the previous year, according to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

The nonpartisan CBO reported that the central drivers of the increasing deficit were the Republican tax law and the bipartisan agreement to increase spending. As a result, revenue only rose 1 percent, failing to keep up with a 7 percent surge in spending, it added.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k7lIy_qSeQ
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote“Voters haven't embraced the tax overhaul President Donald Trump signed late last year, but one of the main architects of the bill still thinks Democrats made an error in pledging to revisit the law.

"They are running on it and it's a huge mistake because no one wants to go back to the bad old days when the economy was flat, paychecks were flat," Rep. Kevin Brady, a Texas Republican, said in an interview that aired Friday morning on CNBC. He chairs the House Ways and Means Committee, the chamber's tax writing panel.

Republicans have tried to put tax reform back to the forefront in recent days, about two months ahead of midterm elections when they will try to stop Democrats from taking a House majority. Later this month, the House GOP aims to pass a bill that would make individual tax cuts approved last year permanent and would ease rules around retirement accounts, among other proposals.

The tax law, the GOP's signature achievement of this Congress, has failed to catch on with voters the way Republicans hoped. About 37 percent of registered voters approve of the platform, versus roughly 42 percent who disapprove, according to a RealClearPolitics average of polls. Consequently, Republican candidates have not used it heavily in ads across the country, despite the insistence from House Speaker Paul Ryan and other GOP leaders that the measure is working.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HplNzGvfYnU

Just more wealth care for the people who really matter to the GOP.
God Not Found

Shiranu

Remember the days when Trump's handling of Puerto Rico was a "big" issue?

God, the simple times. But at least we can relive those memories...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQDbEDCFG1w

Trump is saying that his handling of Puerto Rico was an absolute success (right after the death toll got bumped up by several thousand, with the majority of those coming from lack of aid to the island in the months following) as well as moving $10,000,000 from hurricane response and relief programs to move to ICE detention centres.

Fucking. Psychopath. If you haven't seen his remarks about 9/11 as well... give them a look. Literally right after 9/11, his first thought was, "Huh, I have the biggest building in Manhattan again! Cool!".
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Wait until censorship goes full on in the US, with Republicans in charge.  Not so good for you or me.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

ferdmonger

I think the Putin/Trump agenda is the destruction of the economies of the West, with "America first" then Europe. Trump wants to punish the Western banks that stopped loaning him money and reward the Russian banks that did loan him money.

Succinctly stated and quite possibly true.

Trump never saw any of these investigations coming to fruition, and we can only hope Mueller sees them through.

Baruch

Quote from: ferdmonger on September 12, 2018, 09:37:30 PM

Succinctly stated and quite possibly true.

Trump never saw any of these investigations coming to fruition, and we can only hope Mueller sees them through.

Mueller works for Satan, same as the rest of them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

ferdmonger

I did not know that.  Thanks.

Shiranu

3000 dead in Puerto Rico.  --> Trump: A tremendous unsung success!

3000 dead on 9/11. --> Trump: Yeah! Now I have the tallest building in downtown Manhattan!

Dude is just a straight-up psychopath.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 14, 2018, 03:58:22 AM
3000 dead in Puerto Rico.  --> Trump: A tremendous unsung success!

3000 dead on 9/11. --> Trump: Yeah! Now I have the tallest building in downtown Manhattan!

Dude is just a straight-up psychopath.

Most Americans are, that is why they voted for two psychopaths.  Could have had Gary Johnson, but no ...

Yes, too bad Trump is trying to equal Shrub's record on Katrina.  Too bad Republicans control the weather ... so you can blame them for that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Shiranu on September 14, 2018, 03:58:22 AM

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-bragged-tallest-building/

According to this, whether he "bragged" or not is a matter of opinion. In my opinion, he was definitely bragging.
God Not Found

Shiranu

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 14, 2018, 05:53:52 PM
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-bragged-tallest-building/

According to this, whether he "bragged" or not is a matter of opinion. In my opinion, he was definitely bragging.

I'll even give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he wasn't bragging... why the fuck would you still bring up your building is now the tallest?

At the absolute least it was a horrible train of thought to say out loud, even if he didn't mean it in the most remotely braggadocio of ways. But you also have to remember he is Trump, who bragged about how "unsung, amazing" his handling of Puerto Rico (that left nearly 3000 people dead) was.

So yeah, he was bragging.

Unbeliever

Yeah, according to Trump those 3000 people did not die - it was the Democrats who inflated the number just to make him look bad.

As if he needs anyone other than himself to make him look bad...
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 14, 2018, 06:03:24 PM
I'll even give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he wasn't bragging... why the fuck would you still bring up your building is now the tallest?

At the absolute least it was a horrible train of thought to say out loud, even if he didn't mean it in the most remotely braggadocio of ways. But you also have to remember he is Trump, who bragged about how "unsung, amazing" his handling of Puerto Rico (that left nearly 3000 people dead) was.

So yeah, he was bragging.

Some of us don't like stereotypical New Yorkers.  Cavebear has definitely turned me off on New England folk.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.