News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 09, 2018, 02:19:34 PM
I keep hoping this Trump will be the last Trump, and if that's the case, the rapture will happen during his tenure:

1Corinthians 15:52

After the rapture the rest of us can get on with having a great future.

Not when you are actually reincarnated as cock-roaches per Hinduism.  Gandhi said not to worry about the HaShoah ... righteous people who are murdered can hope to reincarnate as Hindus.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Flowers for Algernon to add a different twist to your outlook, I will say that I read it too. I found it on the bookshelf at home. My mom said it was a required book for a psychology class she had in school. So I had the question of why this book was in a psychology class in the back of my head from the first page.

be nice if we could give some kind of intel enhancing drug to Trump for the next 3 years. the big dose; not the little one

Trump can and should be impeached for incompetence... maybe they keep him around because they realized he's so dumb they can get him to do anything they want him to do. Well we can hope its not because they are so dumb or loaded up on drugs that they think he is a smart guy
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

SGOS

Quote from: fencerider on June 09, 2018, 10:41:30 PM
Trump can and should be impeached for incompetence... maybe they keep him around because they realized he's so dumb they can get him to do anything they want him to do. Well we can hope its not because they are so dumb or loaded up on drugs that they think he is a smart guy
I know this was partly in jest, but I actually think this is why they keep him around.  They can get him to push through a whole lot of things potentially harmful to the middle class, and if something really backfires to come back at the party, they can blame it on Trump, with the old "buck stopped there" defense.  If something actually works out well, they will all be there to take credit.  In addition, I don't see Trump being the party's undoing.  Republicans have shown amazing resiliency.  Of course they only compete with one other party.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 09, 2018, 10:58:01 PM
I know this was partly in jest, but I actually think this is why they keep him around.  They can get him to push through a whole lot of things potentially harmful to the middle class, and if something really backfires to come back at the party, they can blame it on Trump, with the old "buck stopped there" defense.  If something actually works out well, they will all be there to take credit.  In addition, I don't see Trump being the party's undoing.  Republicans have shown amazing resiliency.  Of course they only compete with one other party.

No real competition ... Bernie bros only kept around for laughs.  There is only the Goldman-Sachs party.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

The real problem is that Trump is dumb, for he is not that.  He is cunning.  He appears dumb on the surface because he does not have the agenda of a typical politician; his major goal is to put money into his pocket and the pockets of those (mainly family) close to him.  Everything is run thu that filter--how will this financially help me.  Hell, even his golf puts money in his pocket since he uses his own courses.  The closest parallel I can think of is a mafia boss.  He is running this country as his 'family'.  He is replacing the bureaucratic structure with is own people and at all levels.  With 2 more years to go,  it will impossible to undo all of those appointments.  He is replacing patriotism with nationalism for a reason.  He loves autocratic dictators and hopes to be one one day.  He is actually so good at what he is doing that his presidency is much worse than I had imagined it would be.  I have a bad feeling about 2020 (he could easily win that) and then what the hell will 2024 look like???
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 10, 2018, 01:14:50 PM
The real problem is that Trump is dumb, for he is not that.  He is cunning.  He appears dumb on the surface because he does not have the agenda of a typical politician; his major goal is to put money into his pocket and the pockets of those (mainly family) close to him.  Everything is run thu that filter--how will this financially help me.  Hell, even his golf puts money in his pocket since he uses his own courses.  The closest parallel I can think of is a mafia boss.  He is running this country as his 'family'.  He is replacing the bureaucratic structure with is own people and at all levels.  With 2 more years to go,  it will impossible to undo all of those appointments.  He is replacing patriotism with nationalism for a reason.  He loves autocratic dictators and hopes to be one one day.  He is actually so good at what he is doing that his presidency is much worse than I had imagined it would be.  I have a bad feeling about 2020 (he could easily win that) and then what the hell will 2024 look like???

Nobody can predict the future.  Not even the ADA election analysis software used by the Hillary campaign.

So yes, by all means, count your chickens before they hatch ... not at all clear about the 2018 electoral cycle, and any Dems elected will be more conservative than those currently in office.  It has never been the plan (of Goldman-Sachs) to have the Dems nominate only Black Muslim gay trans-women for office ... no matter what propagandists claim.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 10, 2018, 01:14:50 PM
I'm hoping that by 2020 "The commander of Cheese" will have screwed things up so badly that the powers that be will have to put a Democrat in the office to clean things up before the next Republican gets in to fuck things up again. It's a game being played with us all, by someone who really doesn't know the rules.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 10, 2018, 05:44:40 PM
I'm hoping that by 2020 "The commander of Cheese" will have screwed things up so badly that the powers that be will have to put a Democrat in the office to clean things up before the next Republican gets in to fuck things up again. It's a game being played with us all, by someone who really doesn't know the rules.
This is how I see it.  He hasn't fucked things up--not in his eyes nor the eyes of his followers.  And he IS playing the game by the rules; his rules.  And he is wildly successful so far.  His bank account is probably much bigger than it was a year ago, but not as big as it will become.  We are really talking at cross purposes when we talk about Trump.  Most news media outlets talk of the 'accepted' rules, guidelines, morals and ethics of the past.  Trump cares nothing about those.  He does not follow them, and has never pretended to.  He isn't now.  Why should he?  He has gotten away with all that he has wanted to and will continue to do so until people start talking to him (and the rest of us) in terms he understands. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 09, 2018, 02:19:34 PM
I keep hoping this Trump will be the last Trump, and if that's the case, the rapture will happen during his tenure:

1Corinthians 15:52

After the rapture the rest of us can get on with having a great future.

Well, when Trump goes, I won't exactly consider it The Rapture, but I might feel a minor secular rapture of general happiness and relief.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 11, 2018, 02:28:18 AM
Well, when Trump goes, I won't exactly consider it The Rapture, but I might feel a minor secular rapture of general happiness and relief.

How I felt when George W left the WH.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Yeah, how wrong I was to think we could never have a president worse than Dubya!

It seems like we have a Russian mole in the WH this time, surely the highest-placed mole in the history of this country.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 11, 2018, 01:39:30 PM
Yeah, how wrong I was to think we could never have a president worse than Dubya!

It seems like we have a Russian mole in the WH this time, surely the highest-placed mole in the history of this country.

When Reagan was elected I thought. "He's an idiot".  When Dubya was elected, I thought "OK THIS dimwit is a real idiot,  Give me Reagan".  When Trump was elected, I wanted Dubya back...

And I'm pretty sure now that I REALLY don't want to know who the next Republican President is whenever it happens. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 11, 2018, 01:39:30 PM

You are underestimating Boris Obama and Natasha Clinton.  The question is who do they work for, who is Fearless Leader?  Soros perhaps?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Yeah, right - got citations?
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 11, 2018, 06:07:48 PM
Yeah, right - got citations?

Uranium One.  Anyone, even Palin who can see Russia from her porch ... are Fifth columnists.  I am happy for Russia however, at least they have a country.  All the US has is the final collapse of democratic corruption (notice small d).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.