News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 11:59:04 AM
I think CNN is a bit conservative but not very rightist.  When I switch from MSNBC, CNN doesn't bother me much.  I am somewhere between them.

I like the hosts of both.  But I'll admit the choice of guests does show a difference.  And I dislike hosts of any persusion who would let a guest finish a sentence.  I just can't watch Chris Matthews on MSNBC at 7 pm because of that.  And Ari "someone" is getting like that too at 6 pm.

Baruch "hid" it well until recently.  He stuck to religion.  Something released his inner John Birch lately.

I think you meant ... talking heads that "won't" let the guest finish their sentence ... are bad.  Been off TV addiction for 12 years now.  I attend TVA religiously ... TV Anonymous.

I have a hidden history in my own family.  I have mentioned some of it.  Sometimes I channel my grandfathers.  My own father was quite moderate in comparison.  Well, now that I got you hooked, I have this used car I think would make you the the cat's meow ... get lots of dates with the pretty young things ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 01:19:50 PM
Missed a few generations there Baruch?

Since 2001 we have been in bipartisan perpetual war.  Rip Van Winkle much?  LBJ is a good target ... such a nice man he was.  I would never talk about Eisenhower like that.  He knew how to kill people properly ... under a Congressional declaration of war.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2017, 01:21:24 PM
I think you meant ... talking heads that "won't" let the guest finish their sentence ... are bad.  Been off TV addiction for 12 years now.  I attend TVA religiously ... TV Anonymous.

I have a hidden history in my own family.  I have mentioned some of it.  Sometimes I channel my grandfathers.  My own father was quite moderate in comparison.  Well, now that I got you hooked, I have this used car I think would make you the the cat's meow ... get lots of dates with the pretty young things ...

Thank you.  Quite correct, I meant "wouldn't".  I have the most awful time completing contractions.  My thoughts are WAY faster than my fingers.  I also can't type "Th" words without going "TH", but I usually catch those. 

You wouldn't believe how much grief the contraction thing has caused me over the years though.  :(
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 04:03:13 AM
See, that's where equivalency fails.  Bill Clinton had weird consensual not-quite-sex with a adult female and the Republicans went crazy about it.

But Trump brags about groping women routinely ("because he can") and intrudes in their dressing rooms and Moore is assaulting a 14 year old girl and they "circle the wagons" to protect them. Both were wrong, but the hypocrisy is amazing.

Hell, they have people in Alabama saying they'll vote for Roy Moore even if the allegations against him are true.  They're so bound up in their political prejudices they'd be willing to send a child molester to the Senate just because there's an 'R' after his name and he says 'JAYZUS!' louder than his opponent.  And then they claim they're the ones with a special pipeline to (their) god.

That said, the polling after the accusations were made public show Moore and Jones roughly at parity, or Moore ahead but only within the margin of error of the poll.  I can't remember the last time a Democrat was competitive in Alabama.  I think it might've been 1978, but I'd genuinely have to google it.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on November 12, 2017, 12:42:05 AM
Hell, they have people in Alabama saying they'll vote for Roy Moore even if the allegations against him are true.  They're so bound up in their political prejudices they'd be willing to send a child molester to the Senate just because there's an 'R' after his name and he says 'JAYZUS!' louder than his opponent.  And then they claim they're the ones with a special pipeline to (their) god.

That said, the polling after the accusations were made public show Moore and Jones roughly at parity, or Moore ahead but only within the margin of error of the poll.  I can't remember the last time a Democrat was competitive in Alabama.  I think it might've been 1978, but I'd genuinely have to google it.
A high placed official in Ala. said something to the effect; Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 12, 2017, 04:45:47 PM
A high placed official in Ala. said something to the effect; Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter.

I kinda figured sex mania wasn't confined to Democrat men ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 12, 2017, 04:45:47 PM
This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me wish the Deep South would secede again.  I sure as shit wouldn't stop them.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on November 12, 2017, 11:39:12 PM
This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me wish the Deep South would secede again.  I sure as shit wouldn't stop them.
Only if they get on a raft first.  These states don't rightly belong to those crazy assholes.

fencerider

Steele and Ungar: Steele made the point They would rather vote for a pedaphile than vote for a Democrat.

Supposedly Mary was 13 and Joseph was 15...

I suppose TVA could be a good thing. Maybe you could pretend that Trump isnt in the White House ;-)

"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on November 13, 2017, 01:06:51 AM
Steele and Ungar: Steele made the point They would rather vote for a pedaphile than vote for a Democrat.

Supposedly Mary was 13 and Joseph was 15...

I suppose TVA could be a good thing. Maybe you could pretend that Trump isnt in the White House ;-)

Doesn't matter who is in the White House, or anywhere else.  Life is meaningless, just ask our resident nihilists.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on November 12, 2017, 11:39:12 PM

New England puritans wanted to secede first ... good riddance?  The original PC was from Boston, and prudery too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

retreat to Catalina Island.... those rafts wont be able to cross the current ;-)
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on November 12, 2017, 12:42:05 AM

When Republicans in any place say they would rather have a Republican Senator who is a pedophile than a Democratic Senator who is generally conservative and qualified . that is a very bad situation. 

Ans let me say this...  I don't think a conservative Democratic Senator from Alabama is going to be any solid vote for Democrats in the Senate.  Conservative is still conservative.  But it would be hard to find anyone crazier and less ethical than Roy Moore.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on November 15, 2017, 12:28:55 AM
retreat to Catalina Island.... those rafts wont be able to cross the current ;-)

Been there, done that ... 1968.  But went on the tourist boat.  Wasn't so poor I needed a raft.  Catalina was owned by the chewing gum conspiracy, and they did illegal gambling there, back in the day, before Las Vegas.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 15, 2017, 01:57:12 AM
When Republicans in any place say they would rather have a Republican Senator who is a pedophile than a Democratic Senator who is generally conservative and qualified . that is a very bad situation. 

Ans let me say this...  I don't think a conservative Democratic Senator from Alabama is going to be any solid vote for Democrats in the Senate.  Conservative is still conservative.  But it would be hard to find anyone crazier and less ethical than Roy Moore.

Republicans/former Southern Democats .. really want you down on the plantation picking cotton.  They have had enough of the Copperheads too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.