Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 08, 2017, 10:40:42 PM
We all have bad days.

But some of us have reasons,  My TV blinked off, the car timing belt needs to be replaced, and I burned my mouth on a home-made pizza. 

What is your "bad day"?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 08, 2017, 11:06:29 PM
But some of us have reasons,  My TV blinked off, the car timing belt needs to be replaced, and I burned my mouth on a home-made pizza. 

What is your "bad day"?

That is a pretty bad day.  Hope you can fix your pizza eating timing, find your belt to hold your pants up, and learn to live without the idiot box.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 09, 2017, 10:30:51 AM
That is a pretty bad day.  Hope you can fix your pizza eating timing, find your belt to hold your pants up, and learn to live without the idiot box.

I'm a suspender guy.  My car is a timing belt type of mechanism.  And I use the "idiot box" mostly to watch science, nature, and history DVDs.  Congrats, another 0 for 3 try...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 02:13:04 AM
I'm a suspender guy.  My car is a timing belt type of mechanism.  And I use the "idiot box" mostly to watch science, nature, and history DVDs.  Congrats, another 0 for 3 try...

Takes an idiot to know an idiot box ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 11, 2017, 07:14:01 AM
Takes an idiot to know an idiot box ;-)

If watching science, nature, and history DVDs on the "idiot box" makes me an idiot, I will stand tall and proud.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 02:17:17 PM
If watching science, nature, and history DVDs on the "idiot box" makes me an idiot, I will stand tall and proud.

You are using a technology ... not TV.  TV is for vidiots.  They only put good stuff on, because it won't fit on Youtube.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cocoa Beware

Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 02, 2017, 11:59:36 AM
Dude, any president from the 80's and earlier would be hated even more than Trump if they were president today. It's not that the current POTUS is the worst - it's that the current political climate is more sensitive to bigotry (perceived or real) than ever before. But as far as policies and public image go, Trump is far more progressive than politicians were 30 years ago.

I would say he is not yet the worst SCROTUS of all time, but it's only been a few months.

What I will say is that if he was able to get one or two of the things he wanted, for example:

A repeal of the ACA with no real replacement
An unencumbered agenda to silence dissent, the media in particular
A fetish for nuclear proliferation
A fetish to make NK and perhaps a few more places uninhabitable
An unencumbered agenda to kick people out of the country

Then not only would he be the worst President in history, he could be in the running for the most terrible leader of all time in any context.

fencerider

Quote from: trdsf on October 04, 2017, 11:51:04 AM
'high crimes and misdemeanors' is the bar set by the Constitution
well I had to go read the Constitution again. You had me thinkng I slipped into an alternate universe... The Constitution makes it a requirement to impeach for treason, bribery, or high crimes. (In other words there are a lot of things that Congress can choose to let somone get away with, but they can’t overlook these particular things) No where does the Constitution say that these are the only reasons to impeach an elected official.

Mueller investigation: something makes me think Mueller is trying to lock Trump up for 100 years. Hey Mueller you only need to get 10 years. He is already an old fart.

I like that term assholitude :-D
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on October 17, 2017, 04:55:00 AM
well I had to go read the Constitution again. You had me thinkng I slipped into an alternate universe... The Constitution makes it a requirement to impeach for treason, bribery, or high crimes. (In other words there are a lot of things that Congress can choose to let somone get away with, but they can’t overlook these particular things) No where does the Constitution say that these are the only reasons to impeach an elected official.

Mueller investigation: something makes me think Mueller is trying to lock Trump up for 100 years. Hey Mueller you only need to get 10 years. He is already an old fart.

One of the key aspects of governance is ... selective enforcement.  Particularly if an agency is its own reviewer.  This is hard to avoid with Congress.  Don't ask me ... I would impeach all of them, not just the one's I voted for, but definitely all those I didn't vote for.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: fencerider on October 17, 2017, 04:55:00 AM

You're right, I had forgotten treason and bribery.  But I don't think either of those are likely charges.

I don't mind Mueller going for a 100 year sentence -- if he has enough for a sentence like that, then at least *some* of it will stick.  And we only really need one charge for a successful impeachment.  Alternately, if he has enough for a sentence like that then perhaps, as in 1974, the GOP will realize continued support is untenable and at the very least not stand in the way.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on October 17, 2017, 09:36:11 AM
You're right, I had forgotten treason and bribery.  But I don't think either of those are likely charges.

I don't mind Mueller going for a 100 year sentence -- if he has enough for a sentence like that, then at least *some* of it will stick.  And we only really need one charge for a successful impeachment.  Alternately, if he has enough for a sentence like that then perhaps, as in 1974, the GOP will realize continued support is untenable and at the very least not stand in the way.

More stuff came out today, on the Russian uranium deal, that the FBI sat on, involving OK by Obama, massive bribery by Russian interests, and a giant bribe to the Clinton Foundation.  Yes, only Republicans are evil ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 11, 2017, 08:08:12 PM
You are using a technology ... not TV.  TV is for vidiots.  They only put good stuff on, because it won't fit on Youtube.

Wow, talk about misunderstanding!  You should see the 2 shelves of my Science/Nature/History DVDs. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 18, 2017, 02:03:51 AM
Wow, talk about misunderstanding!  You should see the 2 shelves of my Science/Nature/History DVDs.

You probably still have a VCR ... stone tablet much? ;-)  You are supposed to stream everything now, so that NSA can watch you as you watch it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 18, 2017, 07:14:00 AM
You probably still have a VCR ... stone tablet much? ;-)  You are supposed to stream everything now, so that NSA can watch you as you watch it.

I have a VCR.  Its the only way I can watch the original Disney Fantasia.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 18, 2017, 09:57:47 AM
I have a VCR.  Its the only way I can watch the original Disney Fantasia.

But ... but ... you like boring literal facts, and hate all fiction and art, right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.