News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

I'll just mark this under Trump, since it ties into his strong armed tactics...

In El Paso, ICE and Border Patrol have been gathering around polling centres to try and intimidate Hispanics from voting.

I have heard it said the U.N. needs to start getting involved and overseeing our elections, and I agree with that whole-heartedly. We also just recently had some issues with our machines changing votes, which hurt both sides.

Elections are a fucking joke; hundreds of thousands of people being purged (they just coincidently are overwhelmingly minorities), untrustworthy machines, the person with less votes winning... I voted this year, and have in every election I could, but it's reaching the point where even I question if voting actually matters. It seems like if it still does, they are finding any way they can to make sure it doesn't.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

The powers that be have gotten very tired of having to bow to the voters of this country, and would like nothing better than to do away with voting completely. They may soon get their way.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 06, 2018, 01:18:15 PM
Today will be the day the US of A will cement it's claim to the stupidest people in the world.  To be clear.  The dems will win more seats, but the repubs will retain control of both houses--throw in the presidency and the supreme court and the agents of the 1% and the religious will have free reign over what is left of the govt.

Try not to have a fit over things you can't control.  You aren't the commissar in charge of one party elections ... yet.  But you could do worse than my precinct if someone would just make you dictator ...

As I IMed before ... some precincts allow early voting, with proper ID vetting of voters vs voter rolls (not many get past that).  Just having a drivers license isn't enough to vote, you have to register weeks before.  Properly made ballots, with proper tabulation.  But the majority of precincts in the US suck, as do most of the states and counties, apparently.  Local politics at its best.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 06, 2018, 04:25:01 PM
The powers that be have gotten very tired of having to bow to the voters of this country, and would like nothing better than to do away with voting completely. They may soon get their way.

I would second that.  Then get rid of the American people, replace them with 100 million or so hard working Chinese.  Send all the existing Americans to Venezuela.  Once you have a Chinese America, with one party under Xi ... you can revive proper voting ;-)

I have to wonder what kind of voting Shiranu is complaining about.  Letting people with no valid ID vote?  Letting people not registered vote?  I could hope not.  As posted above, there have been solutions for this, from before 2000.  Meanwhile the D party has been accused in Georgia of fixing things ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on November 06, 2018, 07:36:51 PM
Try not to have a fit over things you can't control. 
This coming off your keyboard??? :))))  Okay...............................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 06, 2018, 07:44:57 PM
This coming off your keyboard??? :))))  Okay...............................

I merely act as the walls for this echo chamber ... most of you like Blue Meanies, allergic to music.  Nowhere man to the rescue!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on November 06, 2018, 07:38:15 PM
Meanwhile the D party has been accused in Georgia of fixing things ...
Of course - the GOP always accuses its opponents (sans evidence) of doing exactly what it is already doing.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 06, 2018, 08:15:24 PM
Of course - the GOP always accuses its opponents (sans evidence) of doing exactly what it is already doing.

If both do it, ban both parties.  As an Independent I would love to end y'alls reign of terror.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

James51

Trump must be crapping himself after the election. 2nd term looking less and less likely... Thankfully!

Munch

Quote from: James51 on November 07, 2018, 03:52:52 AM
Trump must be crapping himself after the election. 2nd term looking less and less likely... Thankfully!

Or it just means he's going to try and create an image of himself that will get more votes, while working out some more rigged systems behind the public image, now knowing the threat of losing
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on November 07, 2018, 04:55:59 AM
Or it just means he's going to try and create an image of himself that will get more votes, while working out some more rigged systems behind the public image, now knowing the threat of losing

Trump had, and still has plenty of Rs who don't support him.  We need JEB, we need JEB!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

What's a Jeb, sounds like something you put on a horse
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

May be, he'll go with something like 'I wasn't impeached! See, I am totally awsome!' 

And dat's a lot of gals, dems. Good job. Puhahahah. :)
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

I was wrong about the midterm.  I did not really think the dems would take the house.  Happy to be wrong in this instance.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 07, 2018, 08:42:50 AM
I was wrong about the midterm.  I did not really think the dems would take the house.  Happy to be wrong in this instance.

Right? So was I. I woke up at 7 smt in the morning, and found my phone in the dark to check,lol. I couldn't wait to turn on the comp. And shouted at mom from bed. :) We got up and watched the news.

It affected my whole day to be honest. I went out and made some shopping, which I needed but I couldn't find it in me for a few days now. Walked around, ate American fast food to celebrate. :p   
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp