News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 14, 2018, 06:03:24 PM
I'll even give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he wasn't bragging... why the fuck would you still bring up your building is now the tallest?

At the absolute least it was a horrible train of thought to say out loud, even if he didn't mean it in the most remotely braggadocio of ways. But you also have to remember he is Trump, who bragged about how "unsung, amazing" his handling of Puerto Rico (that left nearly 3000 people dead) was.

So yeah, he was bragging.

What condition did Obama leave FEMA in?  Consider that also.

"The hurricane caused close to $62 billion in damage in the United States and at least $315 million in the Caribbean. Hurricane Sandy is the nation's most expensive storm since Hurricane Katrina, which caused $128 billion in damage. New York was most severely impacted due to damage to subways and roadway tunnels."

So is Obama personally responsible for not doing more to minimize the damage caused by Sandy?  After all ... Shrub is personally responsible for Katrina.  Darn those HAARP folks!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 12, 2018, 08:01:14 PM
I think the Putin/Trump agenda is the destruction of the economies of the West, with "America first" then Europe. Trump wants to punish the Western banks that stopped loaning him money and reward the Russian banks that did loan him money.

That is entirely possible, though not proven.  But my bet is that Trump is a bit vengeful.  He does seem to focus on "those who did him wrong" in his mind.

Well, allow me to expand on that idea.  Trump is likely to be proven eventually to either be in the pocket of the Russians OR gladly willing to go along with them in their desires because he like authoritarian leaders.  Neither is in the service of the US.

That does not bother Trump.  Democracy, and the defense of democracy, is not his goal.  His goal is power, wealth, and control.  If enough people understand that in 7 weeks from now, his ability to control (but not his ability to destroy) will be diminished and history will conclude that the American People narrowly escaped a dictator.  But his ability to destroy will still be functional.

We will need to deal with that after the mid-term elections.  No one who is as basically insane as Trump can be allowed to continue to damage our international relationships and our internal politics for long. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Politicians are rarely charitable.  Evidence?  Nixon.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on September 14, 2018, 11:40:50 PM
That is entirely possible, though not proven.  But my bet is that Trump is a bit vengeful.  He does seem to focus on "those who did him wrong" in his mind.

Well, allow me to expand on that idea.  Trump is likely to be proven eventually to either be in the pocket of the Russians OR gladly willing to go along with them in their desires because he like authoritarian leaders.  Neither is in the service of the US.

That does not bother Trump.  Democracy, and the defense of democracy, is not his goal.  His goal is power, wealth, and control.  If enough people understand that in 7 weeks from now, his ability to control (but not his ability to destroy) will be diminished and history will conclude that the American People narrowly escaped a dictator.  But his ability to destroy will still be functional.

We will need to deal with that after the mid-term elections.  No one who is as basically insane as Trump can be allowed to continue to damage our international relationships and our internal politics for long. 
And the more desperate he becomes, the more dangerous he'll be, to both the U.S.A and the world. And all I can do is watch helplessly, like someone who knows a huge meteor is heading straight for the planet,  but can do nothing to stop it.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 15, 2018, 02:09:41 PM
And the more desperate he becomes, the more dangerous he'll be, to both the U.S.A and the world. And all I can do is watch helplessly, like someone who knows a huge meteor is heading straight for the planet,  but can do nothing to stop it.

I keep thinking "November 6th, November 6th, November 6th"...

Failing that, Mueller...

Failing that "Jurrasic Park Attacks The White House"?

Unbeliever

Even after November the new term won't start until January, and after that he'll still have lots of time in the office to destroy stuff, since, even if the Dems win both the House and Senate, it'll take a long time to actually get him out.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 15, 2018, 03:00:08 PM
Even after November the new term won't start until January, and after that he'll still have lots of time in the office to destroy stuff, since, even if the Dems win both the House and Senate, it'll take a long time to actually get him out.

Yes, of course, November 6th is just the start.  But I expect that some Repubs will grow a spine if they survive "The Blue Wave"...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 15, 2018, 02:37:27 PM
I keep thinking "November 6th, November 6th, November 6th"...

Failing that, Mueller...

Failing that "Jurrasic Park Attacks The White House"?

That last remark ... could happen.  Velociraptors, like sharks, will grant lawyers (most politicians) professional courtesies ;-)  Trump not being a lawyer, will get eaten.  Obama not.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 15, 2018, 03:00:08 PM

Burn the whole thing down.  I am counting Putin and Xi to end this ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Unbeliever

Will being impeached actually help Trump in 2020? Only if he remains in office:

QuoteAccording to new reports, Donald Trump is reportedly telling those closest to him that getting impeached may actually help his chances of winning reelection in 2020. Obviously the President doesn’t understand what kind of trouble he could actually be in if calls for impeachment continue to grow louder because he’s ignoring the fact that he’d likely be ineligible to run for President again if it happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6zRfyr5v4Q
God Not Found

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on September 15, 2018, 03:02:58 PM
Yes, of course, November 6th is just the start.  But I expect that some Repubs will grow a spine if they survive "The Blue Wave"...
I don't.  They'll just feel emboldened if they survive it.  The only way to break them is to crush them electorally.  It's like the idiot who just barely won the 12th district special election last month -- he had a lead of 1500 votes (in a district designed to be a safe R seat) with about 8500 absentee and provisional ballots outstanding, and he kept demanding the Democratic candidate concede.  Which command of mathematics explains why Republicans seem to think that they can cut taxes on everyone except the people who need tax relief, spend like no tomorrow on the military, and balance the budget.

At the very least, a 'tax and spend' Democrat has the decency to go about raising the money before spending it, as opposed to a 'borrow and mortgage my children and grandchildren for my own personal gain' Republican.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Mostly true.  But no Republican has been serious about balancing any budget since at least Reagan.  And the "Republican" Bill Clinton came closest to balancing the budget.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 15, 2018, 05:12:37 PM
Will being impeached actually help Trump in 2020? Only if he remains in office:
According to new reports, Donald Trump is reportedly telling those closest to him that getting impeached may actually help his chances of winning reelection in 2020. Obviously the President doesn’t understand what kind of trouble he could actually be in if calls for impeachment continue to grow louder because he’s ignoring the fact that he’d likely be ineligible to run for President again if it happens
That's an interesting question.  The Constitution doesn't explicitly bar an impeached and convicted President from running and getting elected again, although the Senate may add a ban on future federal-level service if they convict.  When District Court Judge Alcee Hastings was convicted by the Senate in 1989, they didn't bar him from future Federal office, and four years later Hastings was elected to Congress, where he still serves today.

'Nother little object lesson here â€" Hastings, a Democrat, was impeached by a Democratic-controlled House (by a vote of 413-3) and convicted by a Democratic-controlled Senate on eight of eleven charges they voted on (a further six were dispensed with as being unnecessary as Hastings had already been convicted).

Republicans, on the other hand, simply don't care what crimes their fellow Republicans commit â€" one cannot with any honesty claim that any Democratic President who had done a tenth of the things the Orange Disaster Area has wouldn't already be the subject of an impeachment investigation, and probably already impeached in the House and sent on to the Senate for action.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

So that is why the D party didn't impeach LBJ, Carter, Clinton, Obama?  They are all guilty of war crimes.  Though Carter is only guilty of being afraid of rabbits.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.