News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 06, 2018, 03:16:46 PM
I'm looking forward to Trump's meltdown over this. I wonder just how desperate he's becoming. His tweets should be fun to read for a change!

Nothing interesting yet :(.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

trdsf

Quote from: Shiranu on September 06, 2018, 09:06:09 PM
Nothing interesting yet :(.
Oh, I don't know.  As far as I can recall, this is the first time he's explicitly referred to reporting and opinion as "TREASON?" rather than railing about "fake news", "lying reports" and other Trumpisms for "You bastard, how did you find that out?"

Now, treason is a crime defined in the Constitution and not a word to be thrown about lightly, since it is also a capital crime.  So I think it does represent a raising of the stakes in his ongoing war with the media.  And his most committed followers are listening.  I fear it’s only a matter of time â€" and not very much time â€" before there’s real violence by his wanna-be brownshirts.  I fear there will be a shooting or bombing at a polling place this November, or a Democratic campaign rally this fall, or an attack on a newspaper or television station.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 06, 2018, 03:16:46 PM
I'm looking forward to Trump's meltdown over this. I wonder just how desperate he's becoming. His tweets should be fun to read for a change!
Remember when we used to look to the Presidency for leadership?

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 07, 2018, 09:54:15 AM

JFK was a demi-god, when I was little.  Then the CIA/FBI killed him.  Damn atheists ;-)

Sorry, I have seen no leadership since JFK.  Wonder why?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on September 07, 2018, 09:09:39 AM
Oh, I don't know.  As far as I can recall, this is the first time he's explicitly referred to reporting and opinion as "TREASON?" rather than railing about "fake news", "lying reports" and other Trumpisms for "You bastard, how did you find that out?"

Now, treason is a crime defined in the Constitution and not a word to be thrown about lightly, since it is also a capital crime.  So I think it does represent a raising of the stakes in his ongoing war with the media.  And his most committed followers are listening.  I fear it’s only a matter of time â€" and not very much time â€" before there’s real violence by his wanna-be brownshirts.  I fear there will be a shooting or bombing at a polling place this November, or a Democratic campaign rally this fall, or an attack on a newspaper or television station.

So, leakers and fifth-columnists are good then?  Next Democrat President should have lots of fun.  Or did that already happen?  Why was Obama so impotent?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: trdsf on September 07, 2018, 09:09:39 AM

Yeah, so far they've just been muddying the water, but soon I'm afraid they'll start bloodying the water...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

What can the courts do if Trump just ignores their decisions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kal1sFQi5bA

“John Marshall has made his decision; now let him enforce it.” Andrew Jackson

Remembering the Time Andrew Jackson Decided to Ignore the Supreme Court In the Name of Georgia’s Right to Cherokee Land
God Not Found

trdsf

One other thing about this anonymous op-ed bothers me: the writer had to know that the Disaster-in-Chief would blow a gasket over it and make their self-proclaimed "resistance" even harder to carry out.  It's self-defeating at a minimum.  Most likely it's going to make an out-of-control, paranoid man even more out-of-control and paranoid, and make trying to mitigate the damage he's doing even more difficult.

Part of me wonders if this is something put out by a loyalist who's seeing the Orange Disaster Area undermined by his own staff and knows this is going to make that more difficult.  I wonder if there are any Bannon/Breitbart people remaining in the White House -- this would not only strengthen their hand by making it harder to interfere with their extremist agenda, but it's just the sort of false flag operation I think they're capable of.

The other part wonders if the writer is deliberately trying to push the Orange One over the edge entirely and force the Cabinet's hand with regard to Section 4 of the 25th Amendment.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Hell, we may never know what's really going on. I've wondered whether Trump's people didn't put this out to give him an excuse for a general purge of WH staff, so he could hire people more loyal to him. It's just about impossible to second-guess these masters of manipulation.
God Not Found

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on September 07, 2018, 03:45:30 PMPart of me wonders if this is something put out by a loyalist who's seeing the Orange Disaster Area undermined by his own staff and knows this is going to make that more difficult.  I wonder if there are any Bannon/Breitbart people remaining in the White House -- this would not only strengthen their hand by making it harder to interfere with their extremist agenda, but it's just the sort of false flag operation I think they're capable of.

The other part wonders if the writer is deliberately trying to push the Orange One over the edge entirely and force the Cabinet's hand with regard to Section 4 of the 25th Amendment.
The whole thing reminds me a lot of Town of Salem (a Mafia-style game where there are two factions, each person's true allegiance is hidden to others, and they set up executions each day, usually with members of one group working together to systematically eliminate all members of the other group)

Come to think of it, the Trump administration has as much ex-members as any of Town of Salem, as well as a penchant for purging their ranks in a sort of faction warfare.

I'm deeply troubled by how well this analogy fits.

Unbeliever

I'm sure glad other people watch FOX News, so I don't have to:

Sean Hannity Guest Claims Donald Trump Is the ‘Most Sound-Minded’ President Everâ€"And Science Proves It

I'm sure Trump's fan-base believes this with all their pea-pickin' little hearts.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 07, 2018, 01:34:20 PM
Yeah, so far they've just been muddying the water, but soon I'm afraid they'll start bloodying the water...

Blood is good.  Then we can see if Ds are real people or zombies ;-)  Oh, it is your people, Antifa ... who took first blood already.  Payed by Soros.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 07, 2018, 09:54:15 AM

Yeah, like when Obama was President.  Srsly
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 07, 2018, 03:18:44 PM
What can the courts do if Trump just ignores their decisions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kal1sFQi5bA

“John Marshall has made his decision; now let him enforce it.” Andrew Jackson

Remembering the Time Andrew Jackson Decided to Ignore the Supreme Court In the Name of Georgia’s Right to Cherokee Land

I remember reading that quote in history classes.  Today, it would take a DC police action if the White House security team resisted.   Maybe Army.  A more interesting question is whether the Cabinet and/or staff would push him out the front door...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 08, 2018, 03:31:01 AM
Yeah, like when Obama was President.  Srsly

He was a great disappointment.  And then he has behaved badly after leaving office.  I know Africans and African-Americans at work, that I respect more.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.