News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

Quote from: Baruch on October 17, 2017, 01:07:09 PM
More stuff came out today, on the Russian uranium deal, that the FBI sat on, involving OK by Obama, massive bribery by Russian interests, and a giant bribe to the Clinton Foundation.  Yes, only Republicans are evil ;-)
I was day dreaming while driving. On wed or thurs Steel and Ungar on the XM had some expert on on the subject. I want to try to get the podcast because the Uranium deal with Russia was as bad as it gets. Apparently all locked up in contracts that can not be changed... I’m glad I didnt vote for Hillary either. (thats right boys and girls, I didnt vote for Trump or Hillary. I voted against them both.)

Selling our uranium to Russia is as stupid as Obama giving fighter aircraft to Egypt after the government we made a deal with was overthrown by military coup
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on October 22, 2017, 04:11:33 AM
I was day dreaming while driving. On wed or thurs Steel and Ungar on the XM had some expert on on the subject. I want to try to get the podcast because the Uranium deal with Russia was as bad as it gets. Apparently all locked up in contracts that can not be changed... I’m glad I didnt vote for Hillary either. (thats right boys and girls, I didnt vote for Trump or Hillary. I voted against them both.)

Selling our uranium to Russia is as stupid as Obama giving fighter aircraft to Egypt after the government we made a deal with was overthrown by military coup

Contracts are inviolate (but citizenship isn't).  How convenient is that?  See Cyprus, Greece and Catalonia.  I am starting to like the French/Russian revolution more.

But ... but ... everything is proven if a R-thug does it, but if a D-thug does it, then if you weren't in the room when Obama and Hillary and Putin cut their palms and made a blood oath ... then it is fake news.  Corruption isn't partisan.  Using partisanship to cock-block law enforcement is ... suicidal.  If we refuse to enforce laws ... then passing more laws won't help (same problem with legalized prostitution ... that we assume that regulations will be enforced).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 18, 2017, 07:09:19 PM
But ... but ... you like boring literal facts, and hate all fiction and art, right?

I live by facts.  But I can also indulge in the "willing suspension of disbelief" for some entertainment.  WHEN I choose AND recognizing I am doing it.  Understanding the factual world does not mean that fiction is not a part of the realm of the mind.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 23, 2017, 03:22:11 AM
I live by facts.  But I can also indulge in the "willing suspension of disbelief" for some entertainment.  WHEN I choose AND recognizing I am doing it.  Understanding the factual world does not mean that fiction is not a part of the realm of the mind.

Glad you clarified that.  Now about this delusion about being a bear ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 23, 2017, 11:04:33 PM
Glad you clarified that.  Now about this delusion about being a bear ...

The cavebear symbolism suits me.  Slow to rouse and quick to anger.  Hits hard.  Want to discuss the symbolism of "baruch"?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 27, 2017, 03:31:22 AM
The cavebear symbolism suits me.  Slow to rouse and quick to anger.  Hits hard.  Want to discuss the symbolism of "baruch"?

First modern man, first modern Jew ... not an animal.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 27, 2017, 01:43:46 PM
First modern man, first modern Jew ... not an animal.

I didn't realize "baruch" was nearly 200,000 years old!  Or that jews went back so far too.  Must have awkward when the hunters roasted a pig....  Salad in the cave for one?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 27, 2017, 02:06:59 PM
I didn't realize "baruch" was nearly 200,000 years old!  Or that jews went back so far too.  Must have awkward when the hunters roasted a pig....  Salad in the cave for one?

If a pre-Cro-Magnon is modern to you, then your iPhone must be way ... out of date ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 28, 2017, 04:32:49 AM
If a pre-Cro-Magnon is modern to you, then your iPhone must be way ... out of date ;-)

I have a simple cordless phone with NoMoRoBo, and it works just fine for me, thank you very much.  Unless I am expecting a call from a contractor, all the other calls are just junk to be deleted daily.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 31, 2017, 12:58:47 AM
I have a simple cordless phone with NoMoRoBo, and it works just fine for me, thank you very much.  Unless I am expecting a call from a contractor, all the other calls are just junk to be deleted daily.

I screen calls too.  Simple enough even a cave man can do it (posting this from my man cave).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 31, 2017, 07:00:58 AM
I screen calls too.  Simple enough even a cave man can do it (posting this from my man cave).

How many calls per day do you answer?  I am nearing 0.1.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 31, 2017, 08:46:50 AM
How many calls per day do you answer?  I am nearing 0.1.

Not counting work calls, and texts, I am about where you are.  I keep a land line just as a honey pot for salesmen, pollsters and bill collectors.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

I dont answer numbers I dont know. But afterwards I try to call back to see what happens. If I call back and its D/C I know its a scam artist. If I call back and its some business I dont know I assume its a telemarketer. Either way I save the number and then block it. Makes it nice and quiet. After the first time they call, they may call again, but the phone doesnt ring anymore. :-D

I got a simple system for saving the numbers

scammer 1
scammer 2

telemarketer 1
telemarketer 2

my old phone had 33 telemarketer numbers. before the smart phone let me block the numbers, I just looked at the name on the screen and said I aint answering **-*
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Sylar

Quote from: fencerider on October 22, 2017, 04:11:33 AM

You strike me as liberal-leaning (at least that's what I garnered from your posts -- do correct me if I'm wrong). Did you really think the best time to make a principled stand was during the same election year we had a vacancy in the Supreme Court (which was prevented from being filled by GOP for a year), and potentially even more should Kennedy or another justice resign? Anyways, it's the past now.

Quote from: fencerider on October 22, 2017, 04:11:33 AMSelling our uranium to Russia is as stupid as Obama giving fighter aircraft to Egypt after the government we made a deal with was overthrown by military coup

This needs to be addressed because it's bullshit:

QuoteThe claim that Clinton gave 20 percent of America’s uranium to Russia is incorrect and clearly misleading. Trump is referring to Russia’s nuclear power agency purchasing a majority stake in a Toronto-based energy company between 2009 and 2013. The company had mines and land in a number of US states with huge uranium production capacity â€" a move the US State Department signed off on. But PolitiFact did a thorough fact-check of the claim last year when Trump first made it on the campaign trail, and found the following faults with it:

1. The mines, mills, and land the company holds in the US account for 20 percent of the US’s uranium production capacity, not actual produced uranium.

2. The State Department was one of nine federal agencies and a number of additional independent federal and state regulators that signed off on the deal.

3. President Obama, not Secretary Clinton, was the only person who could’ve vetoed the deal.

4. Since Russia doesn’t have the legal right to export uranium out of the US, its main goal was likely to gain access to the company’s uranium assets in Kazakhstan.

5. Crucially, the main national security concern was not about nuclear weapons proliferation, as Trump suggests, but actually ensuring the US doesn’t have to depend too much on uranium sources from abroad, as the US only makes about 20 percent of the uranium it needs. An advantage in making nuclear weapons wasn’t the main issue because, as PolitiFact notes, “the United States and Russia had for years cooperated on that front, with Russia sending enriched fuel from decommissioned warheads to be used in American nuclear power plants in return for raw uranium.”
https://www.vox.com/world/2017/2/17/14649980/trump-clinton-russia-uranium

Secretary of State or any member of CFIUS cannot veto the transaction:
"Only the President has the authority to suspend or prohibit a covered transaction" (top of 74569)
https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/international/foreign-investment/Documents/CFIUSGuidance.pdf

No uranium ever left the US, nor can it ever leave, according to a statement by Nuclear Regulatory Commission:

QuoteNRC’s review of the transfer of control request determined that the U.S. subsidiaries will remain the licensees, will remain qualified to conduct the uranium recovery operations, and will continue to have the equipment, facilities, and procedures necessary to protect public health and safety and to minimize danger to life or property. The review also determined that the licensees will maintain adequate financial surety for eventual decommissioning of the sites. Neither Uranium One nor ARMZ holds an NRC export license, so no uranium produced at either facility may be exported.

Also, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP04_TVbW8k

The deal was done on the up and up, requiring multi-agency review and approval. No criminal conspiracy whatsoever. Just standard policy practiced out in the open; it's your right to disagree with this policy, of course.

Now, question to you and others: Any fact-based argument as to why the transaction should have been stopped? I have yet to hear/read a convincing argument in answer to this question.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Baruch

If the Narrative is ... Russia is Evil ... then the DNC etc is Russian agents.

Meanwhile, if we are selling the US to the Chinese Communist Party already, why not sell the crumbs to Putin?  The Americans are slaves.  Get back to picking that cotton, you DNC troll ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.