News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on July 10, 2020, 01:14:12 PM
""Our Children Should Be Educated, Not Indoctrinated" - Trump Threatens Tax-Exempt Status Of Leftist-Biased Colleges"

When parents approve of the curriculum it's "education" and when they disapprove it's "indoctrination."

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 10, 2020, 02:01:36 PM
When parents approve of the curriculum it's "education" and when they disapprove it's "indoctrination."

Kill all parents!  Children's Crusade (last one worked out so well in the Middle Ages, origin of Pied Piper story).

My Ex is a teacher.  I have taught adults.  Don't overvalue the teachers, or the students ;-)

"FBI Man At The Heart Of Surveillance Abuses Is A Professor Of Spying Ethics" ... reviewed and failed with pre-election 2016 witch hunt.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Conservative Christians who set aside the tenets of their faith to support Donald Trump are now left with little to show for it

Quote“An employer who fires an individual merely for being gay or transgender defies the law,” Gorsuch wrote for the majority in the 6â€"3 ruling.

It was a crushing blow for the religious right, and it must have dawned on more than a few of Trump’s evangelical supporters that if Hillary Clinton had won the presidency, the outcome of the case would have been the same; the only difference is that the margin probably would have been 7â€"2.

Quote“The GOP gives social conservatives little or nothing legislatively, and hasn’t for a very long time,” the conservative blogger Rod Dreher told Vox’s Jane Coaston. “True, they have blocked some bad things over the years. That’s not nothing. But I think we’ve always known that judges are the real deal here.”

“Every institutionâ€"the media, academia, corporations, and othersâ€"are against us on gay and transgender rights, and GOP lawmakers are gutless. The only hope we had was that federal judges would protect the status quo. Now that’s gone.”

QuoteElsewhere, Trump has engaged in a bromance with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un, the worst persecutor of Christians in the world, and established more intimate and admiring relationships with many of the world’s despots than with leaders of America’s traditional allies. And on issues that have traditionally concerned conservative evangelicals, such as fiscal responsibility and limited government, Trump has been awful: The deficit and the debt exploded under his watch, even pre-pandemic.
Evangelicals are stupid to think they can turn back the clock.  They decisively lost the battle on gay rights and while abortion is an ongoing struggle - in many states, it's technically legal but good luck finding a clinic - attitudes are changing and imho, this is yet another battle evangelicals are going to eventually lose.

Suffice it to say that this culture war has developed not necessarily to conservatives' advantage.

Baruch

Evangelical Christians are so ... 1980s.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 10, 2020, 08:24:10 PM
Evangelicals are stupid to think they can turn back the clock.  They decisively lost the battle on gay rights and while abortion is an ongoing struggle - in many states, it's technically legal but good luck finding a clinic - attitudes are changing and imho, this is yet another battle evangelicals are going to eventually lose.

It's been five years since same-sex marriage became legal in all 50 states I think even most conservatives have realized it isn't that big a deal. No, people aren't marrying their dog. Adam isn't divorcing Eve to run off and marry Steve. Evangelicals still try to attribute every natural disaster to God's displeasure with the gays but fewer and fewer people are buying that nonsense.

trdsf

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 11, 2020, 08:22:52 AM
It's been five years since same-sex marriage became legal in all 50 states I think even most conservatives have realized it isn't that big a deal. No, people aren't marrying their dog. Adam isn't divorcing Eve to run off and marry Steve. Evangelicals still try to attribute every natural disaster to God's displeasure with the gays but fewer and fewer people are buying that nonsense.
And they're losing at least half the war within their own party: young Republicans back, or at least don't oppose, LGBTQ+ equality.

What remains an open question is whether those young Republicans remain Republicans, or if they're so turned off by the culture war the Talebangelical wing of their party keeps pushing, they leave and become Independents, Libertarians, or (gasp!) Democrats.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

You have to smoke dope at the tomb of Lenin, to be a Democrat ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Baruch

I am badass.  I wear a mask when outside.  I want this failed species to die off  (sarc).  And yes, how much a mask works, isn't as important as the politics.  Americans don't care to eat or drink or breath, they only care for politics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Commuted, technically.  But springing your own lackey from jail is a helluva move.

Baruch

The psychology of politics as a branch of sports fan psychology:

I like/hate a particular team
I hate/like a particular player
I hate/like a particular play

What unifies these?  Feeling, not thinking.  Not trying to invalidate anyone's feelings.  But don't call this rationality.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Solomon: FBI Captured Russians Accepting Nuclear Kickbacks During Obama Years" ... Obamagate and Uranium One ... real treason with Russia.  FBI says OK, because they are all Democrats.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Speaking of coups, of goose stepping D/R deplorables ... of crazy leadership ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPUe7O3ODHQ
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"New Court Filing: Ghislaine Maxwell 'Fled' Across House During Raid; FBI Found Tin Foil-Wrapped Cell Phone" ... she was smart, but not smart enough.  She forgot the tin foil hat!

"Bail Denied For Ghislaine Maxwell" ... giving her bail would be too stupid even for the government.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.