News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Communists are only community, in a gulag.  I get community from my Unitarian-Universalist fellowship.  They aren't a government, they are liberal but not psychotic.

Yes, to try to keep the human race from going extinct (worst case) should we adhere to ideology?  Left would adhere, because they would love to exterminate the human race, if they don't get their way.  All Stalin/Mao every day.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Communism!  It's so insidious that it disguises itself as caring for people in need. Its evil has no bounds!

Baruch

I am happy if you give your entire salary/bank account away.  Leave mine alone, it is for my family.  Otherwise you die (sarc).

Yangs vs Comms ... Star Trek Classic.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 09, 2020, 01:47:17 PM

Communism!  It's so insidious that it disguises itself as caring for people in need. Its evil has no bounds!
That's what I have found so astounding about the christian fear and hatred of 'communism'.  First they don't understand that there is not and never has been, one brand of 'communism'.  And more importantly,  what Jesus taught is communism. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Yeah, try to explain that to them, though!   LOL
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 09, 2020, 02:45:09 PM
That's what I have found so astounding about the christian fear and hatred of 'communism'.  First they don't understand that there is not and never has been, one brand of 'communism'.  And more importantly,  what Jesus taught is communism.

Church not Bible.  Pope not Jesus.  Jesus was a BuJew communist (per early Jerusalem congregation).  This is a good reason why the Jewish and Roman hierarchy killed him, and only a fake version of his message survived.  Notably, Protestants claimed to correct this, but mostly didn't.  Please see Shakers.  They were closest to NT, not even the Amish are that close.  Both groups would be pacifist.  Shakers are extinct (no sex).  Amish are nearly extinct (too much horse shit).

So why am I not a Christian?  One reason, I am not a communist.  Another reason, I am not a pacifist.  The Catholic/Orthodox/Anglican churches did have a do-it-yourself communism however ... monks and nuns.  Anyone here want to go to a secular commune?  Yeah, that is a monastery/nunnery without the robes and prayers.

Bernie was kicked out of the kibbutz/commune (they are secular) in Israel, because he is a lazy fuck.  My older god-sister joined but later left a matriarchal commune 50 years ago, because of ... matriarchy.  The only thing a woman hates more than a man in charge, is a woman in charge ;-)  The kibbutz is mostly dead in Israel, same with most 60s communes in the US.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 09, 2020, 08:57:15 PM
Trump secretly fears catching coronavirus, fears journalists will deliberately try to infect him

Haha ... being a Democrat is a virus (sarc).  So you are saying he is paranoid?  I would be.  Adam Schiff ... looks like Boris Karloff.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Schiff doesn't look anything like Karloff! He looks more like someone who might have played in Law and Order.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Are we tired of winning yet?
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 10, 2020, 02:05:36 PM
Are we tired of winning yet?

No.  Been losing retirement funds since Jan 1 ... I need more winning!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Trump tried to buy coronavirus vaccine being developed by German company

Quote"The American regime has committed an extremely unfriendly act," said Social Democrat MP Karl Lauterbach, who said that German health workers on the front lines â€" as well as people around the world â€" needed to have access to something developed in Germany, and that no country should be able to purchase exclusive access to the vaccine.

"Capitalism has limits," he said.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 15, 2020, 10:59:54 PM

I find this appalling but I'm sure there are "America First" conservatives who think this is a great idea.

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 15, 2020, 10:59:54 PM
I have outrage fatigue.  I can't even get incensed anymore.  And no matter what he does, anywhere from 30-40% of the country will just swear that it's the most brilliant thing ever.

This is why "May you live in interesting times" was meant as a curse.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on March 16, 2020, 01:37:27 AM
I have outrage fatigue.  I can't even get incensed anymore.  And no matter what he does, anywhere from 30-40% of the country will just swear that it's the most brilliant thing ever.

This is why "May you live in interesting times" was meant as a curse.

I hope you get better.  Overdosing on politics, in an election year, isn't healthy.

On Capitalism ... I would not only buy up all the TP and sanitizer, I wouldn't sell it to any Democrat.  Not to kill them, just to annoy them ;-)  And then I would give it away for free to my friends (no I don't support profiteering).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.