News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

I wonder what the 2020 version of "pizza-gate" will be?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

QuoteA resurfaced letter from 2016 signed by Senate Republicans shows that plenty of members of the GOP had Joe Biden’s back when he was asking for the chief Ukrainian prosecutor to be removed from office. This destroys one of Trump’s leading lines of attack against Biden, and helps to blow up the whole conspiracy theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnTfo-G0NiI

QuoteOne of Donald Trump's biggest attacks on Joe Biden, the one he thinks that's really sticking with the public that's resonating well and taking down Biden is the fact that Joe Biden was basically the guy in charge here in the United States demanding that Ukraine fire their prosecutor Shoken because he wasn't doing his job. But according to Trump, he wanted him fired because he was allegedly investigating his son, which is not actually what happened yesterday. A resurface letter from the year 2016 emerged showing that, Oh, Joe Biden wasn't the only one asking for this prosecutor to be fired. Now, we already knew that other countries had asked for the prosecutor to be fired. The UN had chimed in and said, you've got to get rid of this guy not prosecuting corruption. He has corrupt himself. And then a letter in 2016 signed by Republican senators Rob Portman, Mark Kirk and Ron Johnson called for removal of this prosecutor.
Democrats also signed it, democratic Senator Dick Durbin, Jeanne Shaheen, Chris Murphy, Sherrod Brown, Richard Blumenthal, all signed on to this letter, sent it over to Ukraine. Prosecutor respired roughly a month later. But this blows up that entire argument from Donald Trump that Biden was doing this to protect his son. You had Republicans in the Senate and Ron Johnson, by the way, has come out. So I don't remember signing that letter. I don't remember that. Kay will happened. Your names on it, your signatures there, you may not remember it, but it happened and if you can't remember it then that's probably a good sign. You shouldn't be serving in the federal government anymore because your mind slipping a bit. This is hard evidence. Republicans were with the Democrats on this particular issue. So what now? Now we know this is, this is bunk. Well, unfortunately the conservative media isn't going to talk about this letter.
They're not going to give it the coverage that it deserves and they're not going to mention the fact that no, Joe Biden did not do this to protect his son. Now that still doesn't answer the question or address the issue of whether or not Biden engaged in any quid pro quo. I'm going to withhold your aid unless you fire the prosecutor. That could still be an issue for Biden and let's be honest, that's not a good thing to do. Anyway. The aide had been passed. I mean essentially Joe Biden did to a lesser extent what Donald Trump has been accused of doing, which I have discussed earlier. I don't think what Biden did was technically illegal. Maybe it was, and if it was hell yeah, investigate, prosecute, do whatever you need to do. I 100% think what Donald Trump did was illegal. We have text messages to prove it, but now we also have an email for a letter from 2016 that proves the Joe Biden was not alone in calling for the removal of this prosecutor. It's probably not going to stop Trump from using this talking point, but anytime anybody sees it, you need to throw this letter back in their face and remind them that there was pretty much global unity calling for this prosecutor to be removed and that is not a scandal. That is not illegal. This prosecutor was corrupt as hell and wasn't prosecuting corruption because he was part of it. That's the part. Republicans still seem to have trouble getting into their skulls.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

This is about as good an explanation of impeachment as any:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaAVrj6MO5U
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 05, 2019, 02:05:12 PM
I wonder what the 2020 version of "pizza-gate" will be?

Quesadilla-gate.  Hispanic voters are more and more important.

Yes, in politics we dumb everything down.  Helps that straight party voting pattern.

On Ukraine as I said before, both Dems and Repubs should be up for war crimes ... there and lots of other times.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Baruch

Politics is competitive!  Shocker!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 05, 2019, 04:20:35 PM
One of Donald Trump's biggest attacks on Joe Biden, the one he thinks that's really sticking with the public that's resonating well and taking down Biden is the fact that Joe Biden was basically the guy in charge here in the United States demanding that Ukraine fire their prosecutor Shoken because he wasn't doing his job. But according to Trump, he wanted him fired because he was allegedly investigating his son, which is not actually what happened yesterday. A resurface letter from the year 2016 emerged showing that, Oh, Joe Biden wasn't the only one asking for this prosecutor to be fired. Now, we already knew that other countries had asked for the prosecutor to be fired. The UN had chimed in and said, you've got to get rid of this guy not prosecuting corruption. He has corrupt himself. And then a letter in 2016 signed by Republican senators Rob Portman, Mark Kirk and Ron Johnson called for removal of this prosecutor.
Heh.  I'm glad I haven't written Senator Portman yet.  I'm going to hang on to this one until the right moment.  He tries to sell himself locally as an independent-minded Republican, but he's been a rubber stamp all along -- votes the (mal)administration line 92% of the time.  And he's been a reliable 'yes' for every Cabinet and Supreme Court nomination, even the objectively awful ones like De Vos.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 07, 2019, 07:41:17 AM
Trump suggests Pelosi committed treason, should be 'immediately impeached'

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/464603-trump-suggests-pelosi-committed-treason-should-be-immediately
This is classic trump.  He accuses others of doing what it is he is doing or has done.  This fits into his always telling lies--he does not care if he is telling the truth or lies, all he really cares about is that this form of chaos creation has worked for him in the past, so why change it now?  His cult following laps it up--whatever he is the truth to them and it matters not if he sad something the opposite an hour ago--both are the truth to them.  Yes, the people of this country are that stupid.  Most are christian--right?  Therefore stupid and gullible.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Yes, I see. But there are better ways to do that. This is... childish? I swear it is like a parody. Everything is. Here too.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 07, 2019, 09:22:24 AM
Yes, I see. But there are better ways to do that. This is... childish? I swear it is like a parody. Everything is. Here too.
Trump is 'childish' in his approach to the world, and especially to his base.  He speaks and writes at a dumb 5th grade level--his base understands him then.  He personifies the playground bully.  His base loves it.  Trump echoes what the stupid people of this country believe, and those people are here by the tens of millions--or more.  Christianity has been embraced here as in no other country; christianity does not lead to reasoned thinking or critical thinking--it leads to belief over thought, to being gullible and distrust of intellectual pursuits.  It creates sheeple and that is who trump gets his power from. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

I'd be really disappointed if I had a 5th grader who could write no better than what Trump does.
God Not Found

drunkenshoe

LOL' yeah. I posted it to the other thread. Did you see his last tweet?

QuoteAs I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...

I get the Turkey part, after what happened, but didn't get the Europe and others part. what is going on? Why is he this unhinged? I keep saying, this is weird even for him, isn't it?