News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Yup, he's at it again: now he claims an "absolute right" to pardon himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiHN3IJ_j8A

...but even Nixon never claimed he could pardon himself.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

GSOgymrat

Quote from: trdsf on June 04, 2018, 03:29:42 PM

All those new "privacy policies" you've agreed to lately... Trump snuck this into the fine print. :-)

Unbeliever

Yeah, he thinks he can pardon himself, but I bet he never does whenever he farts.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Yes, there is Presidential privilege (as executive branch and as CinC).  The US president isn't a ceremonial diplomat as that position is in some countries.  There are three contending branches of government, neither is completely subordinate to the other.

Nixon should have done a coup, and attacked Congress directly, like Yeltsin did ;-)  I no longer believe anyone does anything wrong, who opposes Democrats. ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Trump may deserve impeachment, but it won't happen.  First "impeachment" is merely a "bringing of charges" in the House.  That only means a trial in the Senate.  The Senate is not going to convict Trump of anything.  The Chief Justice would be the Judge (with some House Members as Prosecutors) and require 67 Senators to vote to convict. 

As a practical matter, that isn't going to happen, so forget about it.  I mean, really seriously, forget about it...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 05, 2018, 03:51:53 AM
Trump may deserve impeachment, but it won't happen.  First "impeachment" is merely a "bringing of charges" in the House.  That only means a trial in the Senate.  The Senate is not going to convict Trump of anything.  The Chief Justice would be the Judge (with some House Members as Prosecutors) and require 67 Senators to vote to convict. 

As a practical matter, that isn't going to happen, so forget about it.  I mean, really seriously, forget about it...

Yes, but in 2019 after the 2018 November miracle, the Communist Millennials get out the vote and turn every elected office up for grabs, into a W European communist party membership.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on June 05, 2018, 03:51:53 AM

Practically speaking, no, it's not going to happen.  Although if the Democrats take control of the House this fall and bring charges, even if they don't go to the Senate, the Repub leadership may try to push him out, same as they did Nixon -- mostly out of fear for what might happen to them in 2020.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

I wonder, if Chump is impeached, how many of his supporters would take up arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them?

Or at least try to end them.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on June 05, 2018, 07:48:42 PM
Practically speaking, no, it's not going to happen.  Although if the Democrats take control of the House this fall and bring charges, even if they don't go to the Senate, the Repub leadership may try to push him out, same as they did Nixon -- mostly out of fear for what might happen to them in 2020.

Nixon was undone by a coup from the FBI.  Sound familiar?  The R-party did nothing, the Deep State did everything.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 05, 2018, 08:19:24 PM
I wonder, if Chump is impeached, how many of his supporters would take up arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them?

Don't ask for civil war ... that way lies madness.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 05, 2018, 08:19:24 PM

No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
the heart-ache, and the thousand natural shocks
that Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation
devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep,
To sleep, perchance to Dream; aye, there's the rub,
for in that sleep of death, what dreams may come,
when we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
must give us pause.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 08, 2018, 01:05:22 AM
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
the heart-ache, and the thousand natural shocks
that Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation
devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep,
To sleep, perchance to Dream; aye, there's the rub,
for in that sleep of death, what dreams may come,
when we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
must give us pause.

Hamlet was a massive failure ... and psychotic.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

But he was a lot of fun at parties...
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 08, 2018, 01:45:28 PM
But he was a lot of fun at parties...

Not if poisoned swords and chalices were involved ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I keep hoping this Trump will be the last Trump, and if that's the case, the rapture will happen during his tenure:

QuoteIn a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last Trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Corinthians 15:52

After the rapture the rest of us can get on with having a great future.
God Not Found