News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Trump disapproval nears record high

It's kind if hard to believe that there are any more votes to flip, but here we are.  Teflon Don is flaking.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 15, 2019, 08:22:58 AM

It's kind if hard to believe that there are any more votes to flip, but here we are.  Teflon Don is flaking.

Lots of Americans support China in the trade war.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 15, 2019, 08:15:59 AM
The Democratic mob isn't even the Italian mob.  Joe is kissing cousin to pr126.

Joe who?  Biden?  McCarthy?  Di Maggio?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 07:12:12 AM
As to the first, well, duh, he has been like that for years.  He loves dictators he thinks he can benefit from and avoid personally.  He has admitted that often.

As to the 2nd, that is a claim you might want to avoid as it suggests you are either able to get into his mind or are a therapist with some personal knowledge you shouldn't divulge.

The second is a deduction from Baruch' use of g-d, which is a signature that Jews use. So self-hating Jew would fit his character.

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 15, 2019, 09:27:57 AM
The second is a deduction from Baruch' use of g-d, which is a signature that Jews use. So self-hating Jew would fit his character.

Many people use the euphemism g-d among others.  Don't push this idea of self-hatred farther though please.  You do NOT know what is in another person's mind.

Mike Cl

Still--43% still approve.  For me, that is still mind-boggling. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 09:31:58 AM
Many people use the euphemism g-d among others.  Don't push this idea of self-hatred farther though please.  You do NOT know what is in another person's mind.
Sure, no one really knows what's inside another person's mind. But Baruch is so full of it, he needs to be called out. And once in a while, shooting a dart in the dark to go fishing just to see what makes the man tick is part of the game...

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 15, 2019, 09:42:06 AM
Still--43% still approve.  For me, that is still mind-boggling.

Yeah, that seems pretty bizarre to me too.  I do not understand my farmer ancestors.  I did not realize how obstinately dumb they were (and apparently) are.  But as Gandalf said in LOTR, if simple people live simple lives, they will have simple thoughts.  And clever politicians manipulate them.  And I'm not one-sided about that.  It happens in cities too.

But I have always hoped that both the "salt of the earth" and the "strugglers in the cities" would know better than to support someone like Trump.

We'll see in 2020, if impeachment does not happen before then (not that I expect it will).

Unbeliever

Reagan was known as "the Teflon president," but Trump makes Teflon look like 40-grit sandpaper!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on August 15, 2019, 10:00:13 AM
Yeah, that seems pretty bizarre to me too.  I do not understand my farmer ancestors.  I did not realize how obstinately dumb they were (and apparently) are.  But as Gandalf said in LOTR, if simple people live simple lives, they will have simple thoughts.  And clever politicians manipulate them.  And I'm not one-sided about that.  It happens in cities too.

But I have always hoped that both the "salt of the earth" and the "strugglers in the cities" would know better than to support someone like Trump.

We'll see in 2020, if impeachment does not happen before then (not that I expect it will).

I still think the pesticides and fertilizers the rural population has been ingesting for decades has impaired the reasoning ability of millions of them. That and the on-going program to dumb down America has left us with a voting populace that can't vote rationally, and can be easily manipulated by the media (which is mostly corporate-owned).
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 15, 2019, 01:57:30 PM

I still think the pesticides and fertilizers the rural population has been ingesting for decades has impaired the reasoning ability of millions of them. That and the on-going program to dumb down America has left us with a voting populace that can't vote rationally, and can be easily manipulated by the media (which is mostly corporate-owned).

And you can't rule out lead and heavy metal products either.  But I think it is simpler than that.  You live and die with random events like weather, you stop thinking rationally and just pray to anything sometimes.

josephpalazzo

Now Trump is blaming the Media for the recent economic woes. Indeed, the media is the enemy of the people.

Unbeliever

I thought he was blaming the Fed, too. Of course, he'll blame anyone but himself and his own policies.
God Not Found

josephpalazzo

That too. But Putin is always blameless...

Hydra009

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 15, 2019, 04:24:29 PM
Now Trump is blaming the Media for the recent economic woes.
I thought he said the economy's never been better (thanks to him) because of [insert cherry-picked statistics]