News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

I don't hate anyone.  And I think that D-creatures lie when they say how much they love minorities.  They want their money and their vote, but nothing else.  That is why African-Americans didn't come out for Hillary like they came out for Barak.

Yes, virtue signaling is a kind of obsession with New Englanders.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

In for a penny, in for a pound, I guess.  I'll have to work to get out of this thread.

You say you don't hate anyone, but you sure don't like anyone NOT LIKE YOU.  I do like other people.  My deepest known ancestors came here early (from a European, not native American POV).  Us in the 1600s, Canada in the 1600s.  Since that time we marrid into about every immigrant group that has arrived or fallen onto our shores. 

I am English, Scots, Irish, French, Norman, Scandanavian, , Russin, Slovakian, and probaly some where else everywhere.  I have nieces who are part Korean.  A DNA test says I am partly east asian and partly Middle Eastern,  I'm from everywhere.n  And if you met me, you would say I was English.

What I am is American.  And if you disagree, I will take a shillelagh and lööma your dry sonn!  OK?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 19, 2018, 02:22:09 PM
In for a penny, in for a pound, I guess.  I'll have to work to get out of this thread.

You say you don't hate anyone, but you sure don't like anyone NOT LIKE YOU.  I do like other people.  My deepest known ancestors came here early (from a European, not native American POV).  Us in the 1600s, Canada in the 1600s.  Since that time we marrid into about every immigrant group that has arrived or fallen onto our shores. 

I am English, Scots, Irish, French, Norman, Scandanavian, , Russin, Slovakian, and probaly some where else everywhere.  I have nieces who are part Korean.  A DNA test says I am partly east asian and partly Middle Eastern,  I'm from everywhere.n  And if you met me, you would say I was English.

What I am is American.  And if you disagree, I will take a shillelagh and lööma your dry sonn!  OK?

People not like me?  Politically obsessed people aren't like me - but i enjoy gigging them.  I only mention politics here because it is far more important to posters than say .. philosophy.  I also keep one eye pealed for the Left and one for the Right, just in case.

I include many people as American ... but people still fighting the Civil War, from the North side, are Yanks in the Attic vs Confederates in the Attic (name of a book).  One can have many a theory about what is going on, but we really don't know.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on May 20, 2018, 12:58:22 AM
One can have many a theory about what is going on, but we really don't know.

But you know that Hillary is running the Illuminati, right? And she was responsible for the last recession, and the cost of tea in China.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 20, 2018, 06:21:38 PM
But you know that Hillary is running the Illuminati, right? And she was responsible for the last recession, and the cost of tea in China.

She is a minor character actor, compared to QEII and the Pope.  And the D-party is a children's party compared to royalty and the Vatican.  Don't mistake the hired help, for the owners.

Pamela Churchill was a latter day Mata Hari ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9W_Ar0YY5Y

Her last husband, Averell Harriman, the boss of the D-party at one point, and one of the founders of the CIA, she cultivated the Clintons when nobody knew who they were.  MI6 runs everything.  Including the 2016 US Presidential election ... Americans only think they aren't a part of the Commonwealth.  It is convenient for the Queen to let them think so.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 20, 2018, 06:21:38 PM

I will take that as sarcasm or satire, or even a straight-forward joke.  But not seriously.

Unbeliever

You should never take seriously anything I say. ;-)
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 22, 2018, 01:29:42 PM

Quite the opposite, you are one of the few truly intelligent people here.  Not knocking the others.  Someone has to do janitorial duty ;-) ... "Flowers For Algernon"
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on May 22, 2018, 08:26:40 PM
... "Flowers For Algernon"
Funny you should mention that.  Told someone the other day that that story is the blueprint for what it feels like to grow old.  The memory of hitting that home run, making that great football catch, all the tennis aces, pouring coffee without spilling any....................and on and on.  I can remember those things--won't happen again.  Could be depressing, if I let it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 23, 2018, 09:23:33 AM
Funny you should mention that.  Told someone the other day that that story is the blueprint for what it feels like to grow old.  The memory of hitting that home run, making that great football catch, all the tennis aces, pouring coffee without spilling any....................and on and on.  I can remember those things--won't happen again.  Could be depressing, if I let it.

It is very much like descriptions of Alzheimers in particular.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 22, 2018, 01:29:42 PM

Should I treat all your future statements that way? 

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 23, 2018, 09:23:33 AM

I read 'Flowers For Algernon' when it was first published was published in 1966 and was joint winner of that year's Nebula Award for Best Novel (the original publication was before my reading time).  I cried at the end.  I did not, however think of it in terms of aging.  I was too young.  I can understand it in that way now though. 

I turned 68 this week.  That's not "old" in today's terms in an industrial society, but I understand I am getting there.  78 will be harder, 88 might be the end.  I don't want to be like Charlie...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 25, 2018, 12:37:07 AM
I read 'Flowers For Algernon' when it was first published was published in 1966 and was joint winner of that year's Nebula Award for Best Novel (the original publication was before my reading time).  I cried at the end.  I did not, however think of it in terms of aging.  I was too young.  I can understand it in that way now though. 

I turned 68 this week.  That's not "old" in today's terms in an industrial society, but I understand I am getting there.  78 will be harder, 88 might be the end.  I don't want to be like Charlie...

Kudos.  I think I read it, as a school reading assignment, before 1974.  Same reaction then as you, same realization of mortality now as you.  Last 5 years got to watch my mother slowly die.  No fun at all for either of us.  If you haven't dealt closely with a dying relative, don't if it can be avoided.  That way what is coming upon you, will be a surprise!  And the cats are not much help either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on May 25, 2018, 12:37:07 AM

You do have a choice.  Become like Charlie------or die.  Take your pick........................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 25, 2018, 09:24:54 AM
You do have a choice.  Become like Charlie------or die.  Take your pick........................

Since he isn't a snowflake, he doesn't get to claim a third choice.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.