Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 23, 2019, 08:00:23 PM
Yeah, but Bill Nye, not Bill Clinton.

:-P

No, you want to drive Billy Nye's grass car.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: josephpalazzo on July 23, 2019, 05:23:01 PM
Regardless of the political reality - that should take second place - if there is evidence of high crimes and misdemeanor, Congress has no choice but to commence impeachment proceedings. Otherwise, you might as well remove the impeachment clause from the constitution. Only Congress can do that, and doing nothing if there is a clear case would be dereliction of duty. And the Dems or the GOP, whichever party has not fulfilled its duty, should be thrown out of office. Impeachment proceedings should not depend on popular support - that's tantamount of trying in court someone of crime depending on whether or not the public approves!! The American public has to decide whether or not this is a country of law and order. If it is not, then it's just another shit-hole country.
I do agree with all of the above.  But my fears suggest this country is really the United States of Corporation with Nazi CEO's running all.  After Trump wins the 2020 election that will be the end of this country as I had thought it would be--it will be controlled totally by white nazi rulers.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 23, 2019, 08:24:44 PM
I do agree with all of the above.  But my fears suggest this country is really the United States of Corporation with Nazi CEO's running all.  After Trump wins the 2020 election that will be the end of this country as I had thought it would be--it will be controlled totally by white nazi rulers.

You could have remained a crown colony, but nooo ...

All Dems = Stalin
All Repub = Hitler

That is why I say, the only two politicians worth studying over the last 200 years are those two.  As a warning.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

One of the things the Dems should do tomorrow is to read passages directly from the report, especially where there is evidence of obstruction, and asked Mueller for further clarification. It's probably the only way the public will ever "hear" what's in the report.  What they have been hearing so far is NO COLLUSION, NO OBSTRUCTION, and COMPLETE EXONERATION. But what I suspect is that the members of the committee will be doing is for themselves -promote themselves in every twisted way. We should turn this into a drinking game - every time they screw it, we take a shot. Hmm... I don't think I'll last half past nine (ET)...

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 23, 2019, 05:35:05 PM
If the Democratic House impeaches, and the GOP Senate fails to convict, it will show the whole of America and the world just how far the GOP has sunk, and just what can be expected from them in the future.
It's more likely that if the House impeaches and the Senate fails to convict, the GOP runs on "the Democrats are wasting our time and money" and the Idiot-In-Chief runs on "COMPLETELY EXONERATED!!1!"

No, the place where the ethical shortcomings and temper tantrums have to fester right now is in the minds of the swing voters.  The 2020 election is already shaping up to be a referendum on Lord Dampnut's behavior -- or if the Democratic National Committee has half a functioning braincell among them, if fucking well should be shaping up that way.

Yes, of course, there's more than enough already on the table to impeach and convict... but we don't live in a perfect world.  All we can do is manipulate the broken one we're in as best we can until it's less broken.  We need to get to that less broken place first, before we can expect rationality to be involved in decisionmaking.

Even so, I am proud of my local Congresswoman, who voted for the recent impeachment motion.  Because even if it's tactically wrong, it's factually correct.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

The tactic of reading the Mueller Report ... it is pretty long, so as long as they are doing that boredom, they won't be doing any other damage to the US.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Baruch on July 24, 2019, 02:34:24 AM
The tactic of reading the Mueller Report ... it is pretty long, so as long as they are doing that boredom, they won't be doing any other damage to the US.

Ive read it partly.....it's 45 pages and long enough

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on July 24, 2019, 05:58:48 AM
Ive read it partly.....it's 45 pages and long enough

One sentence by Mueller ... "I failed in the hatchet job assigned to me by Hillary Clinton".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

In front of the judiciary committee: Mueller was nullified. Score one for Trump.

aitm

Back to the comments several pages back. It's not that 140 million people support Trump, its that they are free to unleash 60 years of pretend non-racism that totally pisses me off. Back to the 60's
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

josephpalazzo

Besides Adam Schiff being eloquent and spot on, the intelligent committee was ineffective. Mueller seemed to be so constrained and reluctant to testify, that he came off as if he was inebriated.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on July 24, 2019, 12:46:41 PM
In front of the judiciary committee: Mueller was nullified. Score one for Trump.

Not really.  I don't think he was drunk.  He supported his report, what he could remember of it.  Seems he is over the hill, but for how many months now?  His rabid guard dog all-Dem legal subordinates must have written the final report.  Suffering the effects of old age myself, I have nothing for sympathy for Mueller.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on July 24, 2019, 03:11:13 PM
Back to the comments several pages back. It's not that 140 million people support Trump, its that they are free to unleash 60 years of pretend non-racism that totally pisses me off. Back to the 60's

Who started it first?  Drugs, Acid-Rock, Riots, Protests, Treason ... good times.

All White males are racists and misogynists (per Marxism).  Given that I don't support Marxism, I don't support those definitions.  Communist bigotry.  Had the 60s been now, I would have sent all your seditious assess to Paris Island for proper training (and detox).  A salute to those who post here who did serve ... even if it was no fun.  Wasn't fun for my older relatives either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: josephpalazzo on July 24, 2019, 03:48:37 PM
Besides Adam Schiff being eloquent and spot on, the intelligent committee was ineffective. Mueller seemed to be so constrained and reluctant to testify, that he came off as if he was inebriated.
I thought he came off as cautious and -- certainly in comparison to the shrieking madman with a Twitter account -- calm, serious and rational.  He said he didn't want to testify, and he testified as little as possible.  It is my hope that swing voters will look at that and compare it to the extreme hyperbole (and genuine slander) coming out of the White House.  What the Democrats (and Republicans) did is of no relevance; Mueller first and foremost did not come off as a Witchfinder General, but as a hypercautious investigator.

Certainly the Republican members did themselves no favors either; if they had a point, then they did not need to shout and pound the table, and bitching about Mueller's investigation in the wake of their deliberate dragging out of the Benghazi and email "investigations" (which have been admitted to be about hurting Hillary rather than actually looking for the truth of the matter) -- not to mention Whitewater, of which even Ken Starr had to admit there was no 'there' there -- can only come off as supreme hypocrisy.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan