News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

I can't help but think of how many stOOpid questions the Dems will ask Mueller tomorrow. If you were there to ask Mueller ONE question, what would it be? Mine would be, WHY DIDN'T YOU GET TRUMP TO TESTIFY UNDER OATH IN FRONT OF A GRAND JURY? From my POV, Trump was given a pass. I have little doubt that such a testimony would have been a game changer.

Unbeliever

Many people thought Mueller's report would be the end of Trump's time in office, and now they think Mueller's testimony will be the end, but I'm not holding my breath.

I hope they'll at least ask Mueller whether Trump would have been indicted if he weren't president. And why was he not forced to testify under oath? Why was he handled with kid gloves?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

God Not Found

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 23, 2019, 02:08:43 PM
Many people thought Mueller's report would be the end of Trump's time in office, and now they think Mueller's testimony will be the end, but I'm not holding my breath.

I hope they'll at least ask Mueller whether Trump would have been indicted if he weren't president. And why was he not forced to testify under oath? Why was he handled with kid gloves?
Well, the political realities being what they are -- that you couldn't get enough Republicans in the Senate to vote to convict even if Lord Dampnut admitted to everything and even to a few high crimes and misdemeanors he's not currently suspected of -- the only thing I want out of Mueller's report and testimony is that it turns off enough of His Accidency's 2016 voters to keep him to one term in 2020.  Realistically, that's the best we can hope for.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 23, 2019, 02:41:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5cr6M_ohBg

Mueller is not going to answer any hypothetical questions (read- stOOpid questions). I don't expect the Dems smart enough to realize this. Definitely, he won't answer questions outside his report - he has already said that, but Dems will ask anyway, wasting their precious time as each member has limited time to ask.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: trdsf on July 23, 2019, 03:42:33 PM
Well, the political realities being what they are -- that you couldn't get enough Republicans in the Senate to vote to convict even if Lord Dampnut admitted to everything and even to a few high crimes and misdemeanors he's not currently suspected of -- the only thing I want out of Mueller's report and testimony is that it turns off enough of His Accidency's 2016 voters to keep him to one term in 2020.  Realistically, that's the best we can hope for.

Regardless of the political reality - that should take second place - if there is evidence of high crimes and misdemeanor, Congress has no choice but to commence impeachment proceedings. Otherwise, you might as well remove the impeachment clause from the constitution. Only Congress can do that, and doing nothing if there is a clear case would be dereliction of duty. And the Dems or the GOP, whichever party has not fulfilled its duty, should be thrown out of office. Impeachment proceedings should not depend on popular support - that's tantamount of trying in court someone of crime depending on whether or not the public approves!! The American public has to decide whether or not this is a country of law and order. If it is not, then it's just another shit-hole country.

Unbeliever

If the Democratic House impeaches, and the GOP Senate fails to convict, it will show the whole of America and the world just how far the GOP has sunk, and just what can be expected from them in the future.
God Not Found

Shiranu

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 23, 2019, 05:35:05 PM
If the Democratic House impeaches, and the GOP Senate fails to convict, it will show the whole of America and the world just how far the GOP has sunk, and just what can be expected from them in the future.

This is the party that has spent nearly two-decades at this point fighting tooth and nail against programs to help 9/11 first responders. The bar cant really sink any further than that.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

Oh, you think not? Just wait and see.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 23, 2019, 02:08:43 PM

CIA gave Trump a pass.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on July 23, 2019, 05:23:01 PM
Regardless of the political reality - that should take second place - if there is evidence of high crimes and misdemeanor, Congress has no choice but to commence impeachment proceedings. Otherwise, you might as well remove the impeachment clause from the constitution. Only Congress can do that, and doing nothing if there is a clear case would be dereliction of duty. And the Dems or the GOP, whichever party has not fulfilled its duty, should be thrown out of office. Impeachment proceedings should not depend on popular support - that's tantamount of trying in court someone of crime depending on whether or not the public approves!! The American public has to decide whether or not this is a country of law and order. If it is not, then it's just another shit-hole country.

Idealistic.  I would (purely on politics) impeach every POTUS, VPOTUS and SCOTUS.  They are all guilty of seeking power.  And the loosing party in each case would indict.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 23, 2019, 05:35:05 PM

Yep, and the Dems failed to impeach Bill Clinton (sarc) ... Republicans controlled both houses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Bill Clinton was a saint compared to Trump.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 23, 2019, 07:23:17 PM
Bill Clinton was a saint compared to Trump.

Opinion.  Y'all just want to have a love fest with naked Bill.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Yeah, but Bill Nye, not Bill Clinton.

:-P
God Not Found