News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on July 20, 2019, 09:16:31 AM
The bigger picture is that Trump knows how to manipulate the media - he's had 40 years of experience. That's why what Omar is doing right now is helping Trump and hurting the Dems. For her own good and that of her party, she should take a step back and go for a long vacation. Why? Because she's getting more headlines than 19 out of those who are trying to win the Democratic nomination. And that's not good. Trump is trying to cast her face as that of the Dems, which is by far not the case. If she were trying to win the nomination then that publicity would be great. But she's not running. And engaging in a dirty fight with Trump, you will lose. Trump is an expert of turning a lost into a win. She's not. She's falling into a trap set by the GOP's, who are demonizing her on Fox News and other right-wing outlets. Like the song says, "You've got to know when to hold them, when to fold them, when to walk away, know when to run..."

I agree completely.  Newbies, talented as they are and well-representing their districts, are no match for Trump on the national stage.  I am not politically-active in the organized sense (knocking on doors, handing out leaflets, etc)  but I do what I can where I can.  So I will support almost any Democrat who can beat Trump (no Republican will).  But I also want someone who can repair the damage of the past few years domestically and internationally. 

For now, that's Biden.  The World would welcome him.  I'm not ignoring Warren.  I bet she could stand toe to toe with Putin and Xi, and she has a lot of good ideas.  But "The World" would trust Biden more and we need that now.

If it was just a domestic election, I would go with Warren.

My best hope would be a one term Biden Presidency with Warren as VP and President after that for 2 terms.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on July 20, 2019, 09:32:02 AM
In Italian, it would be, Capice? pronounced as capishhhh...

I hear you. I can only speak for myself. The last two years, I've published 2 books, written a third one, which is in its last stage of revision. I'm hoping to have it published by January 2020. So I've been busy and had little time to post on AF. But you are right, we have too many trolls. I was here in the days when trolls would not fare very well. But with a change of admin/owners, the policy has been to tolerate them, be polite towards them - perfect environment for trolls to flourish. That also has the effect to chase away, discourage those who do seek a more reasonable discourse on a variety of topics. As you aptly said, you take what you can get. But still be choosy as to whom you want to reply.

It gets a bit Espanol around here, not much Italian.  I understand your point, though.  The 'Ignore" feature seems to be offline or I would use it to avoid temptation. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 09:15:14 AM
He's the only game in town too often, sadly...

I have several choices.  I can talk to myself.  I can talk to my 3 cats.  I can come here hoping for rational discussion.  I don't get much of the latter sometimes. And while I do love the cats, they do sleep a lot especially at night.

If you and other atheists posted more often, I would prefer to post to you.  But sometimes, you take what you can get.  And when Baruch is all I can get, I take it.  Comprende?

Yes, as I said before.  The regulars can get off their lazy asses.

Joe ... I still don't like you.  Not the only person I dislike here.  But that isn't why I come here.  I am posting "likes" on your stuff if you don't mind.  I don't have to ignore ... when someone posts an obvious idiocy, I just guffaw behind the screen.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 09:38:48 AM
I agree completely.  Newbies, talented as they are and well-representing their districts, are no match for Trump on the national stage.  I am not politically-active in the organized sense (knocking on doors, handing out leaflets, etc)  but I do what I can where I can.  So I will support almost any Democrat who can beat Trump (no Republican will).  But I also want someone who can repair the damage of the past few years domestically and internationally. 

For now, that's Biden.  The World would welcome him.  I'm not ignoring Warren.  I bet she could stand toe to toe with Putin and Xi, and she has a lot of good ideas.  But "The World" would trust Biden more and we need that now.

If it was just a domestic election, I would go with Warren.

My best hope would be a one term Biden Presidency with Warren as VP and President after that for 2 terms.

Biden will get a second chance against Kamala in the next debate. We will see of what stuff he's made of.  It may very well be a make or break... for either of these two.

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on July 20, 2019, 02:27:53 PM
Biden will get a second chance against Kamala in the next debate. We will see of what stuff he's made of.  It may very well be a make or break... for either of these two.

Possibly.  But it's really only "make or break" for those at the bottom of the polls.  Those in the top tier of polls and donations will continue.  If they choose.  Some will decide to seek other offices and some may leave thinking their chance of a VP or Cabinet job are better if they leave the race and endorse a winner before the first primaries.

And there is the matter of casting Trump out of office (and while some legal charges are possible).  SOME candidates might allow that they would be better off with a candidate they generally agree with just for that.  I just mean that there are a few dedicated idealist in the race.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 03:26:13 PM
Possibly.  But it's really only "make or break" for those at the bottom of the polls.  Those in the top tier of polls and donations will continue.  If they choose.  Some will decide to seek other offices and some may leave thinking their chance of a VP or Cabinet job are better if they leave the race and endorse a winner before the first primaries.

And there is the matter of casting Trump out of office (and while some legal charges are possible).  SOME candidates might allow that they would be better off with a candidate they generally agree with just for that.  I just mean that there are a few dedicated idealist in the race.

Or just do 1861 all over again.  It is the Dem way.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 20, 2019, 04:42:15 PM
Damn, this is starting to get even more scary!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJnWFt6pp_s

Good.  Maybe US citizens illegally helping?  Most of us are escaped felons (were did GB send felons before Australia was available?).

The problem is sanctuary cities.  If the IRS is asked to enforce, it will get much worse.  IRS doesn't mess around ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2019, 04:47:22 PM
Good.  Maybe US citizens illegally helping?  Most of us are escaped felons (were did GB send felons before Australia was available?).

The problem is sanctuary cities.  If the IRS is asked to enforce, it will get much worse.  IRS doesn't mess around ;-(

My ancestors weren't felons, I will have you know!

They were serfs, under the Norman French Viking sword...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 06:50:20 PM
My ancestors weren't felons, I will have you know!

They were serfs, under the Norman French Viking sword...

Even "gentlemen adventurers" who came, were the riff riff of the old world.  Indentured servants before dentures were invented.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Hahah ... cucks will develop dicks?  Not likely.

That is so close to actual sedition, I expect arrests.

Dems double down, to infinity and beyond!

Dems = We aren't like the pre-1970 Dems (while firing on Ft Sumter).

Dems = We aren't like the pre-1861 Dems (while destroying Black families with a welfare system which encourage Black men to abandon their families)

Dems = We are 1960s pacifists (while cheering on the destruction of Ukraine, Libya, Syria and Yemen).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3zw3Od-8KU

Well, the American experiment was good while it lasted, but the rich won't let in continue. The Constitution is the only thing that makes America a nation, and once it's gone the land and people will still be here, but it won't be America any more, whatever it's called. The wealthy hate any restrictions on their ability to rape the world and it's people, so they'll do whatever it takes to gat absolute power and control.
God Not Found

Baruch

The US Constitution was written by and for the rich ... rich traitors.  It wasn't written for the little people, or the slaves on the Washington or Jefferson plantations.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 21, 2019, 07:53:15 PM

Well, the American experiment was good while it lasted, but the rich won't let in continue. The Constitution is the only thing that makes America a nation, and once it's gone the land and people will still be here, but it won't be America any more, whatever it's called. The wealthy hate any restrictions on their ability to rape the world and it's people, so they'll do whatever it takes to gat absolute power and control.

The founding father were fully aware that democracy is a fragile thing - they knew that historically both Ancient Athens and Ancient Rome had experiment with democracy, which devolved in both cases into a tyrant taking absolute power. SCOTUS and Congress were designed as oversights to the executive branch. They also assumed a well informed population and a free press as another check. No doubt that Trump is testing the system on every front. But it's not over until the fat lady sings...