News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

QuoteThe US Military has been caught keeping information away from Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7XLaefIkfI

I think our country is broken, and there's no one who can fix it.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 18, 2019, 07:00:43 PM

There is a chain of command.  And leaders don't need to know all the details.  It is necessary for each person at each level to know what to do and how to do it.

On the other hand, there is plenty of Deep State conspiracy theory that says the US has been run by the Spooks since 1945.  I accept that theory, that in the nuclear age, politics is too important to be left to civilians or to the public.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 18, 2019, 02:07:06 PM
I think it will take more than a president, even a very good one, to do that. America needs more than two parties, or it needs to not have any parties at all, like some of the founders wanted.

https://www.history.com/news/founding-fathers-political-parties-opinion

They were afraid parties would tear the nation apart, and that seems to be coming to pass.

Agree. Parties tend to go crazy batshit partisanship. And that the US avoided that for quite a long time might now be considered as a fluke. I still remember when there were conservative Dems and liberal GOP's. That no longer exists. And the US is moving along the lines that we see in Europe: extreme Left versus extreme Right. However the European regime (parliamentary)  is designed for that so they can still function, more or less. The US doesn't have that structure as it is was designed for compromise. And so the most important issues - health care, education, infrastructure, immigration, to name a few - have lingered in limbo for the last three decades. After Trump, who knows what?!

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Munch on June 18, 2019, 03:02:59 PM
Thing is, as anyone looking back will find, trumps always been this way, its not like he wasn't a sleaze before he entered into office, he was a sleaze beforehand for many years. And maybe thats why he won, because admitting the truth about himself openly people thought they'd know just where he'd stand. The devil you know instead of the devil you don't.

It says a lot about the American people. It shouldn't surprise us that the US being more religious than any industrialized country has a large segment of the population that can readily suspend its rational thinking. . In that context, we can understand why the Evangelicals are rooting for Trump.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 18, 2019, 07:00:43 PM

"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children’s or grandchildren’s time â€" when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what’s true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness."

Carl Sagan, 1995

Hydra009

House finally votes to remove emergency powers granted to POTUS after 9/11

Whew, just in the nick of time.  Could you imagine waiting around for 18 years and have some slimeball waltz in who thinks war would be good for ratings and so he hires infamous warmonger John Bolton, who's just itching to launch us headlong into a war we don't want?  Man, that'd be incredibly stupid of us.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 20, 2019, 08:55:47 AM

Whew, just in the nick of time.  Could you imagine waiting around for 18 years and have some slimeball waltz in who thinks war would be good for ratings and so he hires infamous warmonger John Bolton, who's just itching to launch us headlong into a war we don't want?  Man, that'd be incredibly stupid of us.

This is because the drugged up Ds realize that they aren't winning in 2020.  The "I am WH god" powers won't come back until we get another Obama-warmonger back in the WH.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 20, 2019, 08:55:47 AM

Too soon to cheer. Mitch McConnell won't entertain such a bill.

Hydra009

I was being sarcastic.  I know Hitler's turtle will stonewall the bill.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 20, 2019, 11:33:12 AM
I was being sarcastic.  I know Hitler's turtle will stonewall the bill.

Godwin's law

Unbeliever

Do atheists believe in God[win]'s law?

:-P
God Not Found

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 20, 2019, 01:30:26 PM
We're well past worrying about Godwin's law.

Touché. However Godwin's law is about how internet debates devolve. OTOH, AOC is talking about REAL concentration camps.

Hydra009

Quote from: josephpalazzo on June 20, 2019, 01:45:46 PMAOC is talking about REAL concentration camps.
Exactly.  It really puts a little light name-calling in perspective.

Unbeliever

It's amazing how many nicknames people have come up with for Trump. I've come up with a few myself, but Kimmel and co. have been hard at work! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu3iQ1yk16s

The only thing I want to call Trump is "ex-president" - or maybe "Inmate # 47584393."
God Not Found