News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 07, 2018, 07:01:39 AM
Quote slave owners and slave rapists much?

And no, if you want a French Revolution, go to France to do it.  They need to be executed.

Every generation and century has things to be ashamed of.  The important thing is that we do our best to imagine a better world and struggle on, stammerring and shambling, towards it.

I dread to think what our descendants in 2118 will think of the horrible people WE were...

We could make a long list of things to be ashamed of...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

You are simply excusing your poor choice of quotation.  If Jefferson believed anything he said, he would have manumitted his own slaves at death, or better yet while still alive.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 07, 2018, 07:09:56 AM
You are simply excusing your poor choice of quotation.  If Jefferson believed anything he said, he would have manumitted his own slaves at death, or better yet while still alive.

I won't be draw into  a complete defense of Jefferson.  He was wrong about some things, right about others. 

WE can do better.

fencerider

Quote from: Cavebear on February 07, 2018, 07:06:01 AM
Every generation and century has things to be ashamed of.

I dread to think what our descendants in 2118 will think of the horrible people WE were...

For this generation we should be ashamed of Dodart Jigalo Trump. What they say about us in 2118 will probably be influenced by our decision to keep him or get rid of him.

I think it would be a good idea for Mueller to prosecute Trump before Trump fires him. The Constitution requires that the president be impeached for criminal activity. There is no grounds to say he can not be prosecuted. Sitting members of Congress can be prosecuted when a real crime is committed. They can not be prosecuted on frivolous charges. Only in a republican wet-dream would Mueller be charging Trump on frivolous charges. BTW the Constitution says that the president can not pardon anyone for an impeachable offense. i.e. Trump can not pardon himself to get out of imprachment
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Cavebear on February 07, 2018, 07:06:01 AM
Every generation and century has things to be ashamed of.  The important thing is that we do our best to imagine a better world and struggle on, stammerring and shambling, towards it.

We could make a long list of things to be ashamed of...

In the future peopl will look in the past and say "Can you believe those barbarians had ate animals and were mostly hetrosexual?"

Unbeliever

Apparently Chump's never even been a billionaire - just a wanna-be! Nothing but a con man, that's our president:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELs9HF5xIPo
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 08, 2018, 01:44:06 PM
Apparently Chump's never even been a billionaire - just a wanna-be! Nothing but a con man, that's our president:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELs9HF5xIPo
Why do you think he never revealed his tax returns??
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hakurei Reimu

Huh. Out of $200 million that he took in from his father altogether, and according to this, has maybe only $400 million. That's 50 years for a doubling time. That comes out to an interest rate of a measly 1.44%.

Yeah. Genius businessman. He could have literally put his $200 mil into a savings account and be richer than he is right now.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

Too bad the snowflakes are melting again, like a year ago.  Is this an annual thing now?

Sorry, if they knew then, what is known now ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAOijFfqXWo

Bill Clinton would not only be the second President to be impeached (indicted) but also the first to be convicted.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on February 08, 2018, 04:24:07 AM
In the future peopl will look in the past and say "Can you believe those barbarians had ate animals and were mostly hetrosexual?"

If the future world is homosexual, there won't be many people, LOL!

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on February 08, 2018, 01:30:01 AM
For this generation we should be ashamed of Dodart Jigalo Trump. What they say about us in 2118 will probably be influenced by our decision to keep him or get rid of him.

I think it would be a good idea for Mueller to prosecute Trump before Trump fires him. The Constitution requires that the president be impeached for criminal activity. There is no grounds to say he can not be prosecuted. Sitting members of Congress can be prosecuted when a real crime is committed. They can not be prosecuted on frivolous charges. Only in a republican wet-dream would Mueller be charging Trump on frivolous charges. BTW the Constitution says that the president can not pardon anyone for an impeachable offense. i.e. Trump can not pardon himself to get out of imprachment

A Republican Congress will never impeach Trump. 

Impeachment is not for regular crimes.  It is poorly understood.  The President can be "impeached" for anything.  It is a political decision by Congress to remove a President (and some other elected officials) from office. 

If impeached, a trial is conducted in the Senate.  IF convicted, the President is thereby removed from office.

THEN, the former President may or may not be charged with crimes in regular court.

Baruch

Thanks.  You did learn something in poli-sci.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on February 09, 2018, 02:29:38 AM
A Republican Congress will never impeach Trump. 

Impeachment is not for regular crimes.  It is poorly understood.  The President can be "impeached" for anything.  It is a political decision by Congress to remove a President (and some other elected officials) from office. 

If impeached, a trial is conducted in the Senate.  IF convicted, the President is thereby removed from office.

THEN, the former President may or may not be charged with crimes in regular court.
To the best of my knowledge, it's not entirely settled as to whether a president is immune from regular prosecution while in office.  The grand jury that handed down the Watergate indictments wanted to indict Nixon, but Jaworsky talked them down to only naming him an unindicted co-conspirator because he didn't want to open that can of Constitutional wormsâ€"it would have been a major distraction to the investigation.

I thinkâ€"obligatory I Am Not A Lawyer here, but I am a PoliSci grad with a particular interest in Constitutional balancesâ€"that it's still an undecided matter if the President can be held responsible outside the impeachment process for a criminal matter, while still in office.  For political matters, only the impeachment process applies.

So, for example, if the Orange Disaster Area really did go out and shoot someone in Times Square, he couldn't hide behind executive privilege unless it could be demonstrated that it was in the course of executing (no pun intended) his duties and responsibilities under the Constitution, and even then he'd have a hell of a time of it.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

The law is always murky, either because human behavior is murky, or the legal profession is murky.  Nothing is ever settled, because there is always another jurisdiction or another judge.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

One other thing occurs to me, and I not only don't have a good answer either way on it, I don't even know which way I lean.

If a President is impeached in the House and convicted in the Senate over a criminal matter, would further legal proceedings in the criminal court system constitute double jeopardy under the Fifth Amendment?
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan