News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 16, 2019, 07:22:23 AM
Exactly.  Kill any opponents.  That isn't even Machiavelli, that is Augustus Caesar.  Per Indo-Chinese experience 1965-1975 it would seem that Democrats are good at robbing, raping and murdering.  Probably can teach the Republicans a thing or two.

I admire the fact that you said "exactly" when that wasn't what I said at all.  The Trump administration has an opening for you. 

And, BTW, it was Eisenhower, a Republican, who first started the US on the Vietnam War track.  He thought he should support the French there...  After that, we were drawn in like a large snake swallowing a small poisonous frog.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 16, 2019, 09:29:50 AM
I admire the fact that you said "exactly" when that wasn't what I said at all.  The Trump administration has an opening for you. 

And, BTW, it was Eisenhower, a Republican, who first started the US on the Vietnam War track.  He thought he should support the French there...  After that, we were drawn in like a large snake swallowing a small poisonous frog.

Yes, we thought we could fix Vietnam from 1954.  Bit mistake.  What, 50 million people living there, not counting Cambodia and Laos?  And we can do it via computer tabulation and minimal commitment.  Just after having China hand us our stupid ass in Korea too.

Sorry, blame Ike.  Don't blame JFK, LBJ or Nixon.  But I think LBJ takes the cake for this.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 16, 2019, 10:37:54 AM
Yes, we thought we could fix Vietnam from 1954.  Bit mistake.  What, 50 million people living there, not counting Cambodia and Laos?  And we can do it via computer tabulation and minimal commitment.  Just after having China hand us our stupid ass in Korea too.

Sorry, blame Ike.  Don't blame JFK, LBJ or Nixon.  But I think LBJ takes the cake for this.

I actually didn't blame JFK, LBJ, or RMN in my post.  I blamed Eisenhower ( who I admire otherwise). 

I know a lot about the Vietnam years.  I was "of that age" for one thing.  And when I returned to college in the 90s,  I took the senior course on The Vietnam War for a reason.  I was the only student in the class who "was of the time".  By invitation of the professor, I lead a session on the demonstrations, fears of draftees, fears of avoiding the draft, etc.

The professor said "there is almost always one in the class", but she said the others wore fatigues.  I was her first anti...

Funny side note.  There was an aerial picture of a demonstration at Univ Of MD.  I recognized it.  I was in there...

Baruch

You know a lot about Vietnam?  Ever been there like my older brother and older cousin?  You are delusional again.  Stop with the bath salts.  It doesn't cure arthritis.

Why not blame France for Vietnam, they were the knuckleheads who occupied it in the first place (after several Chinese dynasties tried the same shit).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zks6L-vY098

They didn't have the Internet in 1965, so I guess the State Dept was helpless until recently ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 16, 2019, 11:07:27 AM
You know a lot about Vietnam?  Ever been there like my older brother and older cousin?  You are delusional again.  Stop with the bath salts.  It doesn't cure arthritis.

Why not blame France for Vietnam, they were the knuckleheads who occupied it in the first place (after several Chinese dynasties tried the same shit).

They didn't have the Internet in 1965, so I guess the State Dept was helpless until recently ;-)

I know a lot about the Vietnam WAR.  There is a difference.  I know a lot about the US Civil War and I was involved on the field there either.

As far as serving goes, I dropped my college deferment in 1969 and took my chances.  Its good that I wasn't called; I would have been a terrible soldier.  Oh, I wouldn't have had a problem shooting enemies, but I don't take orders well.  I question authority too much.  Were you there yourself?  Bone spurs?

I don't bother to blame European countries of all nations for colonialism.  It was a dreadful period of history and one could wonder legitimately how the world would be if Europe had not tried it.  But that is the past.

I blame France for a LOT of bad events (and I'm half French in general).  Like Trump, they pretty much screw up everything they touch.  That's a future subject of discussion...  But Vietnam is one of them for sure.

I should write an alternative history story starting with Napoleon either winning in Russia or losing the first battle in Europe and fading away.  Either would be fun.

Baruch

Arm chair war is like a lot of arm chair politics.  Puff.  Unless the other guy has his vice-grips locked on your gonads, you aren't even serious.

Ever hear about their (French) equally dismal record, post WW II in Madagascar?  GB in Kenya?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 16, 2019, 02:21:27 PM
Arm chair war is like a lot of arm chair politics.  Puff.  Unless the other guy has his vice-grips locked on your gonads, you aren't even serious.

Ever hear about their (French) equally dismal record, post WW II in Madagascar?  GB in Kenya?

How do you prove you are French?  (raise both hands)

WWII essentially ended the misbegotten colonial period on all continents, though there were some attempts to maintain strategic resources.  Thankfully, that also ended in favor of one-sided trade for a while until things balanced.  The US was stupid to get in on the back end of it. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 16, 2019, 02:37:29 PM
How do you prove you are French?  (raise both hands)

WWII essentially ended the misbegotten colonial period on all continents, though there were some attempts to maintain strategic resources.  Thankfully, that also ended in favor of one-sided trade for a while until things balanced.  The US was stupid to get in on the back end of it.

Nothing wrong with colonialism.  Without it, you and I would be in a mud hut in Europe, fighting over a bone.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on May 16, 2019, 02:40:29 PM
Nothing wrong with colonialism.  Without it, you and I would be in a mud hut in Europe, fighting over a bone.

Colonialism is different from migration.  It is an organized culture taking over another weaker one from afar.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 16, 2019, 02:46:09 PM
Colonialism is different from migration.  It is an organized culture taking over another weaker one from afar.

Tooth and claw is ... evolution.  Per Darwin, you didn't even try (I don't agree with Darwin).  Selfish sperms.

This is how idiots think US foreign policy used to work (in fact vs Veracruze Mexico, not Tangier Morocco) ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5niMFTyhqs
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Lying us into a war is MURDER! Both our soldiers and the "enemy" that are killed will be victims of MURDER! It was MURDER in Iraq and it will be MURDER in Iran.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf

I've found my motto for the next election: the Make America Not Insane Again Campaign 2020.  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFE6aDIxc4k

(after the first ten minutes it becomes an Ossman/Firesign retrospective rather than a campaign parody, and a tip o' the campaign button to Cavebear)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 16, 2019, 04:45:04 PM
Lying us into a war is MURDER! Both our soldiers and the "enemy" that are killed will be victims of MURDER! It was MURDER in Iraq and it will be MURDER in Iran.

All wars are murder.  Including American Revolution.  Long live King George, huzzah!

Denver getting "shrooms" .. so more insanity, but with assistance.  No need to have elections, just like toads.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

There is such a thing as "just war" but we haven't had one of those since WWII. The Nazis had to be stopped, and we stopped them.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 16, 2019, 07:44:12 PM
There is such a thing as "just war" but we haven't had one of those since WWII. The Nazis had to be stopped, and we stopped them.

Russians stopped them, we helped the Russians do it.  Get the priority straight ;-)  America was never great, except in marketing.

I would generally agree, if you are so remiss as to let an enemy attack you first, then it is pretty clear who the aggressor is.  But we cut off all oil imports to Japan in 1941 ... oops!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.