News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Well, Reagan was called the Teflon president, but Chump is even more slippery!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 06, 2018, 01:34:34 PM
Apparently it's treason to not clap for Chump at his state of the union speech:

Trump on Democrats who failed to clap for him: 'Can we call that treason? Why not?'

I mean, really!? I think Chump will soon find out exactly what the word "treason" means!
I think we're a closer to the point where we need to impeach while it's still possible than anyone wants to think.  He's actively cultivating a cult of personality, and at risk of invoking Godwin's Law, we've seen where that sort of thing leads.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on February 06, 2018, 02:27:32 PM
I think we're a closer to the point where we need to impeach while it's still possible than anyone wants to think.  He's actively cultivating a cult of personality, and at risk of invoking Godwin's Law, we've seen where that sort of thing leads.
I don't think it is possible right now.  How in the world would the House agree to impeach?  It wouldn't.  If the congress changes to a Democratic one, then there is a slight glimmer of hope that it could happen.  But I don't even see that as very much of a possibility.  Our country is really, just so fucked up--I think it's called circling the drain.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 06, 2018, 03:02:36 PM
I don't think it is possible right now.  How in the world would the House agree to impeach?  It wouldn't.  If the congress changes to a Democratic one, then there is a slight glimmer of hope that it could happen.  But I don't even see that as very much of a possibility.  Our country is really, just so fucked up--I think it's called circling the drain.
Politically, no, it's not possible, not with the current Congress.  Ryan would never let a serious threat of impeachment come to the floor.  The motion offered by Al Green (D-TX) in December was a privileged motion and required a floor vote, and Ryan was happy to allow that since there wasn't a hope in hell of it passing.  The separate motions offered by Brad Sherman (D-CA) and Steve Cohen (D-TN) were not privileged, and got assigned (properly, I might add) to the Judiciary Committee, where the Republican majority has simply failed to hold a hearing on them.

And that's the real danger in all this: the Republican majorities in the House and Senate are content to just keep looking the other way and looking the other way and looking the other way and occasionally issuing a mild 'tut tut' about some screamingly inappropriate/unethical comment from the Orange Disaster and just won't do anything about it until it's too late... and then it's too late.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Atheon

I look forward to pissing on trump's grave. Unfortunately, dictators live long lives. So I'll have to remain healthy.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on February 06, 2018, 03:37:45 PM
Politically, no, it's not possible, not with the current Congress.  Ryan would never let a serious threat of impeachment come to the floor.  The motion offered by Al Green (D-TX) in December was a privileged motion and required a floor vote, and Ryan was happy to allow that since there wasn't a hope in hell of it passing.  The separate motions offered by Brad Sherman (D-CA) and Steve Cohen (D-TN) were not privileged, and got assigned (properly, I might add) to the Judiciary Committee, where the Republican majority has simply failed to hold a hearing on them.

And that's the real danger in all this: the Republican majorities in the House and Senate are content to just keep looking the other way and looking the other way and looking the other way and occasionally issuing a mild 'tut tut' about some screamingly inappropriate/unethical comment from the Orange Disaster and just won't do anything about it until it's too late... and then it's too late.
I have never been a pessimistic kind of guy.  I have always maintained that the world is in the best condition it has ever been in.  But, since Trump, I really, really wonder.  Is it too late??--for this country it just might be.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 06, 2018, 01:47:56 PM
If only you would be right.  I think Trump invented teflon.  Nothing sticks.  Basically he is doing whatever he wants to whoever he wants to.

As opposed to Rep Joe Wilson, who yelled at Obama in an address to Congress "You Lie"!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 06, 2018, 01:34:34 PM
Apparently it's treason to not clap for Chump at his state of the union speech:

Trump on Democrats who failed to clap for him: 'Can we call that treason? Why not?'

I mean, really!? I think Chump will soon find out exactly what the word "treason" means!

You mean the Hillary funded, Russian sourced, Obama approved October surprise ... which has blown up on the treasonous followers of the debauched D party leaders?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 06, 2018, 05:32:17 PM
As opposed to Rep Joe Wilson, who yelled at Obama in an address to Congress "You Lie"!

Obama is a politician.  Everything they say is a lie.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on February 06, 2018, 06:34:12 PM
Obama is a politician.  Everything they say is a lie.
Joe Wilson is a politician too, so when he said Obama lied, he was lying.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 06, 2018, 06:49:24 PM
Joe Wilson is a politician too, so when he said Obama lied, he was lying.

Yes, so at this point, like the defeat of the magical dragon, you should shrink to infinity inside yourself ... because nature supposedly abhors a contradiction.

It will be fun waterboarding all the D party psychopaths ... the R party psychopaths of course think they are exempt ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 06, 2018, 07:05:29 PM
Yes, so at this point, like the defeat of the magical dragon, you should shrink to infinity inside yourself ... because nature supposedly abhors a contradiction.

It will be fun waterboarding all the D party psychopaths ... the R party psychopaths of course think they are exempt ...

You are withdrawing into sarc again.

Which magical dragon are you referring to?  The red and white dragons of Myrlyn, or those of the Chinese, or Dragonball Z, etc? 

I hope you aren't supporting waterboarding anyone in reality...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 06, 2018, 08:20:42 PM
You are withdrawing into sarc again.

Which magical dragon are you referring to?  The red and white dragons of Myrlyn, or those of the Chinese, or Dragonball Z, etc? 

I hope you aren't supporting waterboarding anyone in reality...

Not I ... but then that is why we have the State.  To discover enemies both foreign and domestic, and to dispose of them.  So yes, those who will, try their hand at revolution ... and be disposed of.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 06, 2018, 11:10:08 PM
Not I ... but then that is why we have the State.  To discover enemies both foreign and domestic, and to dispose of them.  So yes, those who will, try their hand at revolution ... and be disposed of.

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical".  Jefferson

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 06, 2018, 11:50:07 PM
"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical".  Jefferson

Quote slave owners and slave rapists much?

And no, if you want a French Revolution, go to France to do it.  They need to be executed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.