News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

QuoteIn an ongoing effort to topple Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro, Vice President Mike Pence met with members of the Venezuelan opposition at the White House Tuesday alongside Trump’s new special envoy to Venezuela, Elliott Abrams. Elliott Abrams is a right-wing hawk who was convicted in 1991 for lying to Congress during the Iran-Contra scandal, but he was later pardoned by President George H.W. Bush. Abrams defended Guatemalan dictator General Efraín Ríos Montt as he oversaw a campaign of mass murder and torture of indigenous people in Guatemala in the 1980s. Ríos Montt was later convicted of genocide. Abrams was also linked to the 2002 coup in Venezuela that attempted to topple Hugo Chávez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrcT3GJuh0A
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

QuoteAs the Trump administration continues its attempt to oust Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro, the U.S. has imposed a de facto embargo on oil from Venezuela’s state-run oil company. The new sanctions include exemptions for several U.S. firms, including Chevron and Halliburton, to allow them to continue working in Venezuela. We speak with prize-winning investigative journalist Allan Nairn about the push to privatize Venezuela’s oil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wifJII9W6ZI
God Not Found

Baruch

Winning, not whining.  And where is your Che t-shirt?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 30, 2019, 01:40:01 PM
Forget taxing the assets. I'd be satisfied if we just took away all the numerous loopholes the rich use to avoid taxation on their massive incomes.
I'd recommend a transaction tax on market trades; they don't have to be large because of the volume involved, they encourage buying and selling based on longer-term thinking, and they provide a disincentive to day-trading and other forms of market churn.

Also with regard to tax rates... mine run about 25% between fed, state and city at my income level, and then my refunds take it down to about 18%.  But I'd much rather make $100,000 a year and pay 35%, or a million a year and pay 50%, even after refunds.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for someone bitching and moaning about their taxes when their net is ten, fifty, a hundred times my gross.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on February 01, 2019, 06:49:51 PM
Winning, not whining.  And where is your Che t-shirt?
Odd that you should say that, for you are the biggest whiner on this board, as well as the biggest setter of false  equivalents.  I'd rather wear a Che t-shirt than own one of trump, reagan, or  any bush.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 01, 2019, 09:12:53 PM
Odd that you should say that, for you are the biggest whiner on this board, as well as the biggest setter of false  equivalents.  I'd rather wear a Che t-shirt than own one of trump, reagan, or  any bush.

All things are equal, in Newspeak.   There are no false equivalents.  I don't whine about Obama or Trump, do I?  I mock those who are grown men and women, who whine though.  Adults are like children after all, they can't get over themselves.  And I deliberately used a Trumptard word "winning".  I don't know that I am winning ... like I said, things have pretty much sucked since 1963.  I had high hopes, but my doctor removed those tumors some time ago.

Yes, you do have a reflexive hate of Republicans.  I pretend I have a reflexive hate of Democrats, just to crowd please here.  As was recently observed, I am a radical centrist.  I am my own Che.  If people here had a reflexive hatred of Democrats, I would knock Republicans.  Did you hear about the 2016 Republican Presidential candidate line up?  I did too, wasn't too funny, was it?  JEB is our one true messiah.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 30, 2019, 01:40:01 PM
Forget taxing the assets. I'd be satisfied if we just took away all the numerous loopholes the rich use to avoid taxation on their massive incomes.

Taxing assets would free the most extreme wealthy inheritors (who have no technical income) of the burden of their wealth.  LOL!  Let's say you are a Walmart child and have $50M in untaxable assets.  Would you even notice a 2% tax on that?  Oh sure, you might scream about it, but could you actually notice the difference?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 03, 2019, 02:02:20 AM
Taxing assets would free the most extreme wealthy inheritors (who have no technical income) of the burden of their wealth.  LOL!  Let's say you are a Walmart child and have $50M in untaxable assets.  Would you even notice a 2% tax on that?  Oh sure, you might scream about it, but could you actually notice the difference?

Multinationals .. how do you tax assets in other countries?  Reciprocal taxation?  The US is one of the biggest tax dodges for non-Americans around.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 03, 2019, 03:38:06 AM
Multinationals .. how do you tax assets in other countries?  Reciprocal taxation?  The US is one of the biggest tax dodges for non-Americans around.

That's pretty odd, considering that most Republicans/conservatives think that corporate inversion is one of the biggest threats to the US tax base.  That's where US corporations are fleeing overseas.  But yet you think the US is the best place to dodge taxes...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 03, 2019, 04:56:16 AM
That's pretty odd, considering that most Republicans/conservatives think that corporate inversion is one of the biggest threats to the US tax base.  That's where US corporations are fleeing overseas.  But yet you think the US is the best place to dodge taxes...

They are already there (MS and Apple in China).  But many non-US companies/individuals flee here (see Wyoming).

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/wyoming-state-income-tax.html
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Desperate Trump goes full fundie

QuoteThe president’s remarks focused on areas where the evangelical community say the president has delivered for them, which includes appointing conservative judges and taking an anti-abortion stance.

“Children, born and unborn, are made in the holy image of God,” the president said as the room erupted in applause. “Every life is sacred and every soul is a precious gift from heaven, as the Lord says,” he continued, echoing comments he made in Tuesday's State of the Union address.

QuoteAt one point during his remarks, the president appeared to misspeak or misread from the Teleprompter and touted the "abolition of civil rights" as an accomplishment led by "people of faith."

"I will never let you down," the president said to the room.
This is curiously timed as his approval rating sunk low this January.  I guess if you're badly in need of a sucker, it's convenient to have reliable brand at the ready.

Unbeliever

I don't think he misspoke or misread from the teleprompter - evangelicals are trying to abolish civil rights and create a theocracy in America.
God Not Found

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 07, 2019, 02:08:58 PM
I don't think he misspoke or misread from the teleprompter - evangelicals are trying to abolish civil rights and create a theocracy in America.
Nah.  They're the real victims here.  Between regular Starbucks cups, "Happy Holidays" said by some people around the holidays, evolution taught in schools, and abortion theoretically legal (abortion access is suspiciously worsening somehow), evangelical Christians - the only true Christians - are under full attack by liberals in all their satanic fury.  I suppose evangelicals can console themselves with regular access to the POTUS, though that seems like such a small redress for all the persecution they've suffered.

Unbeliever

Yeah, all those poor persecuted God-botherers finally have a messiah in the White House!
God Not Found

Blackleaf

Funny. I thought Trump said during his campaign that he had no intention of reversing abortion because "the Supreme Court already made their decision." Does this mean the President...lied? *Gasp*
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--