News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Quote from: trdsf on November 23, 2018, 04:05:56 PM
Well, we all know how much Republicans hate government business being conducted over private emails, right?

Let's all wait for them to start chanting "Lock her up!" again.

While you're at it, lock him up too.

And while we can't lock him up for this, just how fucking stupid does he have to be before Republicans admit he's fucking stupid?

At least a few Republicans have admitted he's stupid, and have even left the party. I don't know how many, though, and certainly it's not nearly enough.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Green Bottle on November 18, 2018, 03:01:06 PM
https://youtu.be/KNCJCnHGHKM
Oh well, who would pay attention to her?  She can't even speak right American.  ;)
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Yeah, but she's fun to listen to!
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 24, 2018, 01:39:53 PM
At least a few Republicans have admitted he's stupid, and have even left the party. I don't know how many, though, and certainly it's not nearly enough.

LOCK THEM UP, LOCK THEM UP...Yeah, I know that's stupid, but it would be fair play.  Fortunately, most of us don't play that schoolyard game. 

Have you noticed that the only Republicans who criticize Trump are those who are retiring or been ousted from office?  And even THEY are cautious because his tweets could ruin their new lobbyist job?

A truly functional government will depend on those who owe Trump nothing.

Unbeliever

I hope there will soon come a time when all those rabid Trump fans will realize they've been had for a song. Maybe then we'll get things back to "normal."

But I won't hold my breath.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 24, 2018, 02:01:15 PM
I hope there will soon come a time when all those rabid Trump fans will realize they've been had for a song. Maybe then we'll get things back to "normal."

But I won't hold my breath.

I won't hold my breath.  Those Trump fanatics will die of old age thinking they were right.

The problem is that Trump's supporters are basically the stupidest people in the nation and we only learned in 2016 how many of them there really are.  They are the ones who didn't graduate from high school or did and shouldn't have, the angered and stupid, the conspiracy-theorists, the loons who talk to God on the sidewalks, the people who think that mere evolutionary skin-color adaptations (aka "race") matters,  who are convinced everyone is out to get them, who fear change in their small hard lives (and I know about that), and who have 20 years of inedible dried food in a garage.

I'm really more afraid of them than I am Trump.  Trump will be re-elected or not and he will be gone one way or another in the normal course of politics. 

But they will remain...

Unbeliever

Sounds like a horror movie! The next Republican wanna-be-dictator that comes along after Trump may be able to harness the power of the deplorables even better than Trump.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 24, 2018, 02:23:31 PM
Sounds like a horror movie! The next Republican wanna-be-dictator that comes along after Trump may be able to harness to power of the deplorables even better than Trump.

Or harness the Zombie Hillary, or the Commie Bernie?  The E and W coast of the US ... large populations of liberals, convenient nuclear targets (yes, not just for threatening US citizens for not turning over our guns (see recent California politician).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 24, 2018, 02:23:31 PM
Sounds like a horror movie! The next Republican wanna-be-dictator that comes along after Trump may be able to harness to power of the deplorables even better than Trump.

Every politician learns from the previous successful ones.  It's possible.  I'm not amazed by school yard bullies.  They all learned it from a previous one.  What I wonder about is who was the first one...

I wonder which person will model Trump but do it smoother and better if we don't stop it now?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 24, 2018, 02:36:25 PM
Every politician learns from the previous successful ones.  It's possible.  I'm not amazed by school yard bullies.  They all learned it from a previous one.  What I wonder about is who was the first one...

I wonder which person will model Trump but do it smoother and better if we don't stop it now?

Adam ...

There is no other person like Trump.  We like smooth talking killers like Obama.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

For those who think GHW Bush was a good president, here's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVPYaQzTjho
God Not Found

Baruch

Like any good President, Bush Sr was a good killer.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Well, that is the Hatch Act ...

https://www.fda.gov/aboutfda/workingatfda/ethics/ucm071602.htm

For Federal employees and contractors ... we have limited rights (while at work).  So you think you can simply not do your job, and campaign for candidate X, while at work?  Or against a sitting President (who is CinC)?  And for a military person, your political rights are even more restricted, because you are under discipline even when not on duty?

Off duty ... Federal non-uniform employees, and contractors can do what they want, so long as it isn't on government time and not with government supplies.  Crossing the line?  If you have the privilege of taking a government laptop home, to work form home ... you can't use that laptop for partisan activities.  But you can buy your own computer, and use that.

Otherwise we have to have the spoils system .. the D party has to fire all R party employees when they come to power, and vice versa.

IMHO ... I don't support the notion of political rights in the first place, but that is a minority opinion.  I support the notion of political obligations.  I don't support rebels, revolutionaries, anarchists, assassins, criminals ... IMHO ... they have no rights.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

“I have decided to stop taking offense at the suggestion that we are buying influence. Now I simply concede the point. They are right. We do expect something in return. We expect to foster a conservative governing philosophy consisting of limited government and respect for traditional American virtues. We expect a return on our investment."
Betsy DeVos, Secretary of Education

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/betsy-devos-trumps-big-donor-education-secretary

The rich don't even need to pretend any more that they don't expect action for their money.
God Not Found