News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

During the crisis in Puerto Rico Trump has shown an unparalleled level of incompetence. While the people are in survival mode after the wind of 3 hurricanes, the best Trump can do is say they should be helping themselves. Do we really want an ignoramus in the Whie House? The Constitution gives Congress authority to impeach the president for any reason; no crime necessary.

If the Republitards in Congress are to yellow-bellied to do the right thing and get rid of the worst president in our history, shouldn't we start recalling our representatives.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM
During the crisis in Puerto Rico Trump has shown an unparalleled level of incompetence. While the people are in survival mode after the wind of 3 hurricanes, the best Trump can do is say they should be helping themselves. Do we really want an ignoramus in the Whie House? The Constitution gives Congress authority to impeach the president for any reason; no crime necessary.

If the Republitards in Congress are to yellow-bellied to do the right thing and get rid of the worst president in our history, shouldn't we start recalling our representatives.

The best comment I heard on TV this week was not whether Trump knew Puerto Rico was a part of the US last year or last week, but whether he understands it even NOW. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Shiranu

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 01:30:19 AM
The best comment I heard on TV this week was not whether Trump knew Puerto Rico was a part of the US last year or last week, but whether he understands it even NOW. 

Ouch.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 01:30:19 AM

Unclear actually.  We gave the people citizenship in 1917, to prevent the German navy from occupying it.  But it is a commonwealth, same as Philippines was shortly before WW II ... so no, PR isn't part of the US, it isn't a territory like American Samoa.  PR terrorists who tried to assassinate President Truman didn't think it was.  Is John McCain an American, since he was born in the Panama Canal Zone?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 01, 2017, 10:50:13 AM
Unclear actually.  We gave the people citizenship in 1917, to prevent the German navy from occupying it.  But it is a commonwealth, same as Philippines was shortly before WW II ... so no, PR isn't part of the US, it isn't a territory like American Samoa.  PR terrorists who tried to assassinate President Truman didn't think it was.  Is John McCain an American, since he was born in the Panama Canal Zone?

I offer you an informatice quote from Wikipedia:

"Puerto Rican citizenship was first legislated by the United States Congress in Article 7 of the Foraker Act of 1900 and later recognized in the Constitution of Puerto Rico. Puerto Rican citizenship existed before the U.S. takeover of the islands of Puerto Rico and continued afterwards. Its affirmative standing was also recognized before and after the creation of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico in 1952.  Puerto Rican citizenship was recognized by the United States Congress in the early twentieth century and continues unchanged after the creation of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico."
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 10:55:15 AM
I offer you an informatice quote from Wikipedia:

"Puerto Rican citizenship was first legislated by the United States Congress in Article 7 of the Foraker Act of 1900 and later recognized in the Constitution of Puerto Rico. Puerto Rican citizenship existed before the U.S. takeover of the islands of Puerto Rico and continued afterwards. Its affirmative standing was also recognized before and after the creation of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico in 1952.  Puerto Rican citizenship was recognized by the United States Congress in the early twentieth century and continues unchanged after the creation of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico."

Error Will Robinson ... we took over Puerto Rico in 1898 in the Spanish American War.  So they were US citizens before the US takeover?  I think they mean after the Commonwealth was established in 1948-52 by President Truman.  Before that the President ruled Puerto Rico as the King of Spain had done previously.

"and the Jones Act of 1917, which made Puerto Ricans U.S. citizens" also from Wikipedia.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

I wasnt talking about citizenship. Now that you brought it up I will have to look up citizenship for Puerto Ricans. I don't know the details of the relationship of the U.S. and Puerto Rico, but clearly if we are going to call them a territory we have an obligation to provide emergency assistance for the major disaster they are now in.

Maybe people can overlook Trump being a dumbass while nobody is getting hurt, but nobody should be overlook Trump's behavior in a crisis
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on October 02, 2017, 02:30:32 AM
I wasnt talking about citizenship. Now that you brought it up I will have to look up citizenship for Puerto Ricans. I don't know the details of the relationship of the U.S. and Puerto Rico, but clearly if we are going to call them a territory we have an obligation to provide emergency assistance for the major disaster they are now in.

Maybe people can overlook Trump being a dumbass while nobody is getting hurt, but nobody should be overlook Trump's behavior in a crisis

Technically not a territory like Guam.  A commonwealth ... think British.  But they have the right to secede, unlike California.  So we are providing emergency aide .. but if a D does it .. it is great, if an R does it .. sucks to be you.  Well, we don't know yet if FEMA etc is as bad this time as Katrina, but they were already dealing with Texas and Florida.  So please send all of your ill gotten gain and filthy lucre to a legitimate charity, to help out Puerto Rico.  Or shut your TDS up.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: fencerider on September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM
worst president in our history,

Dude, any president from the 80's and earlier would be hated even more than Trump if they were president today. It's not that the current POTUS is the worst - it's that the current political climate is more sensitive to bigotry (perceived or real) than ever before. But as far as policies and public image go, Trump is far more progressive than politicians were 30 years ago.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 02, 2017, 11:59:36 AM
Dude, any president from the 80's and earlier would be hated even more than Trump if they were president today. It's not that the current POTUS is the worst - it's that the current political climate is more sensitive to bigotry (perceived or real) than ever before. But as far as policies and public image go, Trump is far more progressive than politicians were 30 years ago.
You are so right on!  Why just yesterday I saw him (or should it be Him) walking on water.....................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 02, 2017, 12:34:40 PM
You are so right on!  Why just yesterday I saw him (or should it be Him) walking on water.....................

Before you post you should consider whether the content of your would-be post adds more to the forum space than it takes away. You never create dialogue. You just sarcastically agree with everyone who you disagree with.

Here, this would be a good read for you, so you may improve your contributions:

https://alfredmacdonald.com/2012/12/26/dissecting-the-frog-on-sarcastic-paraphrase/

(It's actually a good read for anyone who enjoys argumentation, or anyone who enjoys observing it.)

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 02, 2017, 12:48:05 PM
Before you post you should consider whether the content of your would-be post adds more to the forum space than it takes away. You never create dialogue. You just sarcastically agree with everyone who you disagree with.

https://alfredmacdonald.com/2012/12/26/dissecting-the-frog-on-sarcastic-paraphrase/

(It's actually a good read for anyone who enjoys argumentation, or anyone who enjoys observing it.)
I would engage you in dialogue except trying to talk to you about your new ruler Trump would be as productive as trying to dissuade a theist their god is a fiction.  Why bother?   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 02, 2017, 12:50:57 PM
I would engage you in dialogue except trying to talk to you about your new ruler Trump would be as productive as trying to dissuade a theist their god is a fiction.  Why bother?   

Saying you won't engage someone in debate on the grounds that their position is unchanging is certainly a good tactic to avoid losing arguments and having to change your position.

But seriously read that page.

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 02, 2017, 11:59:36 AM

How soon we forget.  Also ... All D presidents were wonderful (said by a D supporter).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 02, 2017, 12:48:05 PM

I much prefer sarcasm and wit, to decapitation by the Inquisition of the DNC or RNC.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.