News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

NFL & Trump

Started by Mike Cl, September 30, 2017, 12:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2017, 04:09:49 AM
Your snark should be embarrassing to you.

i am shameless.  If I were evil, I would kill millions.  Fortunately for all of us, I am not evil.  I just slept overnight at a Caligula Inn Express.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 04, 2017, 09:34:08 PM
i am shameless.  If I were evil, I would kill millions.  Fortunately for all of us, I am not evil.  I just slept overnight at a Caligula Inn Express.

I hope they served free wafflles.  With poison ivy syrup.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

chill98

Baruch

The NFL perhaps wants their own country.  Let them have Wake Island.  Then leave their privileged asses there.  Let them contemplate, what the Americans, outnumbered and without any hope of relief, did to fight the Japanese Navy and Marines.

As it is, the NFL is in the process of reversing their own position, because they realize this SJW shit is bad for business.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

I just think they would like it if their kids weren't being gunned down by police in the playground or if their sons weren't being shot while sitting in a car or walking across the street or just running scared. Sounds reasonable to me. What good is all the hoopla, flags and fancy parades if it applies to everyone else but you?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on October 10, 2017, 09:09:55 PM
I just think they would like it if their kids weren't being gunned down by police in the playground or if their sons weren't being shot while sitting in a car or walking across the street or just running scared. Sounds reasonable to me. What good is all the hoopla, flags and fancy parades if it applies to everyone else but you?

War is peace.  Life is death.  Get over the American dream already.  If you don't like what police are doing ... don't wine, do something.  Go to Police Academy, make a funny cop spoof ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 10, 2017, 09:35:26 PM
War is peace.  Life is death.  Get over the American dream already.  If you don't like what police are doing ... don't wine, do something.  Go to Police Academy, make a funny cop spoof ...

And you embarrassing to most people.  The routine killing of people of color by police is horrible, wrong, and against everything I think about the rule of law.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 02:02:22 AM
And you embarrassing to most people.  The routine killing of people of color by police is horrible, wrong, and against everything I think about the rule of law.

You are SJW then?  You think that cops routinely, based on job, not color, go looking to kill Black teens?  You have KKK on the brain.  The cops know, the real thugs have guns.  If Trayvon had been a real thug, Zimmerman would have been jumped by a dozen other Bloods, all heavily armed.  Zimmerman's trial would have been unnecessary.  Tragedy happens, cops make mistakes.  So lets kill all the cops then?  There are little old White ladies gunned down by mistake by cops, so why don't we have LOWLM?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

And because there's no situation that Asshole can't make worse, is everyone familiar with his threat to take away the NFL's tax breaks if they don't toe his personal line on "patriotism"?

*sigh*

I just can't in good conscience avoid using the word 'fascist' anymore.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

chill98

Quote from: aitm on October 10, 2017, 09:09:55 PM

Your right!  Kids shouldn't be gunned down at a playground regardless of whos doing the shooting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=playground+shooting

We do have playground shootings and police are very aware of this.

QuoteOne reason for the lack of prosecution and subsequent conviction begins with the Supreme Court’s legal standard for use of lethal force. According to Graham v. Connor, the landmark 1989 case that established the standard, each “use of force must be judged from the perspective of a reasonable officer on the scene, rather than with the 20/20 vision of hindsight.” The ruling specifically cautions against judging police too harshly for split-second decisions made in “tense, uncertain and rapidly evolving” situations. All of this gives officers plenty of leeway to explain why their actions were legal.

It is the exact same issue as 'safe spaces' and 'micro-aggression', only in this particular job the systemic priority is on the safety of the state actor (police).  Any perceived threat justifies the use of extreme force, which is why juries all over the place, while following the judicial instruction, keep returning not guilty verdicts.

All these juries have been conditioned via many aspects of real life, work, school, trickle down to in their very homes, about not hurting anyones feelings, cant say "I like your hair/dress" because it may be perceived in a way unintended... 

So all an officer has to do is say "I felt threatened" and the jury, via real life conditioning and the defense attorney pounding the reality of the police [potential danger in every call], has no choice but return the not guilty verdict.

So the burden is upon the civilian to ensure that an officer cannot perceive a threat, a condition whos bar has been lowered by the SJW's activities in creating 'social justice'.  Which is ultimately why Kaepernick is attacking the wrong end of the issue.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 11, 2017, 07:10:44 AM
You are SJW then?  You think that cops routinely, based on job, not color, go looking to kill Black teens?  You have KKK on the brain.  The cops know, the real thugs have guns.  If Trayvon had been a real thug, Zimmerman would have been jumped by a dozen other Bloods, all heavily armed.  Zimmerman's trial would have been unnecessary.  Tragedy happens, cops make mistakes.  So lets kill all the cops then?  There are little old White ladies gunned down by mistake by cops, so why don't we have LOWLM?

There are times when you make vague sense.  This is not one of those times. 

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on October 11, 2017, 11:01:34 AM
And because there's no situation that Asshole can't make worse, is everyone familiar with his threat to take away the NFL's tax breaks if they don't toe his personal line on "patriotism"?

*sigh*

I just can't in good conscience avoid using the word 'fascist' anymore.

Outlaw the NFL and even Canadian NFL.  Make soccer mandatory!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

chill98

Cavebear

Quote from: chill98 on October 12, 2017, 12:31:55 PM

Free speech and free actions related to speech can be awkward.  But they don't count JUST when they agree with your views.  They also count when you don't like them.

Shiranu

Quote from: chill98 on October 12, 2017, 12:31:55 PM

That's funny mainly because out of all the sports in America, football is far-and-away the most utterly regressive and socially backwards there is.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur