Def/ Christianity #2 , destruction of false Buddhist claims about Christianity

Started by Ibn Khaldun, September 29, 2017, 11:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ibn Khaldun

This is going to hurt really bad. Christian haters are going to raise hell. Expect whining about Text wall and shit . but hey to debunk claims requires detailed treatment . this is going to be serious trampling on false claims  session. Brace yourself. Load up on ice cream.   

I will begin with a very brief but accurate exposition of Buddhism , stripped down to the bones . shit is easily verifiable on the net . I will however  provide sources and back up when I deem it is necessary .I don’t see anything wrong with that since there are people here making all kind of claims undermining Christianity without back up. I being better than them will provide back up that are essential or beyond your abilities to find or locate by yourself ..   
Scholarly take  on Buddha today  is that he was born in  4th century BC .   so a person referred to as Buddha is said to have been born in the 4th century BC .

Buddha  was born in north India , in Nepal .  the actual name of the legend was  Siddhartha Gautama . His dad  name was  suddhodana . he was king/ruler  of some Indian tribe/clan,  the shakya clan of  Nepal. His mother Maya was princes . 
Early childhood background. He lived a princely affluent life .

The  Buddhacarita  is the oldest manuscript/book that talks about Buddha and  it goes back to the 2nd century AD. Note by that time the NT was well spread out and had actually  reached India.

The story goes Siddhartha  was on an outing with his dad , a god appeared to him , one time as someone who was ill , next as someone who was up in age and third time as someone dead. Each time  sidd asks the driver of his chariot what’s up with that shit ayo trip ,  and the driver says shit to the  effect …… illness ends life, life ends with old age , and people destined  to die  .   Sidd concludes  life is not worth living and he leaves  the palace to seek the truth and he became a student of some bozo called alara Kalama who was like his  spiritual guide and they did that sit on your ass all day do nothing  meditation crap  that’s supposed  to change the inner self  , but that in actuality is  about cancelling the self shit and self existence . Then he went to another bozo   and continued with the same crap until he reached such lofty heights that he ate only half roll of bread a day . then he went and sat under a tree determined  not to leave and continue to sit under that tree until he finds the truth .he sat like that for 48 days and  he acquired enlightenment and became Buddha and he became free from shit like emotions and material things and  the jackpot  was that he  became free  from cycle of reincarnations albeit by self annihilation and dissolving in the cosmos .  .

They got four disastrous and dangerous  principles. One  is that  life is suffering and not worth living . The second shit  is that the reason for the suffering is possessiveness. That is attachment to things not only material mind you  but significantly the whole gambit good or bad . The third you can fight  suffering by fighting any kind of possessive tendencies . lastly you continue to  fight that shit and desires and attachments and whatnot until you reach  nirvana .

Conclusion,  Siddhartha   method is  to cancel and obliterate  the human personality . a failed philosophy from a failed civilization which it caused to fail.

Note by contrast   Christianity teaches life in terms of hope and joy .Christianity is spiritual shit . On Easter his holiness Pope Francis enjoined the people to go out there and proclaim a message of hope and joy and mercy .Christ has risen . the man came back and when he did he didn’t come back as an iguana . he came back in his  good ole bi pedal divine self.

Story continues … Siddhartha  forms a small following. His dad sends him messengers to ask him to come back home but  they convert to Buddhism and join the show . Then he goes home but instead of to see his dad he goes into town where he begs for living  . so Buddha was a bum. Pan handler . lived free as a prince and continued to live free as beggar. Enlightenment  for bummers .enrichment on public assistance.   

Anyways the Buddha ends by dissolving into the cosmos . a way to escape the cycles of reincarnation,  but with one major defect. Who do you talk to ? there is no Buddha no more to talk to. Buddha managed to cancel himself altogether .   Just like Brahma was useless to  Hinduism , Buddha was useless to the Buddhist. And just like Hinduism , Buddhism started to invent and construct gods that you can talk to  . where they got them from ? from Christianity of course. The reformation and evolution took place in AD. Basically it was to fill the empty space left by nowhere man Buddha  and they filled the space with Jesus .

And Buddhism just like Hinduism branched into a zillion directions.  And the shit was chaotic . shit branched in all direction . its headache. You need to watch out for that . the confusion created by the wild process  is employed to confuse so as to  peddle shit. 

But roughly here is how it went down.  The Buddhist monks in the south  constructed a loving god whom they called Maitreya with some earthly name I don’t recall what . but basically a present god they could communicate with and worship  .  in the north they constructed another god whom they called adi Buddha as  an eternal god and they made Buddha his incarnation . In terms of this  north god , good works and pilgrims  and worship of bones gets the person into heaven . In china they constructed another shit , tabha or some shit  and made him  master of paradise .

So the copying from Christianity was in terms of inventing  accessible gods flavored with Jesus and Christian concept of god who  that took the place of vanished in the cosmos Buddha . I mean one aspect of the copying . of course they copied more than that .

Lets take a look  at the spread of Buddhism which is favorite with some of the brainwashed by Higgins clowns , that Buddhism spread to middle east .

Buddhism  spread in India under Asoka around between 230 to 300 BC and to areas adjacent to  India like Sri lanka . but that as far as it spread ,and  not even as far as next door  China . Several centuries later , in 67 AD  ,.emperor Ming-Ti invited the Buddhist and that’s when Buddhism entered china. In the 4th century AD Buddhism entered Korea and Japan in the 6th century AD and in Tibet it entered in the 7th century AD. The shit never reached Greece or middle east

the claim that Buddhism spread to  the middle east is an unhistorical claim.

1-There are no Buddhist manuscript that claim Buddhism spread west towards Greece where Christianity flourished.

2- Unlike what Higgins (refer to my OP, defender of christainty) claimed Greece , Egypt and Palestine  are  devoid of any Buddhist ruins, or manuscripts or Buddhist temples or any mention of a Buddhist person or groups. None whatsoever .

The 1st mention of Buddhism was made by Clement of Alexandria , the traveler, who said among the Hindus in India  there are philosophers who follow decrees of Buddha whom  they honor as a god .  (Clement of Alexandria , stromata ,miscellaneous , Book I , Chapter XV ) 

There are absolutely no mention of worship of  Buddha in Egypt or Palestine as that wacko Higgins maintained  (refer to my OP , defender of Christianity)

The early Christian fathers  were obsessed and fanatical about debunking and countering  heresies  and all other religions and just about everything big and small but they never  answered  Buddhism which is  sure sign the shit wasn’t there .they answered every shit that was not Christian but they never answered Buddhism . shit like life is suffering and not worth living would have been countered . Shit like  dissolve in the  cosmos would has raised many a brow . Reincarnation back as cockroach would have been noticed .  Nothing, not one thing . not so much as excuse me  , or what the fuck was that  again,coming  from the early Christian fathers . why ? because the shit wasn’t there . because Higgins was a clown , lunatic .not one damn rebuttal or retort . this by itself is damning evidence against Buddhism in the middle east . 
The spread of Christianity in 1st,2nd,3rd in north India suggest strongly that Christianity influenced Buddhism specially since Christian manuscripts /gospel books pre date Buddhist ones.

Now earlier scholars used to go along with the Buddhist manuscripts  claims as to dates and geography ,etc.   but today no scholar does that .they reject Buddhist claims  . For back up on that , check as one of several sources    …Donald Lopez, Buddhism in practice ,Princeton university , 1995 press . pp  16

All scholars today are agreed that the writing of Buddhist manuscripts began no earlier than four centuries after Buddha  and that Buddhist monks changed shit and added to the shit specially  in terms of Buddha life .check Michael Carrithers , the Buddha , pages 13-14, founders of faith, Oxford press. Guy got some great read on Buddha

Fact of the matter modern scholars reject  Buddhists tradition  that the first Buddhist texts writings ( the shit called pall canon   )began in 50 BC,  in the 4th Buddhist counsel in Sri Lanka  . scholars no longer accept the Buddhist narrative .   Again refer to Michael Carrithers

I got more , much more to say on that . but look  here is the issue . Despite the existence of literacy and hundreds of thousands of temples and the hundred of thousand of monks through the centuries , and despite the spread of the shit in china , all Buddhist  Manuscripts we have today go back only to between  11th century  AD to 12th  century AD. How come?
Thats why many scholars today are of the opinion that those manuscripts originate from ones that were concocted in the 8th century AD.  And even if we accept that the oldest Buddhist manuscript is  Buddhacarita  and goes back to the 2nd century AD , we do not have that manuscript. What we have is a copy.

There no fucking manuscripts guys ! this is a fucking major religion with millions of followers and  no fucking manuscripts except ones  after 11th  century AD . how come tens of millions  haven’t jerked off manuscripts like in other religions ???
Let me give you a  run down of their manuscripts

Buddhism , north India and Nepal. They worship Buddha as high god. They got shit in Sanskrit. Tri-pitaka and contains
1-   Saddharma  pundarika
2-   Buddhacarita
3-   lalita vistara

the oldest of these reportedly is the buddhacarita that is 2nd century AD . but that manuscript is not around . what we have is 11th century manuscript. the buddhacarita was written by an Indian  poet and philosopher by the name asvaghosa and was written after the NT by at least a hundred years . 

Buddhism in the south and cylan has the ti-pitaka , written in Pali  and it means the three baskets which are
1-   Vinaya pitaka
2-   Sutta pitaka
3-   Abhidhyamma

Again the Buddhist tradition is that the Buddhists started writing some fo these  in 50 BC , which is something scholars now reject that claim and instead maintain  those manuscripts go to 8th  century AD  .

In the south they also have the Mahavansa and dipavansa narrating the history of Buddhism. They go to the 5th century AD.
All the fucking manuscripts available go back only to the 11th  century AD . contrast that with Christianity and you got numerous manuscripts by the end of 1st century AD and beginning of 2nd century AD.

Zillions of temples, zillions of monks and despite the ability to write and read and we only got shit that goes back to only 11th  century AD

That’s why scholars to day say that those Buddhist could not possibly go earlier than the 8Th century
just imagine what those bozos would say if the oldest NT we have went back to only the 11th century AD.? Just imagine the shit they kick up the.

I should end this shit now . I am so disgusted .  I am not finished trampling on you . I want to take that shit that  buddhacarita and tear that shit up. There are also the lies  that Buddha resembles Jesus to tear  apart. But that will take as long as the shit I wrote so far . I like tearing shit  apart. I always  have . 

Hey you may go ahead and derail and talk shit . this OP is a TKO

Blackleaf

Still not reading anything that long. Learn to be more concise in your writing or stop wasting our time.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Ibn Khaldun

stop clogging the post with  nonsense  remarks  hapless humar . The subject matter is immense . it can’t be condensed more than that

why don't you go write  one ? put your money where your mouth is

okay first whinner . next case .

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Blackleaf

Quote from: Ibn Khaldun on September 29, 2017, 11:44:16 AM
stop clogging the post with  nonsense  remarks  hapless humar . The subject matter is immense . it can’t be condensed more than that

why don't you go write  one ? put your money where your mouth is

okay first whinner . next case .

Yes. Exactly like that. Now if you can keep your verbal diarrhea condensed, maybe we can work on your arguments being a little less brainless.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Ibn Khaldun

Baruch

The interaction between S Asia, Persia, Iraq, Syria and Israel (to give their modern names) is long and complex.  Historiographers are propagandists ... their first propaganda is what they choose to not mention.  Then they twist that which they choose to mention, to match their conclusion that they know ahead of time.

Plain observation of the mix of cultures from what is now Egypt/Turkey all the way over to Pakistan/India would tell you that Judaism 2000 years ago, was influenced by the the pagan cultures all around, it was impure relative to the false origin told by the rabbis.  Also the Hellenistic Jews were even more impure, being more open to foreign influence.  And as noted in another string ... the results of religious speculation are usually gnostic ... and might be arrived at by trance, group discussion, drug abuse, magical practices like scrying etc.  That is how they originate today ... and out of their surrounding matrix.  Judaism in its various forms of 2000 years ago, arose in the context of multiple pagan cultures.  And with both Hindus and Buddhists in the area, for 300 years before the so called apostles, one can see how that got there, that an the easy access to Babylon and sister cities in Iraq.  Compare to the many mahdis that have occurred in N Africa over the last 1400 years ... and one can see a common pattern.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Apparently he is not fond of Buddhism, from what I could gather amongst that smattering of schmeg.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on September 29, 2017, 02:10:05 PM
Apparently he is not fond of Buddhism, from what I could gather amongst that smattering of schmeg.

Of course if he were Catholic, he wouldn't acknowledge that Jesus was Isa ... and was trained in, left, and returned to Srinagar in Kashmir, where he is presently buried ... in a Buddhist tomb.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Ibn Khaldun on September 29, 2017, 11:28:11 AM
This is going to hurt really bad. Christian haters are going to raise hell. Expect whining about Text wall and shit . but hey to debunk claims requires detailed treatment . this is going to be serious trampling on false claims  session. Brace yourself. Load up on ice cream.   

I should end this shit now . I am so disgusted .  I am not finished trampling on you .
Hey you may go ahead and derail and talk shit . this OP is a TKO

No ice cream needed, I live healthier than that just because I like healthier foods.

You should have ended "this shit" before you posted.  Your posts are going almost completely unread.

What little I read of your posts is mostly rambling nonsense and bad grammar.  I don't read them; most other members don't seem to, either.

Do us a favor and stop posting chapters on some imaginary book you are writing.  Trust me, no one is reading the chapters or will buy the book.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Ibn Khaldun

Its not complex barouch. You ’re old. I can wade around the confusion

Hey  Jesus looks so good everyone  wants a piece of him. Of course they’re going to say he is buried with them. Once we colonize Mars don’t be surprised if they say he is buried in Mars too.

What mahdi  ? old man you’re so behind the times. it’s the Mohammedian  messianic Christian  message these days or haven’t you heard of the republican brothers? .

Thank you barouch for your great wonderful dazzling take.  . as always you never fail to disappoint .

hi there munch . so witty . so what . so pop corn. so soda. so in the jungle the lion with nibbles . hey munch you saw that cartoon movie? did the lion have nipple  munch ? don't lie to me .    papa is no fool he knows  what have been up to.

My OP stands. Strong . I’m strong.

Cavebear

Quote from: Ibn Khaldun on October 01, 2017, 05:59:54 AM
Its not complex barouch. You ’re old. I can wade around the confusion

Hey  Jesus looks so good everyone  wants a piece of him. Of course they’re going to say he is buried with them. Once we colonize Mars don’t be surprised if they say he is buried in Mars too.

What mahdi  ? old man you’re so behind the times. it’s the Mohammedian  messianic Christian  message these days or haven’t you heard of the republican brothers? .

Thank you barouch for your great wonderful dazzling take.  . as always you never fail to disappoint .

My OP stands. Strong . I’m strong.

In my personal opinion, you are not "strong"; you are an idiot.

BTW, Baruch isn't my favorite person in the world (but compared to you he is the religious soul of sanity), but could you at least spell his name right?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Ibn Khaldun

cavebear stop rambling yourself and put a lid on it. what you need to do first is fix that falsification about  surat al fatiha .two, there are such things as private messages and e mails . three, I posted that shit in 12 sites , all positive reviews except here which means it hit a sensitive nerve. Fourth I collected so far 831 pronouncement /statements made here on this site related to efficacy in terms of indoctrination into Buddhism. 

Barouch is clueless . its starts at public school , in early grades  in art classes  . Usually shit coupled with pets like Chinese new year . year of the rat and year of the rabbit . they get their foot in the door very early on.

Sorry rest you just gonna have to wait for it to be published .

why don't you go write something. lets see what you can do .

what book ?  i churn out that shit in minutes .