News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Jesus Chirst is mah nigga

Started by Nonsensei, February 18, 2013, 10:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gussy

What a range of emotions.  At first I was rolling my eyes and about to turn the video off.  Then comes the first n-bomb and I'm sitting with my mouth agape.  If they were going for shock value then they win.

Jason78

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"
Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"Also, I really can't believe that they said 'nigga'.

Everyone says the word nigger nowadays.  It doesn't have the racist overtones that it used to have.  Much like the word gay has lost its homophobic connotations.

Um.

No.

They don't.

Well maybe not everyone.  You do see a lot of people using both words in everyday language though.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Savior2006

The sad part is they're still better than Lil' Wayne.
Edit: LOL, with this 420 post picture.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Mermaid

I....Um. I.

Uh. I can't breathe. No seriously.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

Quote from: "NitzWalsh"
Quote from: "_Xenu_"For anyone that finds amusement in this video, here's another one that will make you laugh.

(cant embed video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kcpO8Or32o

That is disturbing. Makes me want to go check my thetan levels.
I am going to pass out from hypoxia. I swear to Christ.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"Also, I really can't believe that they said 'nigga'.

Everyone says the word nigger nowadays.  It doesn't have the racist overtones that it used to have.  
No they don't and yes it does.

Hydra009

Quote from: "Mermaid"I....Um. I.

Uh. I can't breathe. No seriously.
At least it's not this.   :P  (Give it a sec to load.  It's worth it.)

Nonsensei

I have to admit sometimes i feel the urge to roll my eyes at black people who throw a fit whenever a white person says nigger.

Probably because they call each other niggers every third sentence. Either a word is offensive or it isn't. Filtering your offense based on the source is its own sort of racism. None of my ancestors were slave owners, so black people don't actually have any legitimate reason to get mad at me but not Tyrone for saying the word.

But they do. Because my skin is white.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Davka

Quote from: "Nonsensei"I have to admit sometimes i feel the urge to roll my eyes at black people who throw a fit whenever a white person says nigger.

Probably because they call each other niggers every third sentence. Either a word is offensive or it isn't. Filtering your offense based on the source is its own sort of racism. None of my ancestors were slave owners, so black people don't actually have any legitimate reason to get mad at me but not Tyrone for saying the word.

But they do. Because my skin is white.
It has nothing to do with ancestry. It has to do with the fact that when a white person calls a black person "nigger," there's a whole huge pile of baggage attached to it. Baggage like "I'm better than you," and like "you are no better than an animal," and so on.

My ancestors were busy being shat upon by the British while Americans were fighting over slavery, but that doesn't mean I get to call black people "nigger." Because if I were to do that, it would not be a friendly word. Not at all.

wolf39us

That was... I don't even know what to say.

@nonsensei  I also agree that being offended ONLY by white people when the word "nigga" is being used is it's own sort of racism no matter how you cut it.  I don't use the word myself, because it's just too risky and because I have no desire to use the word.  BUT I would like to say how fascinating it is that it's such a bad word in almost all context, but when it comes to rap... boy you know "nigga" rhymes with orange... and every other fucking word in the dictionary!

Draconic Aiur

This takes me back to a Facebook argument some guy and my friend had, with my Latino friend calling this black guy a nigger and I came in and said "guys lets be cool and stop fighting". However the black guy insulted  by calling me a "fucking pussy ass cracker" and then I countered by saying "fuck you asshole" and 20 mins later he threatening to kill me and my friend and sue us both. I thought that was the end until I met him in real life and he spread lies to my brother and his friends at a gathering and swore he would kill me because he believed I called him a nigger. My brother said before he even talked about me he was displaying bigotry for Asians and Mexicans, and didn't really trust him but got him to calm down and prevent the killing and suing(still wants to beat me up tho).

It's amazing how horrible I'm shunned because I have white skin. I live in South Texas and the Latinos look at me and racist because I'm white and disrespect me and my family even though we are against racism and all that ignorant shit. I've been a loner for many years being tortured by this hell, and when I find other people such as blacks and Asians I'm treated like dirt. I find that one day I will stop caring and turn into a bigot( I won't do, but I'm scared of becoming it) or kill myself. I seen all those documentaries about Martin Luther King and think if life were like he preached, it would be a much merrier world.

SvZurich

Draconic, I don't know if you can pull this off, but what I did growing up was outlandishly claim I could blend in and pass with any group.  I'd tell people I am Chinese or Black, and laugh as their brains shut down since I am the whitest person they have ever seen.  I'd walk up to a group of blacks and ask them how they are doing and if I could spend some time chatting with them.  I have always been seen as weird and a smart ass, but I've always been able to strike a conversation and have no issues (save from other white people).

The one time I really was stung by being called racist was by an interracial couple I knew.  They didn't even think their claim through when I pointed out that if I were really racist then I never would have eaten their food in their home on their dishes.  Why was I consider racist?  I am Southern and it seems that I passed his wife and ignored her when she said hi on the pier after we pulled in from a few weeks at sea.  I never saw her.  I was focused on getting away from the boat and getting to the barracks and having a drink to divert my depression from once again having no one on the pier waiting for me.

So because I have tunnel vision when focused, they deemed me a racist.  To this day I pity them and wish them well, but I won't forget or forgive.  They judged me, and earned judgement from me by their act.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

ApostateLois

I got 31 seconds into that video and couldn't take anymore.  >.<

Quote from: "wolf39us"That was... I don't even know what to say.

@nonsensei  I also agree that being offended ONLY by white people when the word "nigga" is being used is it's own sort of racism no matter how you cut it.  I don't use the word myself, because it's just too risky and because I have no desire to use the word.  BUT I would like to say how fascinating it is that it's such a bad word in almost all context, but when it comes to rap... boy you know "nigga" rhymes with orange... and every other fucking word in the dictionary!

I remember riding the bus one day and there were some black girls in the back talking rather loudly about their boyfriends. Every line was "My nigga" this, and "my nigga" that. I was surprised that they would use this very derogatory word as if it were no big deal, even using it to describe someone that I should think they would have some respect for.  How can it be considered respectful? It's what slave owners said to their black slaves. It's the word that white people have used against blacks for two hundred years of oppression and racism, and now blacks have adopted it as just another thing they say to each other. I don't get the psychology behind this. To me, it's like referring to someone as an asshole in every other sentence, and then claiming it's not really an insult.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

gussy

I did my student teaching at a predominately black school.  I heard that word no less than 100 times per day.  One day, I'm walking behind a group of students and they are talking about me.  One of them is having a go at me.  Another student interrupts him and says "Mr. G (me), I like that nigga."  Someone else chimes in "yeah, that niggas alright".  

For those students, the word had lost any negative connotation and could be used to refer to anyone.   If I were a black teacher and was called that by white students it would have been much different.   I think that is the difference.

Atheon

Aaarrrggghhh! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I made it only about 30 seconds in and already I want to run screaming to my grave...
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca