Author Topic: The European-Arab Dialog  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Baruch

Re: The European-Arab Dialog
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2017, 07:28:49 PM »
Well, the modern national borders don't have a whole lot to do with the genetic ones.  The southern French are sort of Italian, the western French are sort of Spanish, and the Northern French are sort of German.  Of course, that means all those other people are sort of French.

I understand why because the Visigoths, the Franks and the Vandals weren't paying attention to current national borders before  they were established (how could they) .  And the Italians aren't Romans.  In fact no one is who they were 1,000 years ago  But I'm sure you know all that.  (coff,coff)

Take something for that cold, it might be catching.
שלום

Online Shiranu

Re: The European-Arab Dialog
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2017, 08:31:09 PM »
Well, the modern national borders don't have a whole lot to do with the genetic ones.  The southern French are sort of Italian, the western French are sort of Spanish, and the Northern French are sort of German.  Of course, that means all those other people are sort of French.

I understand why because the Visigoths, the Franks and the Vandals weren't paying attention to current national borders before  they were established (how could they) .  And the Italians aren't Romans.  In fact no one is who they were 1,000 years ago  But I'm sure you know all that.  (coff,coff) 

Except for (wait for it...) the Mongols. They are always the exception.

(Actually quite a few exceptions, but not many in Europe. The Scots/Irish are first to come to mind, then possibly the Bulgarians and Croats...)
"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..." - Nelson Mandela

"Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be." - Miguel de Cervantes