News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The European-Arab Dialog

Started by pr126, September 29, 2017, 12:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

QuoteAnd most of the koran is the jewish texts and christian bible with some fanaticism thrown in.
I have explained in one of my posts why is this so.
How Muhammad plagiarised from the Jewish and Christian texts.
Because he wanted to recruit the Jews and Christians to his new religion, claiming to be their new prophet.
They refused, and ever since they became mortal enemies of Islam.

Quran 5:51

O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on October 01, 2017, 01:30:25 PM
Because he wanted to recruit the Jews and Christians to his new religion, claiming to be their new prophet.

O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people.

It is nearly impossible to research or compare any religious texts these days.  The internet is utterly drowned in trivial debates of the differences among adherents.  Strange as it may seem, I recall a time when you could actually find sites accurately discussing the evolution and origins of each.  *sigh*
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

You are right, of course. One must know which sites are reliable.
But those sites are "hate sites", declared as lies, misinformation.
Also, Wikipedia can be edited by anyone.
Where religion or politics involved, one must be sceptical of the veracity of the articles.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on October 01, 2017, 01:30:25 PM

Martin Luther developed German anti-semitism for the same reasons.  Luther thought he was the second Coming, the German Christ .. and this requires the Jews to convert to Lutheranism ... and we refused.  Thus the German utopia was put off for a few more centuries!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 01:46:59 PM
It is nearly impossible to research or compare any religious texts these days.  The internet is utterly drowned in trivial debates of the differences among adherents.  Strange as it may seem, I recall a time when you could actually find sites accurately discussing the evolution and origins of each.  *sigh*

Google Search, and even YouTube Search, are uncritical, just as unintelligent as the AI that Google uses.  Originally Yahoo had actual scholars organizing things, but it grew out of control, this weed, this Internet.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on October 01, 2017, 01:55:00 PM
You are right, of course. One must know which sites are reliable.
But those sites are "hate sites", declared as lies, misinformation.
Also, Wikipedia can be edited by anyone.
Where religion or politics involved, one must be sceptical of the veracity of the articles.

Having to be your own skeptic and scholar, what is not to like?  Why be a passive fake news consumer as we have always been in the past.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 06:15:04 AM
I won't deny (and in fact have positively condemned) all religious atrocities.  But you ignore the Islamic ones.

Right, it is all Christianity's fault, in 1500 CE in the New World, that Muslims are dicks in 700 CE in the old world.  The Spanish/Portuguese learned how to be dicks, from the Muslims in the prior 800 years of Muslim occupation.  Thanks to Columbus, they had a new geographic objective, otherwise, the Muslims would have been slaughtered all the way back to Mecca ... not that I would like that of course.  But think of it from the Spanish/Portuguese POV ... the Muslims were at the same technical level as the Spanish/Portuguese ... vs the Native Americans who were mostly in the Stone Age.  Not hard to choose.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on October 01, 2017, 09:19:04 AM
Did you know that Muslims have butchered 80 million Hindus?

Tears of Jihad (Political Islam)

A bit confusing ... there were multiple predators in the Hindu Kush from 400-1200 CE.  Originally the natives were Buddhist in 400 CE.  Pacifists.  Easy to kill, by White Huns (pagans) and Arabs (muslims) and Turks (muslims again).  If Genghis Khan had gone south thru the Khyber Pass, instead to west toward Egypt (under his descendants) .. no Hindu would have been left alive, because they would all think they would reincarnate into a better India.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 08:57:44 AM
Well, first, it is a newer religion.  Christians were as brutal a few centuries ago as moslems are today.  And the christians started more peaceably.

Second, Islam originated in a harsher part of the world.

Third, moslems are more like the early jews who basically organized themselves and then butchered their way into a homeland.

Fourth, christianity only succeeded in  civilized and organized society.  The jews and moslems had neither at their start.

Fifth, the moslems are STILL not in much of an organized society.

Think of the Hindu "assasins'.  Are they still around today?

Assassins were Shia Muslim.  You are thinking of Thugee worshippers of the Goddess Kali.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 09:17:43 AM
My apologies.  The Assassins were most associated with India in my understanding, and I primarily thought of them as from there.  They were both moslem AND hindu.

No, they were mostly Persians.  Not Indians at all.  Thugs were Hindu and Indian.  The center of the Assassins was in N Persia.  Only the Mongols managed to terminate them ... though they live again thru Al Qaida and Isis.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on October 01, 2017, 12:52:36 PM
There is no "golden rule" in Islam. No live and let live. No compromise. No empathy.
The world is divided into believers and unbelievers. Dar al Islam versus dar al harb.
A zero-sum game where there is only winners or losers.

That is just business.  In the end, everyone ends up as a bitch on Prison Planet ... as a play thing for the Plutocracy.  This is the truth behind the Caliphate.  Dancing girls and dancing boys  and wine ... there is a whole apologetic in Islam to explain this disconnect with the Quran.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 01, 2017, 04:06:06 PM
That is just business.  In the end, everyone ends up as a bitch on Prison Planet ... as a play thing for the Plutocracy.  This is the truth behind the Caliphate.  Dancing girls and dancing boys  and wine ... there is a whole apologetic in Islam to explain this disconnect with the Quran.

Sometimes you make less sense than I think you might, and that is little.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2017, 01:39:21 AM
Sometimes you make less sense than I think you might, and that is little.

So are you defending the degenerate caliphate in Baghdad 1000 years ago, or the one in Washington DC, now?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 04, 2017, 07:22:06 AM
So are you defending the degenerate caliphate in Baghdad 1000 years ago, or the one in Washington DC, now?

I do not defend the Baghdad caliphate, of course.  The idea is absurd.  And are you suggesting there is a US caliphate now?  That is equally absurd.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2017, 07:45:05 AM
I do not defend the Baghdad caliphate, of course.  The idea is absurd.  And are you suggesting there is a US caliphate now?  That is equally absurd.

The US is an evil cess-pool of plutocracy.  What is not to like, Effendi?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.