News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The European-Arab Dialog

Started by pr126, September 29, 2017, 12:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

You forgot to mention the Crusades, the inqusition, and witch burning.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on October 01, 2017, 08:09:53 AM
You forgot to mention the Crusades, the inqusition, and witch burning.

I didn't forget.  You asked "Do Christians STILL [my caps] murder their apostates?"  Those events are not "still".  But I WILL say some would happily return us to those times if they could.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

QuoteBut I WILL say some would happily return us to those times if they could.
I respectfully disagree.

What holds them back? You will probably say "the law".
Why "the law" doesn't work with Muslims?

Having said that, Christianity in the west is in decline. Islam is in the ascendancy.
Do you know why it is so?

Islam is immensely focused, determined and ready to kill and die for their ideology.
The (perceived) rewards are world domination or failing that in battle, eternal celestial brothel from Allah.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on October 01, 2017, 08:45:25 AM
I respectfully disagree.

What holds them back? You will probably say "the law".
Why "the law" doesn't work with Muslims?

Having said that, Christianity in the west is in decline. Islam is in the ascendancy.
Do you know why it is so?

Well, first, it is a newer religion.  Christians were as brutal a few centuries ago as moslems are today.  And the christians started more peaceably.

Second, Islam originated in a harsher part of the world.

Third, moslems are more like the early jews who basically organized themselves and then butchered their way into a homeland.

Fourth, christianity only succeeded in  civilized and organized society.  The jews and moslems had neither at their start.

Fifth, the moslems are STILL not in much of an organized society.

Think of the Hindu "assasins'.  Are they still around today? 

Munch

Its simply a case that as society has evolved and grown in western countries, where Christianity has the most numbers, it as an entity has evolved to, mellowing out and adapting with the law of the land as that grew with the culture.

Christians today don't have the desire to cause death to those they considered no part of their culture, save maybe small pockets or individuals, they simply stick to their churches and christian themed tv channels and websites, where as those following islam directly coming from the middle east haven't yet.

i would say those of a middle eastern background who live in the west and don't adhere to their home countries theocracy are those that fit into the western culture, where as those wanting to bring islam with them don't adapt so well, some not at all. 

The west has already evolved to a point beyond theocracy, so when another one is trying to force its way into this modern culture, we get bombings in cities like london and paris, and roaming gangs of islamic followers in the streets of these cities attacking those born here.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 08:57:44 AM
Well, first, it is a newer religion.  Christians were as brutal a few centuries ago as moslems are today.  And the christians started more peaceably.

Second, Islam originated in a harsher part of the world.

Third, moslems are more like the early jews who basically organized themselves and then butchered their way into a homeland.

Fourth, christianity only succeeded in  civilized and organized society.  The jews and moslems had neither at their start.

Fifth, the moslems are STILL not in much of an organized society.

Think of the Hindu "assasins'.  Are they still around today? 

Assassins were not Hindu.
You may be mistaking them to Thuggee

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on October 01, 2017, 09:02:12 AM
Assassins were not Hindu.
You may be mistaking them to Thuggee

My apologies.  The Assassins were most associated with India in my understanding, and I primarily thought of them as from there.  They were both moslem AND hindu.

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 09:17:43 AM
My apologies.  The Assassins were most associated with India in my understanding, and I primarily thought of them as from there.  They were both moslem AND hindu.
Did you know that Muslims have butchered 80 million Hindus?

Tears of Jihad (Political Islam)

QuoteHindus
Koenard Elst in Negationism in India gives an estimate of 80 million Hindus killed in the total jihad against India. [Koenard Elst, Negationism in India, Voice of India, New Delhi, 2002, pg. 34.] The country of India today is only half the size of ancient India, due to jihad. The mountains near India are called the Hindu Kush, meaning the “funeral pyre of the Hindus.”
80 million Hindus

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on October 01, 2017, 09:19:04 AM
Did you know that Muslims have butchered 80 million Hindus?

Tears of Jihad (Political Islam)

And probably about the same of moslems by hindus.  They've both been crazy for many centuries killing each other left and right. 

What is it with you, a competition? 

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 09:27:48 AM
And probably about the same of moslems by hindus.  They've both been crazy for many centuries killing each other left and right. 

What is it with you, a competition? 
No. Just trying to demonstrate that not all religions are equal.
Some are worse than others.
There are 57 Islamic states. There is no democracy or human rights in any of them.
Islam does not allow it.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on October 01, 2017, 09:36:04 AM
No. Just trying to demonstrate that not all religions are equal.
Some are worse than others.
There are 57 Islamic states. There is no democracy or human rights in any of them.
Islam does not allow it.

That is generally true, but not entirely germane to the point.  You seem more angry toward a particular religion than against them all in principle.

That is what we call an "angry atheist".  I've seen it many times before.  They come into and leave "atheism".  They become angry at "God" or some particular religion, not realizing they still believe in a deity.  Then they find a new one and happily march to the new music as "former atheists".  THe media eats it up. 

It is sad but I understand how it happens.  Gives "real atheists" bad ops though.

pr126

I have been an atheist for 74 years now. Unlikely that I will change.

I cannot be angry at "God" because there is no god except what people imagine to be.
Allah is no more than Muhammad's alter ego.

Why am I singling out one religion in particular? Good question.
That is because I have studied that religion extensively and found it to be the worst, evilest ideology ever created by any human.

Created by the 7th century demented Arab, and now has nearly 2 billion people who are hellbent to subjugate everyone else by any means necessary.

Do not underestimate them.

Yes, I know that the popular belief among non-Muslims is that the vast majority is moderate and peaceful. That is a wishful thinking. Not reality.

And they are irrelevant. They do not control Islam. They have no say at all.
The ulema (clergy) controls Islam.

Edit:
There were many evil people in the world in the past. Genghis Khan, Tamerlane, and many more who killed millions.
Nobody is killing for Genghis Kahn or the other tyrants anymore.
But Muhammad created a religion of war and hatred of the "other".

That is why the followers of Muhammad are so dangerous to all humanity.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on October 01, 2017, 12:09:32 PM
I have been an atheist for 74 years now. Unlikely that I will change.

I cannot be angry at "God" because there is no god except what people imagine to be.
Allah is no more than Muhammad's alter ego.

Why am I singling out one religion in particular? Good question.
That is because I have studied that religion extensively and found it to be the worst, evilest ideology ever created by any human.

Created by the 7th century demented Arab, and now has nearly 2 billion people who are hellbent to subjugate everyone else by any means necessary.

Do not underestimate them.

Yes, I know that the popular belief among non-Muslims is that the vast majority is moderate and peaceful. That is a wishful thinking. Not reality.

And they are irrelevant. They do not control Islam. They have no say at all.
The ulema (clergy) controls Islam.

Edit:
There were many evil people in the world in the past. Genghis Khan, Tamerlane, and many more who killed millions.
Nobody is killing for Genghis Kahn or the other tyrants anymore.
But Muhammad created a religion of war and hatred of the "other".

That is why the followers of Muhammad are so dangerous to all humanity.

Man, you're stone-cold.  Intellectually, I disagree.  All religions' adherents have to be equally nuts.  But when push come to shove, those moslems are the nutiest...  LOL!

Animal Farm paraphrase:  All religions are crazy, but some are more crazy than others...

It's hard trying to stay "reasonable" sometimes...

pr126

There is no "golden rule" in Islam. No live and let live. No compromise. No empathy.
The world is divided into believers and unbelievers. Dar al Islam versus dar al harb.
A zero-sum game where there is only winners or losers.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on October 01, 2017, 12:52:36 PM
There is no "golden rule" in Islam. No live and let live. No compromise. No empathy.
The world is divided into believers and unbelievers. Dar al Islam versus dar al harb.
A zero-sum game where there is only winners or losers.

Christianity is a lot like that.  And most of the koran is the jewish texts and christian bible with some fanaticism thrown in.

I think you underestimate the textual inanity of the jews and christians.