Author Topic: Very *not* dry British humo(u)r  (Read 91 times)

Offline trdsf (OP)

Very *not* dry British humo(u)r
« on: September 26, 2017, 11:43:46 PM »
Oh, almighty Bob.  So BBC Radio One does this thing called 'Innuendo Bingo' where they have some poor soul and a celebrity sitting across from each other with mouths full of water while they play ... er, let's call them unfortunate choices of wording from the radio and TV.

I haven't laughed this hard in ages.  So far the standout episodes are cricket commentator Jonathan Agnew:

..international studmuffin Gerard Butler:

...and Harry Potter:
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes
"I thought I committed regicide today, but I committed deicide!" -- Sadie Doyle, Beyond Belief

Offline Baruch

Re: Very *not* dry British humo(u)r
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 12:10:22 AM »
Thanks for confirming that Brits aren't American ;-)  Now if we could just get our politicians in the US as contestants on that show ...
שלום

Offline pr126

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 01:30:43 AM »
Is that what I am paying £12 a month for?

Aside from the fact that I have not listened or watched BBC for years.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 10:13:07 AM by pr126 »
“It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.” ― Arthur C. Clarke

Online Shiranu

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 04:58:02 AM »
Classic :).
“Life isn't long enough to enjoy and understand all at the same time. You have to decide which is more important." - Pedro Juan Gutierrez

"Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be." - Miguel de Cervantes

Offline Munch

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 10:00:09 AM »
Yeah I don't watch the BBC anymore, on!y what I catch on forums or random news sites

Online Cavebear

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 02:37:16 AM »
Sometimes crude British comedy is really REALLY clever.  This is not one of those times.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!  b 1950