News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The stupid, it burns.

Started by trdsf, September 26, 2017, 11:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Won't he be surprised to find out the Earth is really shaped like an artichoke!?

He'll be like "Oh. damn, the world isn't flat at all - it's shaped like a fookin' artichoke!"
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 29, 2017, 04:21:35 PM
Won't he be surprised to find out the Earth is really shaped like an artichoke!?

He'll be like "Oh. damn, the world isn't flat at all - it's shaped like a fookin' artichoke!"

Break out a colossal dipping bowl of hot lemon butter in that case, I know what artichokes are good for!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 29, 2017, 08:03:33 PM
Artichokes have heart!
And like a Mayan, I like to reach in and rip it out--and eat it! With mayo, of course.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 30, 2017, 08:51:16 AM
7 Ways to Prove the Earth Is Round (Without Launching a Satellite)

What is proof?  But yes, there was evidence even in ancient times, and the Celtic druids did believe (not know) that the world was roundish.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 30, 2017, 09:46:19 AM
What is proof?  But yes, there was evidence even in ancient times, and the Celtic druids did believe (not know) that the world was roundish.

The reality is that intelligent people from medieval times have known the world is round/spherical.  Anyone who doubts it today enough to waste money checking it is really too dumb to deserve having any money beyond subsistence to begin with.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

I suspect that actual Flat Earthers and Hollow Earthers are just contending sects of Dischordianism.  Think Dada, but for geography ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 01, 2017, 04:26:48 PM
I suspect that actual Flat Earthers and Hollow Earthers are just contending sects of Dischordianism.  Think Dada, but for geography ;-)

It is easier to think of them as just plain idiots...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!