News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The stupid, it burns.

Started by trdsf, September 26, 2017, 11:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

So some rapper who calls himself B.o.B. is on GoFundMe trying to raise money to launch satellites to prove the world is actually flat.

One more piece of evidence that it's time to go extinct and let the dolphins have a go, we've completely wasted our sentience.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Well, he won't get any money from me. I wish him success in his quest, though, since if the world really is flat we'd best find it out soon, or our satellites may fall down!

When I was a kid we rigged up a recording to a radio of a "newsman" announcing that scientists had discovered the world to be actually flat. The guy we were fooling with believed it, too! We laughed and laughed.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Sorginak

When his satellites return pictures of a round earth, he'll just claim those satellites were hacked. 

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 26, 2017, 11:17:43 AM
Well, he won't get any money from me. I wish him success in his quest, though, since if the world really is flat we'd best find it out soon, or our satellites may fall down!

When I was a kid we rigged up a recording to a radio of a "newsman" announcing that scientists had discovered the world to be actually flat. The guy we were fooling with believed it, too! We laughed and laughed.
Isn't it ironic that you were right?!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Yeah - just lucky, I guess. And we didn't even need satellites!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Sal1981

Quote from: Sorginak on September 26, 2017, 11:18:51 AM
When his satellites return pictures of a round earth, he'll just claim those satellites were hacked.
How does that work, exactly? Won't the satellite prove, from several perspectives, at least an obloid spherical Earth?

Sendt fra min SM-G920F med Tapatalk

Mike Cl

Quote from: Sal1981 on September 26, 2017, 03:55:51 PM
How does that work, exactly? Won't the satellite prove, from several perspectives, at least an obloid spherical Earth?

Not if you chose to not 'believe' it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hijiri Byakuren

Bobby-boy can believe what he likes. Science doesn't care.

Sent while riding my mighty steed: Godzilla
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

aitm

I think it's a fucking great idea. I mean, jiminy fuckin cricket...peeps who believe the world is flat will eat up photo shop and con boy?.....Cha-ching!!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Sylar

Perhaps I should do the same, then a month after acquiring the funds I'll link my frivolous supporters to NASA's website. Easy way to get $$$.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Hydra009

I would very much love to see his reaction on seeing a satellite photo of the Western Hemisphere and another satellite's photo of the Eastern Hemisphere.  Logically, he'd have to deduce that the Western and Eastern Hemispheres are on different sides of the flat Earth, and that some sort of edge must exist in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and the eastern edge of the Atlantic.  It'd be really easy to charter a cruise through this "edge".  That or take another photo from a different region, which would show that this alleged edge doesn't exist.  That evidence alone would be enough to falsify the idea of a flat Earth.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on September 26, 2017, 03:55:51 PM

Roundness is over-rated anyway.  It was proven by the crew of Magellan's expedition (he didn't make it home).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 26, 2017, 10:41:54 PM
I would very much love to see his reaction on seeing a satellite photo of the Western Hemisphere and another satellite's photo of the Eastern Hemisphere.  Logically, he'd have to deduce that the Western and Eastern Hemispheres are on different sides of the flat Earth, and that some sort of edge must exist in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and the eastern edge of the Atlantic.  It'd be really easy to charter a cruise through this "edge".  That or take another photo from a different region, which would show that this alleged edge doesn't exist.  That evidence alone would be enough to falsify the idea of a flat Earth.

Politics proves that the Earth is flat (at least politically).  I am still waiting for the politicians to fall off that edge ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Shoot him into space, let him take a look for himself.

Then leave him up there.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 27, 2017, 08:07:25 AM
Shoot him into space, let him take a look for himself.

Then leave him up there.

Yeah, let him watch the flat earth spin under him until his brain cells that died earlier finally surrender.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!