Author Topic: US Military to Syria  (Read 6386 times)

Offline The Skeletal Atheist

Re: US Military to Syria
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2013, 08:57:06 PM »
Our involvement and policies in the Middle East is like some deranged guy sticking his dick in a beehive, getting stung badly, then furiously fucking the beehive while standing on an anthill and wondering why it hurts.

What benefit have we seen from dealing with this shit? If one wants to say it's about oil or money...well it's done a fat lot of good for us. Billions of dollars spent on various clusterfucks and nothing to say for our investments.

If we're doing it for humanitarian reasons (hint: we're not), then we sure fucked up. The result of that seems to be a greater radicalization of an already radicalized area, as well as spreading the shit worldwide via refugees and the like.

Getting involved with Syria, like getting involved in any other country in that region, is just going to result in a loss of lives, money, and fuck our international reputation more than it already is. And how long until they use the weapons we give them to raid one of our embassies.

Besides, why should I support helping people who would gladly kill me if they had the chance? Say we support the rebels, and they win. I decide to take a vacation to the now "free" Syria, then someone discovers that I'm a homosexual and an atheist. What the hell would happen? I'm guessing I'd either be shot, stoned, or beheaded.

In short, FUCK!
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Online Shiranu

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2013, 09:50:15 PM »
To be fair, I don't think its the U.S.'s place either; the U.N. needs to be given some teeth and not be able to be stagnated by the actions of one or two nations in regards to intervening in human rights violations.
"Judge a moth by the beauty of its candle." - Rumi

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2013, 12:36:21 AM »
Since Obama has decided that the US should arm the rebels, a few questions come to mind.

Is he performing background checks on the rebels?
Is he limiting the magazine sizes?
Is he making sure they're not getting any "assault weapons"?
Is he enacting a waiting period?
Is he limiting them to only one gun per month?
Watch my fanfilm
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Film the sequel

Offline pr126

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2013, 12:44:58 AM »
Syrians massacring each other in large numbers.

Obama: Give them more weapons.  :-k

Offline SGOS

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2013, 10:36:39 AM »
Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"
What benefit have we seen from dealing with this shit? If one wants to say it's about oil or money...well it's done a fat lot of good for us.

Offline Colanth

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2013, 05:14:39 PM »
Quote from: "SGOS"
But we have to wonder, "Would our government do something that would work so clearly work against the interests of the electorate, while benefiting a small number of our wealthy elite?"
Who pumps billions of dollars into political campaigns, the guy standing at the pump buying gas, or the guy running the company that refines that gas?  Tough decision which one to tilt government policy toward.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2013, 05:32:46 PM »
Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"
What benefit have we seen from dealing with this shit? If one wants to say it's about oil or money...well it's done a fat lot of good for us.

Damn good post  =D>  =D>  =D>
Thank you!
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk