News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Sheesh! This Time It's American Airlines

Started by SGOS, April 22, 2017, 01:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Tell me about it.  I worked for the Federal Govt.  I had one trip to SanFran , changing at Chicago, KC, and Denver first.  Every leg was a fierce run to the next flight.  And while going home was nonstop, It was a whole lost day time-zone-wise.  I dragged into work Monday like a stewed rooster and nary a drop to drink.

But it sure beat 6 weeks negotiating a technical telecom contract in Ft Worth.  I loved the water gardens and loved the city, but they rolled up the sidewalks at 5 PM there.  Do you know what 6 weeks in a cheap govt contract hotel room is like?  A soft bed in prison! I missed my cats and my waterbed and my kitchen SO bad...

Sorry, I got all anti-nostalgic about that...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 03:49:20 PM
Tell me about it.  I worked for the Federal Govt.  I had one trip to SanFran , changing at Chicago, KC, and Denver first.  Every leg was a fierce run to the next flight.  And while going home was nonstop, It was a whole lost day time-zone-wise.  I dragged into work Monday like a stewed rooster and nary a drop to drink.

But it sure beat 6 weeks negotiating a technical telecom contract in Ft Worth.  I loved the water gardens and loved the city, but they rolled up the sidewalks at 5 PM there.  Do you know what 6 weeks in a cheap govt contract hotel room is like?  A soft bed in prison! I missed my cats and my waterbed and my kitchen SO bad...

Sorry, I got all anti-nostalgic about that...

You don't like "likes" and I respect that.  But this so good I have to give you a big hug (sort of).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

One fine day early in January 1970 I caught a flight out of SeaTac. We left on the 11th of January and landed in Hong Kong on the 13th. Guess what day my birthday is?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 12, 2017, 08:20:37 AM
One fine day early in January 1970 I caught a flight out of SeaTac. We left on the 11th of January and landed in Hong Kong on the 13th. Guess what day my birthday is?
Is this a riddle, or am I supposed to see an obvious answer to this?

Gawdzilla Sama

There was an old Navy saying "What are they going to do, take away my birthday?" In the '60s it got changed, "What are they going to do, take away my birthday and send me to 'Nam?"

On that flight we crossed the international dateline and my birthday, the 12th of January, just disappeared. So, they actually managed to do both, take away my birthday on a flight to (ultimately) Vietnam.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 12, 2017, 12:02:12 PM
There was an old Navy saying "What are they going to do, take away my birthday?" In the '60s it got changed, "What are they going to do, take away my birthday and send me to 'Nam?"

On that flight we crossed the international dateline and my birthday, the 12th of January, just disappeared. So, they actually managed to do both, take away my birthday on a flight to (ultimately) Vietnam.

Don't forget, death and taxes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 12, 2017, 08:20:37 AM

Beats me.  But I had a apartment roommate born Feb 29th...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!