Career suggestion to pupils. WTF?

Started by pr126, September 25, 2017, 10:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Liberal Democrat politician says schools should be able to suggest PROSTITUTION as a career to pupils
QuoteA Liberal Democrat councillor has told a party conference that schools could suggest prostitution as a career to pupils.

Dennis Parsons, who is chairman of the Cheltenham Liberal Democrats, made the comment during a special session on sex work.

The retired civil servant said school career officers are currently not allowed to mention prostitution as a potential line of work, but added: 'Why shouldn't they?'

Mr Parsons also compared prostitution with accountancy when discussing how to combat the stigma attached to sex work.

How progressive. Make prostitution great again.

Sorginak

Sex workers have to make a living, too.

PopeyesPappy

I don't have any moral objections to sex for money. Exploitation of sex workers is an issue though, and that is a hard problem to solve.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

pr126

One would hope for a better future for their children.

Sorginak

Quote from: pr126 on September 25, 2017, 11:08:32 AM

Hoping and achieving are not synonymous. 

Gawdzilla Sama

Yeah, cannon fodder, assembly line drudge, pizza delivery guy.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PopeyesPappy

Seems to have worked out OK for Melania.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gawdzilla Sama

I've met school teachers who worked as prostitutes, in Amsterdam. They were happy with the money they made, it allowed them to remain in their chosen-and-chronically-underpaid jobs.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: pr126 on September 25, 2017, 10:14:59 AM
Liberal Democrat politician says schools should be able to suggest PROSTITUTION as a career to pupils
How progressive. Make prostitution great again.
I don't see anything wrong with prostitution.  Study Nevada to see how well it can work.  Legalize it and control it.  That makes it much safer and saner.  If one does not like prostitutes, then don't go to them.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Republicans want to control our pee-pees.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 25, 2017, 11:31:00 AM
I don't see anything wrong with prostitution.  Study Nevada to see how well it can work.  Legalize it and control it.  That makes it much safer and saner.  If one does not like prostitutes, then don't go to them.

Portugal legalized drugs recently.  So far so good.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

being a professional sugar daddy chaser is a good career path, its done wonders of the first lady.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on September 25, 2017, 01:34:26 PM
Portugal legalized drugs recently.  So far so good.
I didn't know that.  If I had my way, the US would legalize all drugs, too.  But since the US declared war on drugs, there are too many making big bucks (and not only the suppliers of drugs--legal and otherwise) to stop the war, or to win it, even.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 25, 2017, 02:25:19 PM
I didn't know that.  If I had my way, the US would legalize all drugs, too.  But since the US declared war on drugs, there are too many making big bucks (and not only the suppliers of drugs--legal and otherwise) to stop the war, or to win it, even.

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2017/04/18/524380027/in-portugal-drug-use-is-treated-as-a-medical-issue-not-a-crime

Since 2004.  Why not in America?  Americans are criminals, and not just for disobeying irrational "war on drugs" laws.  Remember Prohibition?  It never ended, they just shifted focus.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

All sex work needs to be legal. Then make it safe with regulations. Then it's a career path like any other.