News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Just got banned from Christian Forums

Started by St Truth, September 22, 2017, 09:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: St Truth on September 22, 2017, 10:50:52 PM
Or a rational boy in a room filled with adult dotards.  Hah! I've used that word.

Don't underestimate the wisdom of youth, a fresh face might have fresh ideas.  Old men like myself, well we are all worn out.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: St Truth on September 22, 2017, 11:26:06 PM
I read some of the posts and I discovered that they closed down quite a few forums. If they find any argument against fragile God convincing, they will remove the post and give you a warning for blasphemy. I was wondering at first why the atheists in CF are so careful with what they say. They are arguing with their hands tied behind their backs and their lips sealed. They only dare to use careful sarcasms. For example, one idiot wrote a lengthy "argument" that God said this and God said that and so it must be so even if the logic doesn't seem to be right "to our human minds". The atheist merely replied, "OK, if Jesus says so."

I sometimes wonder why the atheists are so masochistic as to remain in such a forum. In the Apologetics section, they made it difficult for atheists to post. Atheists who want to post there have to sign in on a thread for non-Christians only - promising to abide by the rules or their right to post would be removed.  The rules are very long. And so many atheists actually bother to sign on that thread. I didn't have to because I'm a Christian. They treat atheists very shabbily and if you so much as say anything against a Christian, they'll come down hard on you for insulting Christianity. If I were an atheist, I'd never go anywhere near CF.

i find it rather amusing for Protestants to "act all Catholic" ;-)  They must not have reflections when they look in the mirror.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

St Truth

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 22, 2017, 11:54:11 PM
Wow.  They must've really clamped down.

They used to be really touchy about anything even remotely close to swearing (I got a warning once for referencing the "damn you all to hell" line from the end of Planet of the Apes.  It was just a joke, but apparently they take 'damning' more seriously than I do) and you also have to watch out about ruffling feathers by bluntly contradicting someone else's delusions (it's illegal to point out that the king is naked), but the atheists there were allowed to tactfully disagree.  Has even that been lost?

It was bizarre how over there you get treated a lot better if you wear agnostic flair instead of atheist flair.  At the time, I don't think they realized that a lot of people consider themselves agnostic atheists.

They allow you to say something if you are really diplomatic. An atheist called Nihilist Virus seems to get on fine. He is extremely logical and doesn't seem to get ruffled easily. Christians can be EXTREMELY rude but CF protects them. I think there is a very large number of people in CF (as there tend to be among people of ANY religion) who are downright stupid and these are the ones who will say nasty things and act as cheerleaders to fellow believers and if an atheist (or someone they consider 'atheistic' as they did me) tries to respond much less provocatively than they do, the moderators will come down hard on the atheists.

What is infuriating for me is they like to argue in a funny way. I'll pick one example. They say God is experienced and you can't measure God by evidence. If you say what if I experience pixies? Everyone will come down hard on you and say that's nonsense. And they are insanely evasive. When I asked them to give me one reason for their belief in God, they will give me a reading list. And when I say they have not given me a reason, they say I'm lying because they have. When I say giving me a reading list is not giving me a reason, everyone says of course it is. If I want to be obstinate and refuse to read the books recommended, I'm not interested in the reason for God and I might as well just change my status from "Christian" to "atheist". Then 3 other people will tell me to just go to God for answers. Pray to God and "seek his face". I was tempted to ask why I should bother with the face of a hoary old man but I knew I'd be banned immediately. LOL. It was like being in a madhouse. But I stayed on because I was determined to show a few people why their arguments were wrong. Until I got banned and it was a relief because I don't think any amount of reasoning could change the minds of the people I was speaking to. It's incredible how stupid some of their answers are and they seem so confident they are right.

One chap insisted that he would only 'argue' with me if I answer his questions and I could not ask him any questions. So he gave me a series of questions which I answered. And I asked him just one question and he said that was not allowed. And when I said it was unfair that I couldn't ask questions and I could only answer specific questions, everyone else said they thought it was a fair way to get to the truth!!! 

One question was whether I believed everything had a cause. I said only things I see on earth seem to have a cause. He was not happy with that. He wanted me to say EVERYTHING.  I told him that Krauss wrote a book that suggests that in the subatomic world subatomic particles could emerge from nothing so his statement was wrong. He then said the particles didn't emerge from nothing but mankind thinks it's nothing. The lunacy went on for some time. And then he wanted me to agree to the statement that everything has a cause except that which is uncaused. I asked him to give me an example of this uncaused cause but he said he would come to that later. I'm not stupid. I told him he might as well force me at gunpoint to admit that everything is created by a creator except the Trinitarian God who creates everything.

In another 'argument' I said I was even prepared to concede that a Deist God could plausibly  have caused the Big Bang and did nothing after that. Just went into hibernation. But I said it would be a quantum leap to have this Deist God suddenly appear with a holy cross and hey presto, it's the Holy Trinity. And then he gave me his 'clincher'. He said scientists called the universe a universe because it was 'unity in diversity'. And that proves the Holy Trinity. Because unity in diversity = one God in Three Persons. Wow!!! So, God left his character in the universe that he created. I told him I couldn't talk to him because his brain was different from mine. He reminded me of the early church fathers who said we have four gospels and not more and not fewer because just as there are four corners of the earth and four winds blowing on earth, hence we have four gospels. Case proven.

It was really like talking to lunatics and these are all grown-ups.

Cavebear

I visited a few religious forums years ago.  It was just too depressing.  My few rational discussions were mostly just met with either "Huh?" or "You lack faith" whereupon they just quoted routine biblical statements at me.  I never saw a single actual discussion. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

St Truth

I got private messages from concerned people. They told me to beware of Satan. Obviously, Satan is leading my soul down the road to hell. I asked what they meant by 'soul'. Just a simple innocuous question and they were furious with me. One of them said my question showed my determination to support the atheist agenda. I told them atheists can't have a compelling agenda because they don't believe in hell for non-atheists. Whatever agenda they have can't be all that urgent. It's we Christians who have a strong all-consuming agenda. We need to 'save' souls from fire and brimstone. Then someone said she could only pray for me. Talking to me was useless because Satan has his grip on me. Dotards.

St Truth

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2017, 12:16:38 AM
Don't underestimate the wisdom of youth, a fresh face might have fresh ideas.  Old men like myself, well we are all worn out.

What is a freethinking theist?

Cavebear

Quote from: St Truth on September 23, 2017, 12:40:07 AM
I got private messages from concerned people. They told me to beware of Satan. Obviously, Satan is leading my soul down the road to hell. I asked what they meant by 'soul'. Just a simple innocuous question and they were furious with me. One of them said my question showed my determination to support the atheist agenda. I told them atheists can't have a compelling agenda because they don't believe in hell for non-atheists. Whatever agenda they have can't be all that urgent. It's we Christians who have a strong all-consuming agenda. We need to 'save' souls from fire and brimstone. Then someone said she could only pray for me. Talking to me was useless because Satan has his grip on me. Dotards.

Unless you really forgot about quote marks, you have just said you are a christian, and so your thoughts don't mean much to me.

St Truth

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 01:08:58 AM
Unless you really forgot about quote marks, you have just said you are a christian, and so your thoughts don't mean much to me.

I am a Christian. I was baptised a few days after birth and I have been an altar boy all my life from my earliest recollection onwards. But there are two ways to look at religion. One is the fundamentalist way which examines a person's belief. To a fundamentalist, I would not be a Christian. The second way is the more correct approach to religion which is obviously a cultural construct. A person who practises the rituals of the church is a Christian. You can't practise the rituals more than actually participating in it as an altar boy.

Cavebear

Quote from: St Truth on September 23, 2017, 01:17:33 AM
I am a Christian. I was baptised a few days after birth and I have been an altar boy all my life from my earliest recollection onwards. But there are two ways to look at religion. One is the fundamentalist way which examines a person's belief. To a fundamentalist, I would not be a Christian. The second way is the more correct approach to religion which is obviously a cultural construct. A person who practises the rituals of the church is a Christian. You can't practise the rituals more than actually participating in it as an altar boy.

So you believe following rituals makes you a Christian and that your professed theism is merely a social game...

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 23, 2017, 02:15:31 AM
Welcome to our little band of heathens.

With a handle like St Truth and saying he is Christian, I'm not sure he is really one of us, LOL! 

St Truth

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 02:11:21 AM
So you believe following rituals makes you a Christian and that your professed theism is merely a social game...

I don't profess to be a theist. Theism is a purely belief concept. I am a Christian. 'Christian' is more a culture. It's not a question of what I believe makes me a Christian. My vicar tells me I'm a Christian even though he knows my stand on everything. The best analogy is a club. A club has its sets of rules. You've got to be XYZ to be a member. But supposing there was someone who's been a club member for many generations just as one of my ancestors was an important churchman in the time of Henry VIII. Can someone say, 'Hey! You're not a club member because you don't really believe in XYZ'. You go to court. The question is whether you're a club member. What will the court do? It'll ask the club if you are on the register of members. It'll ask the club to decide if you're a member. If your name is on the register and the club says 'Yes, you are a member', will the court insist that you're not a member because some outsider says you don't believe in XYZ? Of course not. The club decides who is or is not a member. Same with the CHurch. The Church decides who is and who is not a member. It's not for outsiders to decide.

That's me - I embrace only the truth for I am...

St Truth

Cavebear

Quote from: St Truth on September 23, 2017, 03:22:39 AM
I don't profess to be a theist. Theism is a purely belief concept. I am a Christian. 'Christian' is more a culture. It's not a question of what I believe makes me a Christian. My vicar tells me I'm a Christian even though he knows my stand on everything. The best analogy is a club. A club has its sets of rules. You've got to be XYZ to be a member. But supposing there was someone who's been a club member for many generations just as one of my ancestors was an important churchman in the time of Henry VIII. Can someone say, 'Hey! You're not a club member because you don't really believe in XYZ'. You go to court. The question is whether you're a club member. What will the court do? It'll ask the club if you are on the register of members. It'll ask the club to decide if you're a member. If your name is on the register and the club says 'Yes, you are a member', will the court insist that you're not a member because some outsider says you don't believe in XYZ? Of course not. The club decides who is or is not a member. Same with the CHurch. The Church decides who is and who is not a member. It's not for outsiders to decide.

That's me - I embrace only the truth for I am...

St Truth

Christianity is a theism.  What do you think it is, a "Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks" lodge? 

St Truth

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2017, 03:33:31 AM
Christianity is a theism.  What do you think it is, a "Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks" lodge?

There are priests in my church who openly say they don't believe God exists. One Archbishop has said it too. He started out by denying the Virgin Birth which is of course sensible. Everyone knows the Virgin Birth is false and is a mistake from the Almah-parthenos mistranslation. Then he denied the historicity of Jesus. That's normal. Then he denied the existence of God. If Christianity is what you say it is, why didn't the church ask him to leave?

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2017, 12:06:21 AM
I find this true all over the Internet.  PC is everywhere, just not one kind, many kinds.  Glass houses all the way down, and everyone is stoned ;-)

And welcome.

I am a heretic, so both theists and atheists stone me ... but I prefer my own liquor cabinet thank you very much!

As a heretic, you are much more theist than atheist.

But...

Well, they'll stone ya when you're trying to be so good
They'll stone ya just a-like they said they would
They'll stone ya when you're tryin' to go home
Then they'll stone ya when you're there all alone

But I would not feel so all alone
Everybody must get stoned!