Marcus Tullius Cicero on... Donald Trump?

Started by Shiranu, September 22, 2017, 04:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

It's both comforting and terrifying that a Roman politician 2000 years ago could utter a sentence about his government and it sounds exactly like something someone would say today.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

America's survived with its good name intact after Nixon, Cheney and two Bushes, I think it will survive Trump to perfectly fine.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Sal1981

I don't get why people  think that Trump will not sit the whole term. I reckon Trump will sit this term fully, and probably has a good chance being re-elected for a 2nd term.

If George Bush can sit 2 terms, an asshole like Trump is more than certain to be able to sit 2 terms as well.

Shiranu

Quote from: Sal1981 on September 22, 2017, 05:38:14 AM
I don't get why people  think that Trump will not sit the whole term. I reckon Trump will sit this term fully, and probably has a good chance being re-elected for a 2nd term.

If George Bush can sit 2 terms, an asshole like Trump is more than certain to be able to sit 2 terms as well.

Collusion with a foreign enemy, for one, is a possible reason he won't make it to two terms. Defending Nazis and white supremacists doesn't help either.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Instead of making USA a better country to live in, you are chanelling all your energies to hate your president, your country and your culture.

Because you are programmed to do that.
Do you ever question why it is so?

For decades the academia is teaching you what to think, and not how to think.
Universities are the centers of Marxist indoctrination.
Churning out sjw, antifa, snowflakes.
Not knowledgeable, productive, useful citizens.

On the road to perdition.

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUEgTaM28ls
[/spoiler]

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 22, 2017, 04:22:34 AM

It's both comforting and terrifying that a Roman politician 2000 years ago could utter a sentence about his government and it sounds exactly like something someone would say today.

The US is Rome.  And Cicero was a great guy, but a loser to Mark Anthony and Octavian ... in the end.  Power comes from the end of a gladius - Maous Sinicus

But but ... the Clintons are traitors too.  In the late Roman Republic, everyone was, except for Cicero and Cato the Younger.  In the end the Mafia facts on the ground ... read as tea leaves said ... we don't need no stinking Republic!

So welcome to the Empire.  Your audience with Emperor Caligula will begin shortly.  Goodus luckus!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on September 22, 2017, 05:18:17 AM
America's survived with its good name intact after Nixon, Cheney and two Bushes, I think it will survive Trump to perfectly fine.

We have been OK since the OSS/CIA got with FBI and had sexy photos of Truman in flagrante delicto?  Every President since, have been controlled MIC assets.  Trust your Praetorian Guard ... or else!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

All depends on if he does what he is told.  So far he has.  The Tea Party insurgency has been completely neutered.  DoD and Goldman-Sachs are in complete control of their new puppet, same as the old puppet.  All they have to do is show him the film of George W chocking on pretzels, or the real Zapruder film.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Pick up and read" ... the message from G-d (through children playing a game) to St Augustine that made him a Christian.  But that is late Rome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfVjU6YKsc8

and with a bit of Roman drama ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtUQqiIa0oI
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 22, 2017, 05:48:54 AM
Collusion with a foreign enemy, for one, is a possible reason he won't make it to two terms. Defending Nazis and white supremacists doesn't help either.

So, you have declared war on Putin?  I kind of like him.  On that horse, in Siberia, galloping along with no shirt on ...

Or did you mean FDR colluding with Winston Churchill?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Shiranu on September 22, 2017, 05:48:54 AM
Also, his own knuckledragger core is pissed off at him now, because he cut a deal with Pelosi and Schumer -- apparently they haven't heard that politics is more than stamping your foot and screaming "NO!" when you don't get your way without compromise.

I genuinely hope he'll only be a one-termer.  Or less, if the Mueller investigation turns up sufficient dirt.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

I fucking hate it when you say this!!! But I fear it is exactly what will happen.  Trump impeached--not gonna happen.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on September 22, 2017, 09:49:25 AM
Also, his own knuckledragger core is pissed off at him now, because he cut a deal with Pelosi and Schumer -- apparently they haven't heard that politics is more than stamping your foot and screaming "NO!" when you don't get your way without compromise.

I genuinely hope he'll only be a one-termer.  Or less, if the Mueller investigation turns up sufficient dirt.

Trump's campaign manager Mr Manafort ... seems to have a lot of dirt under his bed.  So it could lead back to the Boss of Bosses.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on September 22, 2017, 05:58:19 AM
Instead of making USA a better country to live in, you are chanelling all your energies to hate your president, your country and your culture.

Because you are programmed to do that.
Do you ever question why it is so?

For decades the academia is teaching you what to think, and not how to think.
Universities are the centers of Marxist indoctrination.
Churning out sjw, antifa, snowflakes.
Not knowledgeable, productive, useful citizens.

On the road to perdition.

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUEgTaM28ls
[/spoiler]

Trends start with Jewish people ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-hating_Jew
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on September 22, 2017, 04:22:34 AM

That argument can be made to object to external enemies and honest objectors to govt practices within.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!