Marcus Tullius Cicero on... Donald Trump?

Started by Shiranu, September 22, 2017, 04:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Shiranu on September 26, 2017, 05:52:47 PM
I'll leave the debates to Mueller. He and his investigation is more important than my opinion, and he has allot more evidence than we do.

If you thought your narrative was an accurate description of reality, you'd be able to prove it by using the demonstrable truth's of objective reality.

But you aren't sure if you're right or not. You just believe what people who you trust have told you to. You've never looked into these things yourself. And all this would be fine - IF you weren't telling people who have looked into it, and who have formed convictions about it, that they're wrong. If you're going to tell me I'm wrong, debate me or stfu.

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 26, 2017, 05:57:07 PM
Let's not.

Debate is scary for people who believe their narrative will be shattered with it.

Shiranu

I have no interest in debating you for the same reason I don't  debate if the earth is flat; its a waste of time. The reality is that, from the information we have, the Trump campaign irrefutably colluded with Russian oligarchs and officials with direct ties to Putin. The extent to which trump was involved, and the severity of just how legal or not it was, is what is up for debate, but the fact that he colluded and conspired is not. So frankly, we have nothing to debate; if you want to tell me he did nothing wrong, you are as delusional as someone telling me the earth is flat.

Now, if you want to debate that what he did wrong wasn't "bad" then there is plenty of room for debate there, it's just not a debate I'm interested in because that is still in the air.

And yes, I do trust what I am told because there is not one source more qualified than the Special Investigator and the Trump campaigns own admissions to provide information on the subject. If you are "investigating it yourself", you either have some hella contacts or you mistake random blogs for reality.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Shiranu on September 26, 2017, 06:14:52 PM
I have no interest in debating you for the same reason I don't  debate if the earth is flat; its a waste of time. The reality is that, from the information we have, the Trump campaign irrefutably colluded with Russian oligarchs and officials with direct ties to Putin. The extent to which trump was involved, and the severity of just how legal or not it was, is what is up for debate, but the fact that he colluded and conspired is not. So frankly, we have nothing to debate; if you want to tell me he did nothing wrong, you are as delusional as someone telling me the earth is flat.

Your claims don't carry much weight when you admit you won't even debate their truthfullness.

The fact is the Russia narrative is 100% fabrication. What really happened was Podesta fell for a phishing scam, which exposed a ton of emails, which exposed a ton of corruption by the democrats, which lost them a ton of votes. That's it.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 26, 2017, 06:02:03 PM

Debate is scary for people who believe their narrative will be shattered with it.
I am deathly afraid you will shatter my narrative.  The last time that happened it took ages to glue my narrative back.  These days, challenges like yours mean very little.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

QuoteThe fact is the Russia narrative is 100% fabrication.

So even against the Trumps campaigns admission to first meeting with one Russian, then more and more as evidence came out,  and firing of its own staff for ties to Russia after they were exposed, the Russia link is, "100% fabrication"'.

That turtle with the world on its back has a bridge it would like to sell you.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on September 26, 2017, 11:01:57 PM
So even against the Trumps campaigns admission to first meeting with one Russian, then more and more as evidence came out,  and firing of its own staff for ties to Russia after they were exposed, the Russia link is, "100% fabrication"'.

That turtle with the world on its back has a bridge it would like to sell you.
Trump followers are like theists--reasoning, thinking and facts don't seem to matter.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

fencerider

Mueller only has 17 of the best financial lawyers in the U.S. investigating Trump campaign because nothing is there to see. Ya right. There is nothing yet on Trump but Mueller is about to indict Manefort. Oh and Jered Kushner got caught in an email scandal which occured at the same time as the Clinton email scandal.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

trdsf

Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 26, 2017, 05:34:51 PM

The question wasn't "What have the republicans done?" It was "What has TRUMP done?"

Your entire post, then, is irrelevant.
None of these are Trump's.  That was pretty clearly stated throughout.  So no, he hasn't done these.

Try reading for comprehension next time.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 26, 2017, 01:17:11 PM
Yeah, I'm sure.

You should be ... The Eye on top of the pyramid ... you Pharaoh's sorcerer, you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 26, 2017, 04:34:43 PM
The evidence is not in your favour. Forget religion, defending trump requires some true delusion. Religion is at least intangible, but we can empirically prove that Donald is a complete and utter failure of a president, and within his first year has already secured a legacy of being one of the worst presidents we have ever had.

I get how embarrassing that must be to admit, but digging a hole deeper and deeper won't help you escape that shame.

Yes, in some ways, I would have preferred the resurrection of the corpse of Millard Fillmore.  But you have to admit he isn't boring, right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 26, 2017, 05:52:47 PM
I'll leave the debates to Mueller. He and his investigation is more important than my opinion, and he has allot more evidence than we do.

Manafort looks quite dirty (very Nixonian) ... but we never prosecute Democrats.  Manafort isn't President.  So wish they would fire on Ft Sumter again, but it is so hard to hit that from Berkeley CA.  All negatives about Democrats are "fake news".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 26, 2017, 06:02:03 PM
If you thought your narrative was an accurate description of reality, you'd be able to prove it by using the demonstrable truth's of objective reality.

But you aren't sure if you're right or not. You just believe what people who you trust have told you to. You've never looked into these things yourself. And all this would be fine - IF you weren't telling people who have looked into it, and who have formed convictions about it, that they're wrong. If you're going to tell me I'm wrong, debate me or stfu.

Neither of you were in the same bathroom as Trump/Putin or Clinton/Huma ... so y'all know nothing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 26, 2017, 06:20:14 PM
Your claims don't carry much weight when you admit you won't even debate their truthfullness.

The fact is the Russia narrative is 100% fabrication. What really happened was Podesta fell for a phishing scam, which exposed a ton of emails, which exposed a ton of corruption by the democrats, which lost them a ton of votes. That's it.

That and a whole lot of other stupidity.  The Ds simply out-stupider the Rs this time around.  The real secret is they are totally incompetent, except when it comes to corruption.  We need an Augustus Caesar to end this ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 26, 2017, 07:34:36 PM
I am deathly afraid you will shatter my narrative.  The last time that happened it took ages to glue my narrative back.  These days, challenges like yours mean very little.

How many of you get your narrative from the DNC, how many from the RNC?  Don't y'all feel dirty?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.