Marcus Tullius Cicero on... Donald Trump?

Started by Shiranu, September 22, 2017, 04:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Yeah, I'll take Donald Trump's word on who is a, "good person". He has a great track record of having the slightest clue what a good person is.

Yeah, what a great guy. Definitely not bigoted, racist, or just a flat out asshole.

And yes, that is very much an ad hom because that is all Trump has ever really had to offer. When he actually gets into policy, "Oh... it's uh... it's a really complicated issue. Uhhhh... ummmmmmmm.... yeah. It's complicated. But we are great. We are the greatest. Mhmm. America! Muslims did it! Obama isn't American! E...EMAILS!!!"
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 29, 2017, 09:49:05 AM
Ya got me!  Your intellect is just too much for my puny non-intellect.  You trumpies just know what's up!

How is ad hominems intellectual for either of you?

And yes, Shiranu ... Trump is no gentleman.  Obama was, though I didn't care for his policies.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 29, 2017, 09:49:05 AM
Ya got me!  Your intellect is just too much for my puny non-intellect.  You trumpies just know what's up!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on September 29, 2017, 12:43:15 PM
Yeah, I'll take Donald Trump's word on who is a, "good person". He has a great track record of having the slightest clue what a good person is.

Yeah, what a great guy. Definitely not bigoted, racist, or just a flat out asshole.

And yes, that is very much an ad hom because that is all Trump has ever really had to offer. When he actually gets into policy, "Oh... it's uh... it's a really complicated issue. Uhhhh... ummmmmmmm.... yeah. It's complicated. But we are great. We are the greatest. Mhmm. America! Muslims did it! Obama isn't American! E...EMAILS!!!"
What really gets me is that this is just the tip of the tip of the ice berg.  One needs to go back to his childhood to understand that he is disgusting creature from just about the beginning.  He has not changed at all in that--he is still a disgusting creature.  And he does not deny it and does not intend to change--ask him.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

But, but ... NYC folk are the ultimate forms of sentience we are trying to evolve into ;-)  You have to die, and be reincarnated as a NYC person. ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on September 29, 2017, 12:43:15 PMYeah, what a great guy. Definitely not bigoted, racist, or just a flat out asshole.
Don't forget that he was a bigly Birther and advocated for murdering civilians and stealing oil (aka war crimes).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D8U0nOHy60

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Iog4KMza6I

fencerider

Lmao at Mr ridiculous

to add to all of the above, Senator Corker was on the short list to be Secretary of State. Someone leaked that the reason Trump decided not to choose him was because he was too short. Is he doing a casting call for his grand performance???
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on September 29, 2017, 12:59:31 PM
How is ad hominems intellectual for either of you?

And yes, Shiranu ... Trump is no gentleman.  Obama was, though I didn't care for his policies.

I'll take a gentleman and a statesman fucking me over, over an asshole and a bigot really fucking me over. The gentleman at least gave me a handjob, the other guy just gave me herpies.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 29, 2017, 12:32:33 AM
Read the last 8 posts.
You're gonna' have to offer up something tangible. I don't accept paraphrases, and I damn-sure don't accept blatantly slanted misrepresentations. What has Trump ACTUALLY said - and cite the exact quote - that you take issue with, regarding police officers.

Most police officers are good people; Some are good people who, despite being good, shouldn't have the job on the basis that they don't deal with fucked up situations well; and finally, some are bad people.

I think you are missing the problem.  Yes most police offers are good people.  Always have been and always wills.  Risking their lives daily for the good of all. 

The problem is that some aren't, are arrogant, think they have "a 007 license to kill", and enjoy manhandling those they don't like.

The problem is also that, when some few are so obviously guilty of literal murder, they escape justice.  That diminishes general respect for the police overall and makes others very legitimately fear them.

I'm an older white male and I am coming to fear the police.  I can't tell which of the few are the crazy ones who will shoot first and plant a gun on my body later. 

Having to fear the police is WRONG.  This has to change or innocent citizens are going to start shooting first in self-defense.  And it will get worse from there.

Make sure you understand that I think most police are good, well-intentioned and civic-minded.  But DO understand that continued literal murders will change the relationship!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

"I'm an older white male and I am coming to fear the police." ... you should!  I fear my own driving and yours ;-(  Little old men and ladies, who are protecting their home, are shot by police ... because they are bearing arms ... and they are partly deaf and blind, so can't obey "drop the gun".  Had to deal with this, with my mother over the last 4 years before she passed on.

I agree, if you are not told "drop the gun" then maybe the cop over-reacted.  But they react in milliseconds.  Toy guns are realistic enough, and young punks are ... a target of prejudice.  Maybe just keep the kids indoors until they are 21?  I had a cap gun when I was little ... but I hope had I been confronted with a policeman ... he would think first and shoot later (if necessary).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 01, 2017, 03:14:34 PM
"I'm an older white male and I am coming to fear the police." ... you should!  I fear my own driving and yours ;-(  Little old men and ladies, who are protecting their home, are shot by police ... because they are bearing arms ... and they are partly deaf and blind, so can't obey "drop the gun".  Had to deal with this, with my mother over the last 4 years before she passed on.

I agree, if you are not told "drop the gun" then maybe the cop over-reacted.  But they react in milliseconds.  Toy guns are realistic enough, and young punks are ... a target of prejudice.  Maybe just keep the kids indoors until they are 21?  I had a cap gun when I was little ... but I hope had I been confronted with a policeman ... he would think first and shoot later (if necessary).

The majority of the "drop the gun" shootings had no gun involved except by the police.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2017, 04:08:21 AM
The majority of the "drop the gun" shootings had no gun involved except by the police.

I think we would make more peace, if anytime a cop did something that leads to a stupid fatality, the chief of police was executed.  Gotta make the buck stop somewhere.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 04, 2017, 09:35:33 PM
I think we would make more peace, if anytime a cop did something that leads to a stupid fatality, the chief of police was executed.  Gotta make the buck stop somewhere.

True to form, you exaggerate a situation beyond discussion.  Aren't you sometimes ashamed of yourself when you re-read your posts later?  I mean, they make no sense and only disrupt reasonable discussion.  Why do you do that?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 08, 2017, 04:09:16 AM
True to form, you exaggerate a situation beyond discussion.  Aren't you sometimes ashamed of yourself when you re-read your posts later?  I mean, they make no sense and only disrupt reasonable discussion.  Why do you do that?

Why are you such a kiss ass for authority?  Well maybe you aren't, and maybe I am ;-)  But if we executed the President (buck stops here) each time the Executive Branch screws up ... there would be fewer Presidential candidates next time ;-)  It was Truman's suggestion.  Perhaps he was the last President to take his office seriously.  Basically, do the WH job well, or don't get re-elected.  But that doesn't work in the 2nd term.  And the voters are shit-stains.  The OP was about how war-lording we are comparable to the Late Roman Republic.  The Senators tried to deal with that, and failed.  Not even the Mafia can deal with the Mafia.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 08, 2017, 05:40:12 PM
Why are you such a kiss ass for authority?  Well maybe you aren't, and maybe I am ;-)  But if we executed the President (buck stops here) each time the Executive Branch screws up ... there would be fewer Presidential candidates next time ;-)  It was Truman's suggestion.  Perhaps he was the last President to take his office seriously.  Basically, do the WH job well, or don't get re-elected.  But that doesn't work in the 2nd term.  And the voters are shit-stains.  The OP was about how war-lording we are comparable to the Late Roman Republic.  The Senators tried to deal with that, and failed.  Not even the Mafia can deal with the Mafia.

To quote Reagan "There you go again".    And "Not even the Mafia can deal with the Mafia"?  "And the voters are shit-stains"?

Do you read your own posts before sending them?