Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life,

Started by broken failures, September 21, 2017, 08:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 26, 2017, 05:40:07 PM
What the fuck is this shit?

Sent while riding my mighty steed: Godzilla

Another crazy one...  They go away eventually.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

When the Rapture happens, the world's intelligence will suddenly rise to new heights!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 28, 2017, 02:35:23 PM
When the Rapture happens, the world's intelligence will suddenly rise to new heights!

If we all worked at it real hard, do you suppose we could get it to happen sooner?  I would mind being free of all the crazy theists and it sure would eliminate the overpopulation problem for a few centuries while we learn to terraform venus or mars.

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on September 28, 2017, 02:40:02 PM
If we all worked at it real hard, do you suppose we could get it to happen sooner?  I would mind being free of all the crazy theists and it sure would eliminate the overpopulation problem for a few centuries while we learn to terraform venus or mars.
Why 'or'?  Terraform them both!  Although we might want to accelerate Venus' rotation on its axis.  Right now its day is longer than its year.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on September 28, 2017, 03:30:56 PM
Why 'or'?  Terraform them both!  Although we might want to accelerate Venus' rotation on its axis.  Right now its day is longer than its year.

Mars gravity is not really good for us and Mars can't really hold an atmosphere.  Venus is the right gravity and might be easier in some ways.  But doing both is fine by me if we can afford it.

I will assume terraforming Venus would include adjusting the rotation.  If we can do one we can do both.  LOL!

Unbeliever

If some of Venus' atmosphere could be transported to Mars, it might be possible to terraform both at once. Of course, it would take a lot more than that, but it would be a start. Maybe we could haul stuff from the Oort cloud, too, but it would be very time consuming - like centuries.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 28, 2017, 03:50:01 PM
If some of Venus' atmosphere could be transported to Mars, it might be possible to terraform both at once. Of course, it would take a lot more than that, but it would be a start. Maybe we could haul stuff from the Oort cloud, too, but it would be very time consuming - like centuries.

I admire creative thinking.  But I have to suspect that transporting atmosphere between planets has got to be hard...

Unbeliever

Nah, it's just a simple matter of engineering. I suppose Venus' atmosphere might have to be frozen first, perhaps by blocking all the sunlight from reaching it. Then the frozen gasses could be cut into big cubes and flung into orbit, where they can then be transported to Mars orbit. 
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 28, 2017, 04:02:55 PM
Nah, it's just a simple matter of engineering. I suppose Venus' atmosphere might have to be frozen first, perhaps by blocking all the sunlight from reaching it. Then the frozen gasses could be cut into big cubes and flung into orbit, where they can then be transported to Mars orbit.

COOL!  Literally and figuratively...

See?  Now *I'M* just thinking of engineering some bacteria and molds and yeasts  to survive on the surface and hoping something good happens.  Frozen atmosphere?  Amazing.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 28, 2017, 04:08:07 PM
We might be able to fling big blocks of Venus' frozen atmosphere to Mars with this technique:

'Space Tethers' Can Be Used to Fling Spacecraft Into Interplanetary Space

OK, you get into the mechanics, and I understand that better.  Rotate 2 objects, release one at the right time, LAUNCH! 

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 28, 2017, 04:16:18 PM
Yeah, it's all in the timing!

But why use 2?  Wouldn't a rotating station work just as well and stay in place if all the variables were measured??

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Cavebear