News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trumps UN Speech

Started by Drew_2017, September 20, 2017, 09:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew_2017

I thought it was direct, to the point and minus the kind of mealy mouth double talk we so typically hear from politicians.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Mike Cl

You not only have drunk the cool aide--apparently you bathe in it too!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

A politician advocating at the UN, which was established to foster world peace and stability after world war 2, the total annihilation of one country (and therefore by extension two as south Korea would probably be shelled to hell)... and you're impressed?

Cool.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Anyone paying attention knows that Trump has gone full MIC, and may have always been that way, or not allowed to run for office.  Unfortunate debut at the UN.  Statesmen aren't produced in the US, just war-mongers ....
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Drew_2017 on September 20, 2017, 09:50:48 PM
I thought it was direct, to the point and minus the kind of mealy mouth double talk we so typically hear from politicians.
Such a fine speech. Worth of the Reichstag! What? It was the UN? Seriously? That's just fucked up.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 21, 2017, 06:52:10 AM
Such a fine speech. Worth of the Reichstag! What? It was the UN? Seriously? That's just fucked up.

If Trump had said, lets all just get along with NK, Russia, Iran ... a sniper would have taken him out, while speaking.  This is a sad commentary on what the US really is, not just on a tool of the MIC.  Don't know that Trump really thinks, just understand he is no gentleman.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I've always thought of Chump as a lounge act. I feel vindicated.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

OMG. He seriously threatened to utterly destroy another nation during his speech to the United Nations? Gods, I never thought I would wish for Pence to become President, but we really need to get rid of Trump ASAP.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on September 21, 2017, 12:45:42 AM
A politician advocating at the UN, which was established to foster world peace and stability after world war 2, the total annihilation of one country (and therefore by extension two as south Korea would probably be shelled to hell)... and you're impressed?

Cool.
He also criticized the UN for not achieving world peace (admittedly, a slightly more complicated task than healthcare, a topic no one knew could be so complicated)

And he also lied his ass off.  Even if I totally agreed with this guy on policy issues (and I don't), he comes across more as a raving buffoon than a leader.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 21, 2017, 09:10:49 PM
Even if I totally agreed with this guy on policy issues (and I don't), he comes across more as a raving buffoon than a leader.
That is because that is what he is--a buffoon.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Draconic Aiur

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 21, 2017, 08:55:29 PM
OMG. He seriously threatened to utterly destroy another nation during his speech to the United Nations? Gods, I never thought I would wish for Pence to become President, but we really need to get rid of Trump ASAP.

Agenda 21 ... billions of useless people have passed their slavish sell-by dates.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 21, 2017, 09:14:38 PM
That is because that is what he is--a buffoon.

But Hillary (I blame everyone except myself) Clinton is presidential?  But Barak (getting money from everyone like Bill Clinton did) Obama is presidential?  If a Democrat shot someone randomly in the street, Democrats would cheer what a good shot he is.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on September 22, 2017, 02:15:28 AM
Im calling WW3 right now

It will be necessary to muss up some people's hair (paraphrasing the general played by George C Scott in Dr Strangelove).  Don't worry, the Elite in their luxury bunkers will survive it.   Y'all wanted the 60s back ... here it is ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntLsElbW9Xo

Been living with this all my life.  No biggie.  Triggering pictures with the song, snowflakes under 50 might want to cover their eyes ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.