Main Menu

Trumps UN Speech

Started by Drew_2017, September 20, 2017, 09:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: chill98 on September 29, 2017, 11:01:42 AM
You make my point. 

Second,  SNIP

The point being made was YOUR work experience may be valid, but my DIFFERENT and equally valid work experience is no reflection on the UN speech.

Tillerson was an audience member for Trumps speech.  GET IT? 

Still waiting for an actual substance of the speech that bugged you, but I would guess none will appear because you havent actually read the transcript of the CONTENT, instead looking to validate your own bias via flimsy 'body language'.... 

Just curious, Do Peacocks scare you? 

Because while its good to be hesitant around a barking/growling dog, the reality is Most will not bite you.  A body language example that needs to be taken in context before declaring it a dangerous dog.  Relying on your 'Animal instinct' to interpret a situation works sometimes.   Relying on it to make most decisions creates the need for 'safe spaces'.

If you would like, I can send you a box of crayons.

You meet 10 loose large dogs.  9 of 10 won't bite.  The 10th will attack and maul.  That makes all dogs generally safe?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Shiranu

Meh, I'll be honest, I don't see how the Tilerson thing is relevant other than for comedic value and to show that the stabilizing forces brought in to try to keep Trump under control are having a headache of doing so. While there is an inherent statement that the stabilizing force is getting annoyed and therefor Trump's opinion must likely be moronic or divisive, it's not a great statement for or against either way.

The most damning factor against Trump's speech is just simple common sense. We really don't need MSNBC, FOX, CNN, Tilerson's expression, whatever to tell us that it was a good or bad speech, anyone with ears should be able to hear Trump speak infront of the U.N. and say, "Wow, that was fucking stupid and past-the-borderline scary rhetoric for the most powerful man in the world to be saying.". Simple common sense should tell us that someone calling for the mass slaughter of an entire nation through extremely horrific means in front of the organization formed after WW2 to try and stop geopolitical violence is inherently in the wrong.

It doesn't take a political scientist, a masters in journalism, or a job as a rocket surgeon to know what Trump said was wrong... which could be easily applied to 95% of the statements he makes. All it really takes is even the weakest of moral compasses (hence the reason even many Republicans cannot stand the guy) to realise he is not a good person and his policies are not good for America or for the world.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on October 01, 2017, 01:41:45 AM
Meh, I'll be honest, I don't see how the Tilerson thing is relevant other than for comedic value and to show that the stabilizing forces brought in to try to keep Trump under control are having a headache of doing so. While there is an inherent statement that the stabilizing force is getting annoyed and therefor Trump's opinion must likely be moronic or divisive, it's not a great statement for or against either way.

The most damning factor against Trump's speech is just simple common sense. We really don't need MSNBC, FOX, CNN, Tilerson's expression, whatever to tell us that it was a good or bad speech, anyone with ears should be able to hear Trump speak infront of the U.N. and say, "Wow, that was fucking stupid and past-the-borderline scary rhetoric for the most powerful man in the world to be saying.". Simple common sense should tell us that someone calling for the mass slaughter of an entire nation through extremely horrific means in front of the organization formed after WW2 to try and stop geopolitical violence is inherently in the wrong.

It doesn't take a political scientist, a masters in journalism, or a job as a rocket surgeon to know what Trump said was wrong... which could be easily applied to 95% of the statements he makes. All it really takes is even the weakest of moral compasses (hence the reason even many Republicans cannot stand the guy) to realise he is not a good person and his policies are not good for America or for the world.

"Rocket surgeon" is the best contracted metaphor I've seen in years...

chill98

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 01:35:09 AM
You meet 10 loose large dogs.  9 of 10 won't bite.  The 10th will attack and maul.  That makes all dogs generally safe?

The 10th dog is N Korea. 

Quote from: TrumpNo one has shown more contempt for other nations and for the wellbeing of their own people than the depraved regime in North Korea. It is responsible for the starvation deaths of millions of North Koreans, and for the imprisonment, torture, killing, and oppression of countless more.

We were all witness to the regime's deadly abuse when an innocent American college student, Otto Warmbier, was returned to America only to die a few days later. We saw it in the assassination of the dictator's brother using banned nerve agents in an international airport. We know it kidnapped a sweet 13-year-old Japanese girl from a beach in her own country to enslave her as a language tutor for North Korea's spies.

If this is not twisted enough, now North Korea's reckless pursuit of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles threatens the entire world with unthinkable loss of human life.

It is an outrage that some nations would not only trade with such a regime, but would arm, supply, and financially support a country that imperils the world with nuclear conflict. No nation on earth has an interest in seeing this band of criminals arm itself with nuclear weapons and missiles.

The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea. Rocket Man is on a suicide mission for himself and for his regime. The United States is ready, willing and able, but hopefully this will not be necessary. That’s what the United Nations is all about; that’s what the United Nations is for. Let’s see how they do.

Cavebear

Quote from: chill98 on October 01, 2017, 08:17:32 AM
The 10th dog is N Korea.

Yeah.  So?  Was there a point to your post?

chill98

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 08:20:37 AM

Sure.  The quote was from Trumps speech at the UN.  Not based on flimsy body language, but fact. 

You are pissed at the wrong dog.

Cavebear

Quote from: chill98 on October 01, 2017, 09:49:47 AM
Sure.  The quote was from Trumps speech at the UN.  Not based on flimsy body language, but fact. 

You are pissed at the wrong dog.

Nah.  He ignored the speech written for him and just went off into "the wild blue wander" on his own.  That's why John Kelley was cringing.

Only Trump pisses me.  The rest are just hanger's-on.

chill98

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 10:18:52 AM
Nah.  He ignored the speech written for him and just went off into "the wild blue wander" on his own.  That's why John Kelley was cringing.

Only Trump pisses me.  The rest are just hanger's-on.
He gets to edit his speeches as he see fit.  And once again you do not point to anything you disagree with because:

Coddling N Korea has not worked.  Bribing N Korea has not worked.  They are lobbing missiles and allegedly testing nuke weapons with circumstantial evidence indicating this is true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_weapons_tests_of_North_Korea

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 08:20:37 AM

Hopefully your home will be in range of Rocketboy ... mine is not.  So yes, NorK is a very big point.  But Trump haters can always goosestep and clap when the US gets nuked, while Trump is in office ;-(  The day they do that, kill all the Ds for treason.  Traitors in 1861, in 1961 and today.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sylar

Quote from: chill98 on October 01, 2017, 10:57:33 AM
He gets to edit his speeches as he see fit.  And once again you do not point to anything you disagree with because:

Coddling N Korea has not worked.  Bribing N Korea has not worked.  They are lobbing missiles and allegedly testing nuke weapons with circumstantial evidence indicating this is true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_weapons_tests_of_North_Korea

What is Trump proposing to do about North Korea?

Don't quote speech rhetoric -- summarize actionable agenda items.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Sylar

Quote from: chill98 on September 30, 2017, 01:38:42 AM
The discussion was Tillersons body language and my point was things trump SAID would make Tillerson cringe.  It had nothing to do with whether they are at odds on this point.  However, heres some old clips of Trump and its not that much different from his words at the UN.  Trumps been singing this song for a long time.

Free trade
youtube.com/watch?v=sG1OLOjMEIo

1999 N.Korea
youtube.com/watch?v=1-1WE-ivtO4

More of the Oprah clip.
youtube.com/watch?v=GZpMJeynBeg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're saying is that if T-Rex were to cringe during Trump's speech, he'd cringe at Trump [allegedly] preventing him from getting his buddies great deals?

If so, then that's ridiculous because both are on the same page when it comes to getting their filthy rich buddies (and themselves) great deals at the expense of the middle class and the poor. An example comes to mind -- repeal of estate tax -- which benefits the filthy rich like Trump and T-Rex, and shifts more tax burden from top 1% to the middle class and poor.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Baruch

Quote from: Sylar on October 02, 2017, 04:26:42 PM
What is Trump proposing to do about North Korea?

Don't quote speech rhetoric -- summarize actionable agenda items.

The Trump admin admits they have a back door communication to NorK ... just like the US vs the Soviet Union during the Cuban Missile Crisis.  Nothing is as it seems.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on October 02, 2017, 07:41:49 PM
The Trump admin admits they have a back door communication to NorK ... just like the US vs the Soviet Union during the Cuban Missile Crisis.  Nothing is as it seems.
Every admin has had that.  Trump just told his team to stop using it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Sylar

Quote from: Baruch on October 02, 2017, 07:41:49 PM

What does a "back door communication to NorK" even mean? As far as we know, every president had a backdoor channel or the ability to get it.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 02, 2017, 07:49:04 PM
Every admin has had that.  Trump just told his team to stop using it.

And you believe him?  Silly rabbit ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.